Author Topic: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)  (Read 1165490 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
See the first 17 minutes of Guardians of the Galaxy in IMAX 3D for Free Mon. July 7th
& get an exclusive Poster (seen below?) for Free as well.
http://www.seeitfirst.net/pin/552287

« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 01:51:44 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
I've got to wait on the Misses to give the OK...
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
That might also be a good place to look if you are looking for early screenings later next month as well.

previously I've always used gofobo, but I haven't used that in quite some time now.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
I've got them.  The 17 Minutes are mine. *orange ring glows*
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Was tempted, but the closest was a 2 1/2 hour drive.  I did it for a two minute match of Smash Bros.  Not sure I'll do it for 17 mins of GotG. ;)
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
That's way too long of a drive for anything less than at least 1 hour long or making you money... unless you were hard up for some adult play time and that was your only avenue to get some (assuming you don't pay to play ;))

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
That sounds good, but I just went to Dave and Busters a few weeks ago...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
A TON of Guardians promo art work
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=102725

and even more artwork

and another TV Promo

edit:
James Gunn speaks on his final week of working on GotG
http://www.flicksandbits.com/2014/06/28/james-gunn-shares-a-wonderful-post-about-his-final-week-working-on-marvels-guardians-of-the-galaxy/72471/
There isn’t much left. I’m still playing with the sound mix and the 3D and the DI (digital intermediate – basically the color-timing) – and there are some outstanding visual effects shots. But I still want to do what I can with what I have left to make the most stunning film I can for you guys on August 1! I think the Marvel producers are starting to understand my almost psychotic inability to be happy with anything, and to pick apart things to the very bitter end. They’re going to have to tear this movie from my bloody grip.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 11:58:52 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
I hope there aren't too many close-ups of Botoxta's face.

On a side note, its crazy how much technology has changed film production, especially in the final stages. It used to be that a month before release, the film would have been long done and would be in the duplication stage and start shipping film to theaters soon. Now the director (and editor(s)) is (are) still working on edits and effects up until the wire.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Potential *SPOILER ALERT* regarding Age of Ultron and the possible future of The Hulk
http://m.hitfix.com/motion-captured/what-mark-ruffalos-not-telling-you-when-he-talks-about-marvels-planet-hulk-plans

I haven't read it, I'm keeping here for after the movie comes out. If you do read it, please mark your spoilers. Thanx.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 09:51:22 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
Potential *SPOILER ALERT* regarding Age of Ultron and the possible future of The Hulk
http://m.hitfix.com/motion-captured/what-mark-ruffalos-not-telling-you-when-he-talks-about-marvels-planet-hulk-plans

I haven't read it, I'm keeping here for after the movie congress out. If you do read it, please mark your spoilers. Thanx.
So make it a point to be to never do anything because doing something means you could get blamed?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Galaxy Swag

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
Some of that really is Embracing the 80's.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Some of that really is Embracing the 80's.

Here is the cover to the soundtrack:

and the Track list:
1. Blue Swede - Hooked on a Feeling
2. Raspberries - Go All the Way
3. Norman Greenbaum - Spirit in the Sky
4. David Bowie - Moonage Daydream
5. Elvin Bishop - Fooled Around and Fell in Love
6. 10Cc - I'm Not in Love
7. Jackson 5 - I Want You Back
8. Redbone - Come and Get Your Love
9. The Runaways - Cherry Bomb
10. Rupert Holmes - Escape (The Pina Colada Song)
11. The Five Stairsteps - O-O-H Child
12. Marvin Gaye/Tammi Terrell - Ain't No Mountain High Enough

pre-order: amazon.com

It's not just embracing, it's got a tight grip on it. :P: :
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 09:44:26 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
This is probably nothing, but James Gunn just Instagrammed this photo:
http://instagram.com/p/p9FfzJIzbV/

but with all the talk of Hulk having a prominent role in AoU and rumors of *potential AoU SPOILER* Hulk possibly getting launched into space and eventually meeting up with GotG seeing the aliens involved in the movie that Hulk was previously rumored to be getting only fuels the fires of the rumor mill.

But Gunn previously stated that he used these aliens in place of the Badoon, as Fox is currently in control of that race of aliens with the X-men and/or F4 properties.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 05:10:46 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
It's really interesting how they are having to dance with Fox having those rights.  Reading about the Badoon some this looks to make the MCU diverge even more.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
or converge, depending on if Planet Hulk happens or not.

Being forced to work with less allows them to make a tighter fit for everything instead of having 60 strings and only time to pull on 10 of them.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
I just wanna see more of the rock monster from thor 2.

Also keep the cats man.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
or converge, depending on if Planet Hulk happens or not.

Being forced to work with less allows them to make a tighter fit for everything instead of having 60 strings and only time to pull on 10 of them.
I meant diverge from the comics universes.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
I know what you meant, I was countering with a different perspective. They get to do more with less, it keeps things simple for a more broad audience to understand.

Blessing in disguise if you ask me.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
I know what you meant, I was countering with a different perspective. They get to do more with less, it keeps things simple for a more broad audience to understand.

Blessing in disguise if you ask me.
Oh, Agree in general.  I mean its well document that I don't like X-Men being part of the Marvel Universe as a whole.  I think it muddle its.  Same to a degree with the F4. 

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
The problem with having a big universe is simple.  When a threat is big enough, why aren't all the players and big heroes working together to solve the problem.

Like it is understandable in Captain America 2 everything happening was under the radar at first, and SHIELD did not want information to leak.  Though I am sure Iron Man (Tony Stark) knew about it...but at this point he is still proving to Penny he is a changed man.  (He totally isn't.)

Now, what is harder to understand is why in the second Thor movie Shield and other agents aren't trying to help...that was a pretty big threat and event. 

In the end, bigger universes make it harder to blend everything together believably.  Realistically all these teams would be helping each other when the entire world is threatened.

At least in Marvel they try to rectify that by having Mutants hated and therefore treated like second class heroes.

DC has an even bigger problem, because of the power levels of all their heroes and the fact that all of them regularly work together on a team.  They should never be separated on solo missions unless several events are happening at a time. 

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
With Thor 2, the whole event with the portals took place in a total span of maybe 5-10 minutes in some random locations. Not a lot of time to mount an assist. By the time they would have gotten there, it would have been over. That includes Stark, who was in in NY and the conflict was in London, Europe.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 12:40:54 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Why didn't War Machine/Iron Patriot help out at the Battle of New York?  I was really expecting IM3 to address that...

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
Why didn't War Machine/Iron Patriot help out at the Battle of New York?  I was really expecting IM3 to address that...

Logic probably dictates that in case of an Alien Invasion and super humans not really being a big occyrance yet, that Rhody was put on the detail to protect the President.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70