Author Topic: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)  (Read 1165753 times)

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Not liking the sound of "fast tracking" the movie.  Hope we don't start seeing the quality decline.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Well they have the storyline draft of the script done, they are hiring a "talent" to do the full script so that they can start production sometime next year.

By "fast-tracking" I'm sure they mean making it a priority project, as it's next in line after Ant-man and Cap 3: TWS2
We will probably also hear some things about Thor 3 sometime next year as well, since I think Thor & Dr. Strange will probably release one after the other.

A2 -> Ant-Man
Cap 3 -> Dr. Strange -> ?Thor 3?
?Hulk 2? -> ?GotG 2?
?Capt. Marvel? -> Avengers 3

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
*SPOILER* Details from Avengers 2, Ant-Man & Star Wars Ep7
http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/exclusive-scoop-tidbits-on-avengers-2-ant-man-and-star-wars-vii-243

spoiler tag any discussion based on the above link. Some of us may not want to know.
thanks.

MCU Thread Management.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Holy Crap Star Wars vs MCU crossover!
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Holy Crap Star Wars vs MCU crossover!

There are not spoiler tags thick enough to contain that. you must hide it behind an "abbr".

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
Has this ever been posted before? It's almost a year old, so I assume it has...

I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
That was posted somewhere before.

Now for new news.
Rosario Dawson joins Marvel's DareDevil on Netflix
http://marvel.com/news/tv/2014/6/20/22725/rosario_dawson_joins_marvels_daredevil_for_netflix#ixzz35Cr2rcGE
Marvel and Netflix are proud to announce that acclaimed actress Rosario Dawson has joined "Marvel’s Daredevil," an all-new 13-episode series premiering on Netflix in 2015.

Known for her powerful work in “Cesar Chavez,” “Kids” and the upcoming “Sin City: A Dame To Kill For,” Rosario Dawson will play a dedicated young woman whose quest to heal the wounds of Hell’s Kitchen brings Matt Murdock unexpectedly crashing into her life, while her own journey forever alters the course of his battle against the injustices of this broken city.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
I forgot that the area is called Hell's Kitchen.  I know have images of the show Hell's Kitchen is what she's trying to heal.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
and according to L-R, *GotG SPOILER Alert* Nathan Fillion is playing Richard "Dick" Rider aka Nova in the post credits of Guardians of the Galaxy.

maybe that leads to a solo movie for phase 3?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
According to Jo-Blo & Badass Digest *Ant-Man SPOILER Alert* Yellow Jacket is the villian of the Ant-Man Movie.
http://badassdigest.com/2014/06/20/spoilers-the-villain-of-ant-man-is/

Now I know what you want to say, "But BNM, Ant-Man is Yellow Jacket!" and I know that, but as the story suggest, this may be the best way to deal with something that has stuck with Ant-Man for far too long.

http://www.thewire.com/static/img/upload/2013/08/26/hank_pym_slap.jpg
Now instead of Hank Pym aka Ant-Man aka Yellow Jacket being labeled a "wife Beater" now it's just Yellow Jacket, the villain from the Ant-Man film that back handed that woman. He really is a bad guy.

The villain in Ant-Man is Yellowjacket. You'll note that this is way outside of the comic canon, as Ant-Man Hank Pym himself was Yellowjacket for a while - he had a bunch of different super-identities, with Yellowjacket being one of the edgier ones. This doesn't mean Hank Pym is the villain (as many have speculated in the past), as he won't be in the suit. Pym is much more of a mentor to Scott Lang in this film.

It's an interesting repurposing of existing Marvel IP, and I suppose it makes sense - it's unlikely the Marvel Cinematic Universe will ever use the different Hank Pym identities, so why not use one of them for this movie and have it be a villain? Yellowjacket was Pym's identity when he famously beat his wife, and that iteration of Pym is pretty much the 'multiple personality disorder' version of him, so having Yellowjacket be a villain makes... some sense?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
More Mahvel News... how is this possible?
this one is Rumors, from the TVLand, more specifically Agents of SHIELD.

Besides one of the team members making an appearance in AoU it is rumored that we will see some established SHIELD members make their way to the show for the 1st time and one of them could possibly be a series regular. Speculated to be: Black Widow, Hawkeye & Agent 13 - Sharon Carter, the last of which is to be a "series regular"
source: http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/25550/20140619/agents-of-shield-black-widow.htm?exe=reporter

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
and there's more.... WTF people, spread this **** out.

Guardians of the Galaxy scene *SPOILER*
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=102250

I haven't read it, so please spoiler and label any discussion about it, but....

And with that the footage wrapped, with Feige promising that it leads to ‘one of the biggest and best final battles in any Marvel film.’

well HYPE is rising.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
OMG save some for tomorrow.... this is getting out of hand.

Looks like Fiege has spoken up about some Marvel projects and how they do things.
http://www.totalfilm.com/news/marvel-s-kevin-feige-updates-on-guardians-of-the-galaxy-thanos-ant-man-tv-shows-and-doctor-strange

He speaks on Guardians, Thanos, The Netflix TV Series, Ant-Man (w/o Wright), Dr. Strange, and the possibility of X-men & Spiderman being in the MCU.

Here are some excerpts
"Every time we make a movie, we focus on the single movie, the importance of doing the best version we can to introduce a new audience to the characters. So we don't have, necessarily, two or three or four movies planned because if we have a good idea - a fun idea for a scene or a cool character - we put it in this movie because we know if the first movie doesn't work, there won't be any movies after that. [...]  but really all the energy goes into the first movie first."

and about Doctor Strange

"Scott Derrickson has been announced as the director. Doctor Strange is a character that I've been interested in for many, many years and that I've talked about in interviews for probably 14 years, because I believe it's very, very important for us to explore every nook and cranny of the comic-book universe and we've done the street-level heroes, and we've done the billionaire superheroes [on Earth]. We've now done the cosmic side with Thor and Avengers and most obviously with Guardians, but there's a whole other side of the Marvel comics, which is that supernatural side - the interdimensional side of the Marvel universe, and Doctor Strange is, I believe, our entry point into that other realm, which has dozens of characters and storylines all of its own.

So Strange is very, very important, not just because it's an amazing character study, and a journey of a man who's gone from this very arrogant surgeon to somebody who is quite zen and literally keeps all of reality together on a daily basis, but it also is going to open up a whole other side of storytelling for our movies. So we're about to hire a writer to redo a draft, and we think we'll be casting probably in the next month or two, and announcing an actor, and then we get into production in the spring of next year."

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
ex-Heroes star Milo Ventimiglia is lobbying/hinting(?) hard at Punisher Role in the MCU.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/CBMNewsLMB10/news/?a=102301#SyJhOBlsuGUdmT7r.01

also Guardians of the Galaxy appears to be getting it's own cartoon

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
How will agent 13 make season regular if Revenge is going for a full season as well

As for Punisher Bring back Thomas Jane and pull a hulk alluding to the 2004 film.

Also Nathan probably won't be Dick Rider due to the simple fact that the MCU will most likely use the younger Sam Nova. His Origin hits much more with the MCU and I feel Nintendo needs to strike with a Younger Hero after Phase II is finished. Take Sam's character and Age him up to the mid to late teens that Dick was when he started. 
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Also Nathan probably won't be Dick Rider due to the simple fact that the MCU will most likely use the younger Sam Nova. His Origin hits much more with the MCU and I feel Nintendo needs to strike with a Younger Hero after Phase II is finished. Take Sam's character and Age him up to the mid to late teens that Dick was when he started. 
Nintendo could use Younger Heroes ;)
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Nintendo could use Younger Heroes ;)

I did a double take on that out of place Nintendo name drop.

But Nova comes back in a the comics next month. Big cover issue with Thanos, so who knows. James Gunn said Fillion isn't Nova, but once again, who knows.... We'll see in about 1.5 months.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Empire magazine does GUARDIANS covers

And something about Gremlins Reunited!? Wut!?

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
Is Rich coming back, I thought the Original Sins tie in will explain why Starlord got out of the cancerverse while Rich is still stuck there.

That second cover looks pretty bad.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
I don't know what it's about specifically, I just know they are revisiting the character next month to explain some ****. It's a good opportunity to bring him back if that's what they intend to do.

Also James Gunn said Celestial aren't the only cosmic "giants" to be introduced into the MCU through GotG.
http://badassdigest.com/2014/06/23/james-gunn-hints-at-just-how-cosmic-guardians-of-the-galaxy-will-be/

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Nathan Fillion's cameo in GotG is supposedly as character we already knew would be making a cameo appearance in the movie...
http://schmoesknow.com/hot-scoop-guardians-of-the-galaxy-news-nathan-fillions-cameo-revealed-spoiler/25426/

Nathan Fillion to cameo as Cosmo the psychic Russian Space Dog

edit: I guess James Gunn shot this one down too.

I guess that leaved him to be Adam Warlock. yep. that's it.

but seriously, Fillion did the cameo as a favor, so it's likely a one-time thing, and not a possible recurring character maybe? I like the idea of him reprising his role from Firefly for a brief one-time cameo.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 05:41:31 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Dumb question - if there was an early screening (like, sometime before the 31st) of GotG somewhere in the US, how would I find it and how would I get invited/get tickets?

My wife is leaving town for a few days starting the 31st and we both really want to see this movie.  We're taking the week off together and thinking we could travel somewhere. :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
http://advancescreenings.com/

That popped in a google search.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
I've gotten free tickets from here on numerous occasions
http://www.gofobo.com/screenings/search

edit: and here are some stills from the set of GotG
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=102543

and a bonus pic of Ronan:

and some action clips:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=102570

new edit: extended TV Promo