Author Topic: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)  (Read 1163742 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
You forgot the [/youtube]

thanks, but it turns out that I had actually misspelled "youtube" as "yoututbe", so it moved the /youtube command to the end of the post. But either way I fixed it now.

and I heard that that game was recently updated and is quite awesome now.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Marvel hires "Yes Man Director" for Ant-Man.... Adam Mckay to rewrite script.
http://marvel.com/news/movies/2014/6/7/22643/director_peyton_reed_and_writer_adam_mckay_join_marvels_ant-man
When Marvel's "Ant-Man" hits theaters July 17, 2015, director Peyton Reed will help shepherd the hero into the Marvel Cinematic Universe with a cast led by Paul Rudd and Michael Douglas, with writer Adam McKay contributing to the film's script.

Armed with the astonishing ability to shrink in scale but increase in strength, con-man Scott Lang (Rudd) must embrace his inner-hero and help his mentor, Dr. Hank Pym (Douglas), protect the secret behind his spectacular Ant-Man suit from a new generation of towering threats. Against seemingly insurmountable obstacles, Pym and Lang must plan and pull off a heist that will save the world.

Not sure why Wright & Cornish couldn't "rewrite" the script... and direct, but whatever. Moving on.
Ant-Man  -> Cap 3  -> Dr. Strange  -> Thor 3  -> GotG 2  -> Hulk 2  -> Capt. Marvel  -> Avengers 3 (my prediction)

- Peyton Reed (Director)
Most Notable Releases: Yes Man, The Break Up, Bring It On

- Adam McKay (re-Writer)
Most Notable Releases (as writer): The Other Guys, Anchorman, Anchorman 2, Step Brothers, Talledega Nights

As a rework of Wrights script, and a little touch of Whedon to smooth out any rough edges, I think we might be ok.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Looking at those writing credentials I have to say I'll skip this one at theaters.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Looking at those writing credentials I have to say I'll skip this one at theaters.

I'm not HYPED about it, but early reviews will let you know all you need to know. And don't forget, if this stays on schedule (which is of utmost importance to Marvel) it will be out 3 months after Avengers 2 and fully riding that HYPE wave.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
The only thing that worries me is the number of rewrites and director changes.  Credentials aside, changing horses mid-stream is always worrisome.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Another awesome fan made poster

And an official one too
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 02:33:32 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Meet your new Kingpin - Vincent D'Onofrio is cast in Daredevil Netflix series
http://marvel.com/news/tv/2014/6/10/22659/vincent_donofrio_is_wilson_fisk_on_marvels_daredevil_on_netflix

Marvel and Netflix are proud to announce that acclaimed actor Vincent D’Onofrio has joined “Marvel’s Daredevil,” an all-new 13-episode series premiering on Netflix in 2015. Best known for his critically-lauded work in “Law & Order: Criminal Intent,” “Men in Black, “Full Metal Jacket” and “Homicide,”  D’Onofrio will play Wilson Fisk, a powerful businessman whose interests in the future of Hell’s Kitchen will bring him into conflict with the blind attorney Matt Murdock and his alter ego Daredevil.

D’Onofrio joins Charlie Cox, previously announced as Matt Murdock, in the exciting cast of “Marvel’s Daredevil.”

“We’re incredibly proud to have an actor with the gravitas and versatility of Vincent joining 'Marvel’s Daredevil' in such an integral role,” said Jeph Loeb, Marvel’s Head of Television. “Wilson Fisk is an iconic villain whose cunning and power make him the dangerous equal of our hero."

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Who likes toys?

and Green women!?

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
http://marvel.com/news/tv/2014/6/10/22659/vincent_donofrio_is_wilson_fisk_on_marvels_daredevil_on_netflix

Marvel and Netflix are proud to announce that acclaimed actor Vincent D’Onofrio has joined “Marvel’s Daredevil,” an all-new 13-episode series premiering on Netflix in 2015. Best known for his critically-lauded work in “Law & Order: Criminal Intent,” “Men in Black, “Full Metal Jacket” and “Homicide,”  D’Onofrio will play Wilson Fisk, a powerful businessman whose interests in the future of Hell’s Kitchen will bring him into conflict with the blind attorney Matt Murdock and his alter ego Daredevil.

D’Onofrio joins Charlie Cox, previously announced as Matt Murdock, in the exciting cast of “Marvel’s Daredevil.”

“We’re incredibly proud to have an actor with the gravitas and versatility of Vincent joining 'Marvel’s Daredevil' in such an integral role,” said Jeph Loeb, Marvel’s Head of Television. “Wilson Fisk is an iconic villain whose cunning and power make him the dangerous equal of our hero."

Good choice i say. I was hoping they'd go for someone with menacing physical presence like Michael Clarke Duncan though. Terry Crews, for instance.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
My mind was just blown as I just found out that D'Onofrio played "Thor" in Adventures in Babysitting.

and the "Roach" from Men in Black.... Wow.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 04:24:34 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Ceric

• View Profile

Good choice i say. I was hoping they'd go for someone with menacing physical presence like Michael Clarke Duncan though. Terry Crews, for instance.
He has some big shoes to fill because I though Michael Clarke Duncan performance in the DareDevil move was excellent.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
I'm not big into superhero stuff, so I wasn't that interested in Guardians of the Galaxy, but I would have totally gone to see it if they retconned it to include Bert Macklin.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
(Potential) Age of Ultron *SPOILER*

http://www.latino-review.com/news/exclusive-avengers-age-of-ultron-early-story-details-revealed

if you read, discuss under spoiler tags. Some of us may not want to know.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
With the first Avengers movie being the 3rd highest grossing movie of all time, Joss Whedon now has the resources and flexibility to pull off what will be Marvel's biggest comic book movie to date.
This part of that article concerns me.  I don't want Episode 1 to happen here.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
With the first Avengers movie being the 3rd highest grossing movie of all time, Joss Whedon now has the resources and flexibility to pull off what will be Marvel's biggest comic book movie to date.
This part of that article concerns me.  I don't want Episode 1 to happen here.

I think its the Titanic (and Avatar) effect. He's proven himself to make a big return on investment, so let him do as necessary. Only James Cameron and Christopher Nolan otherwise have that same freedom.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Avengers: AoU set report

You may "Trip" when you see who makes an appearance on this movie
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=101839

All the usuals and expected are there. But someone from ....AoS.... makes an appearance on set...

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
Look's like Weadon has been reading my tumblr those story spoilers.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
I don't know if this is AoS/MCU related, but I assume it is since there are no other announced projects from her at the time...

Chloe Bennet (Skye) has a Baby Bump
http://instagram.com/p/pSWEqll3zi/

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
Yeah that has got to be a fake Baby Bump.  I don't know any Pregnant women who would be doing all that without collapsing right afterwards.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
There is no doubt to that being a Fake Baby Bump, my assumption was that this was for some filming of Agents of SHIELD... Skye is preggo? by who?

Or is she doing another music video with her teen pop asian girl group?

She is not actually pregnant, so why is she in the desert wearing a baby bump?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Crossbones to be back for Cap 3: http://screencrush.com/frank-grillo-the-purge/
and could be a Black Widow type of character and pop up in numerous movies(and TV show?).

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
New and best Guardians of the Galaxy trailer yet.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Dr. Strange is in the works and Marvel is hoping to fast track it.
http://m.deadline.com/2014/06/marvel-setting-jon-spaihts-to-script-doctor-strange/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook
EXCLUSIVE: Marvel Studios is negotiating with Jon Spaihts to write the script for Doctor Strange, the franchise-launching film which will be directed by Scott Derrickson. Doctor Strange was hatched by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko during that Marvel Comics heyday of the early 1960s. He’s a neurosurgeon who becomes Sorcerer Supreme, protecting Earth against magical and mystical threats with powers of sorcery, mysticism, and martial arts. Marvel’s Kevin Feige is producing.
Spaihts is writing Universal’s The Mummy reboot as well as the New Regency alien invasion pic The Darkest Hour and The Black Hole. His script Passengers has Keanu Reeves attached and made the 2007 Black List, but he is probably best known in the genre crowd for being the first writer of Prometheus, which rebooted Ridley Scott’s Alien franchise.
Marvel hopes to get a script and put this one in production on a fast track. They have a short list of actors that includes Tom Hardy and Benedict Cumberbatch, and I now hear that Dallas Buyers Club star Jared Leto is also on that list. The first draft of the Doctor Strange script was penned by Thomas Dean Donnelly and Joshua Oppenheimer. Spaihts is repped by CAA and Circle Of Confusion.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
Random Marvel thought: Of all the high budget live-action disney movies only the Marvel produced ones look like they look different.

Disney produced ones (Prince of Persia and John Carter are two that come to mind) often seem to have the same CGI and set "feel".