Author Topic: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)  (Read 1163291 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 09:57:33 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
You can't say the Marketing department isn't having fun with this one.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
That's for sure.

I hope they continue to have this much fun with all their future movies too.
It also doesn't hurt that James Gunn is so excited about his work that he is still working to tweak things into perfection up till the last moment. I'm sure that dedication flows over into the marketing department as well.... with all the toys, artwork, trailers, promotions, interviews, articles, etc etc etc.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
That's for sure.

It also doesn't hurt that James Gunn is so excited about his work that he is still working to tweak things into perfection up till the last moment. I'm sure that dedication flows over into the marketing department as well.... with all the toys, artwork, trailers, promotions, interviews, articles, etc etc etc.

You know what that means...James Gunn will become the next George Lucas. 

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
That's for sure.

You know what that means...James Gunn will become the next George Lucas. 

not as long as he doesn't continue to tweak it after it releases, and starts adding scenes, and changing  other already completed scenes, and adding characters and then releasing shitty prequels decades later.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
So, Planet Hulk is happening? Cool.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
So, Planet Hulk is happening? Cool.

Rumors point to possible, but not exactly like you think.
someone with some insider knowledge says that they don't think so, but we will be happy to know that The Hulk will be more prominent going forward. Buddy team up w/ Rocket? cameo in GotG2? Planet Hulk? not sure yet, but I'm hoping for something that leads to a very awesome Hulk heavy movie.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
LADIES (& gentlemen), this is your Leading Man

Chris Pratt (& not Rocket Raccoon):

« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 10:32:06 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
I didn't realize how nice the Props looked.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
I can't not see him as Andy.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
So it took a Chat with Fandango but, I finally have Tickets to Guardians of the Galaxy at 7:00pm July 31st Imax 3D.  It only cost me a Full Priced Video Game plus Tax to get them. 

If anyone wants to join me that will be at the Franklin, TN Thoroughbred 20.  I plan to get there an hour Early to grab seats.

Put it in the Perpsective the last movie I spent that type of money for my Family of 3 to see was Pacific Rim.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
For that price, you should be able to reserve your seat(s) of choice.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
For that price, you should be able to reserve your seat(s) of choice.
Yeah, I wish.

$12.75 Adult x 2
$8.75 Children x 1
$8.00 Imax 3D Surcharge x 3
$2.00 Fandango Blood Money x 3
$64.25 Not Including Popcorn or 98.03% of a New Video Game including Tax
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 03:54:21 PM by Ceric »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Now that's a pricey night out.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
Wow that's horse ****.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
Why are you paying so much for Imax 3D? I paid 12 bucks to watch Gravity in Imax in the capital of the state I live in. I don't think the prices you are paying is the rule, but the exception.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
Why are you paying so much for Imax 3D? I paid 12 bucks to watch Gravity in Imax in the capital of the state I live in. I don't think the prices you are paying is the rule, but the exception.
That's what it cost in Nashville.  Probably the same in Knoxville as well.

Alright Knoxville is $3.75 less but it also has almost triple the screens.

Well the good news is it's still cheaper then some places

« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 05:19:49 PM by Ceric »

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
Thank god for piracy.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Thank god for piracy.

Netflix & Redbox too. Gotta have those legal options to stand on for moral high ground.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
That's the reason except for special occasions I will actually just go ahead and buy the Blu-Ray 3D version of something I want to watch if I remember instead of the Theaters.

Though most of the time I just forgot about it and eventual go "Oh I did want to see that.  Oh Well"

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
I add movies to my netflix list while i'm in the theater, based off of previews shown before movies, so even if I eventually forget about them and never go see them, they one day show up in my mailbox, and I go "Oh yeah, I really wanted to see that... forgot all about it."

I love my Netflix.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
I do the same thing with my seed box.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Rev your HYPE engines people, because this one is coming in HOT!!!!

Guardians tracking at a $60-$80M opening weekend 3 weeks out.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=103435

By my guesstimates (based on tracking for ASM2, Cap 2, DOFP) GotG could have a low WW Gross of ~$500M and upto ~$600M or more. I'm sure Marvel will be more than pleased and James Gunn has probably already started on GotG 2.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
If I'm reading this right GotG got the same budget as CA:WS, both $170 Mil.  That's interesting.  I'm psyched for this movie but I hope Disney isn't looking for that type of pay out.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
It's currently tracking at about $60M-$80M OW right now, which should put it in the $500M-$600M WW ball park.

Cap 2 opened at $95M w/ excellent WoM, and made it to $712M WW, where I believe it was actually pulled out early in China (America in the title? no Chinese production companies involved?).
Guardians is riding on excellent WoM already, coming off the Cap 2 HYPE and the A2 anticipation.
It may not make $700M like Cap 2, but Thor 2 had the same $170M budget and didn't quite get that kind of money either ($644M). So as long as Guardians breaks $475M, I'm sure Marvel will be more than happy, as that is better than either Thor 1 or Captain America 1.

and in other news:

Marvel is announcing a New "Thundering" Title on ABC's The View tomorrow morning.
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/07/14/marvel-announces-all-new-thundering-title-on-abcs-the-view-live-tuesday-july-15/282629/
Marvel is set to make an exclusive announcement live on ABC’s “The View,” TUESDAY, JULY 15 (11:00 a.m-12:00 noon, ET) when moderator Whoopi Goldberg, co-hosts Sherri Shepherd and Jenny McCarthy and guest co-host Ana Belaval reveal the latest explosive title.

https://twitter.com/marvel/status/488779835401965568

I can only wonder what it is. I figure it's gonna be female centric, whatever it is.
Black Widow Movie? Captain Marvel Movie? Jessica Jones Netflix show?  Agent Carter on ABC?
Not sure what would be thundering about that though... unless they are going to formally announce Thor 3 and show off some Hemsworth Abs for the ladies.

any guesses?

Is it possible that Lady Sif and the Warriors 3 will get a spin off (so they can claim #BeforeWonderWoman)?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 05:18:07 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »