Author Topic: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)  (Read 1157239 times)

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
Black Panther has to come out of Africa for some of his character.  Ironfist should be a Kung-Fu Flick.  If Memory serves doesn't he do a buddy cop detective type thing later.   Memory could just be fuzzy.

Heroes for Hire, Luke Cage and Iron Fist start a freelance detective agency.

Black Panther doesn't need to be taken out of Africa for his Origin story. His literally origin is usually his father is killed he's made an outlaw and now he must take the role of Black Panther and take back the country, insert evil foreign guy who bank rolled the evil advisor's rise to power to get Vibranium.

As far as the Punisher is concerned you can easily tease him, or have him be a recurring character in all of the Netflix series. Since the defenders will be dealing with Hell's Kitchen and street crime to an extent having the punisher be more of a counter point to the idoits with powers and in capes would be pretty nice.

Than you spin him off into his own series that takes its notes from the two greg ruka series.

The most intresting thing about the Neftlix series is what direction will Daredevil take. The current series is good and pretty lighthearted at times, while the most well known runs are pretty dark and gritty.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
I kinda like the idea of NOT giving Punisher his own story.  Weave him into a series, and not have him be the focus.  Remember the Punisher is not really a good guy.  He isn't evil, but he definitely isn't good. 

Having a character that can float into different stories for different purposes is a great idea.  I also think Agents of Shield could use a fringe character like Punisher in its series.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
PS:  If I was going to make a Punisher Series to make it work, I would make the series like Lone Wolf and Cub, which he is an assassin that takes vengeance for the weak.  However, just like in Lone Wolf and Cub he must know the whole story before taking a job.  Let the audience see what horrible things the people did that makes them deserve punishment. 

Also, build a ruthless code of ethics around the Punisher.  Hero and Villain both aren't safe if he believes you are deserving of the vengeance paid for.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Black Panther has to come out of Africa for some of his character.  Ironfist should be a Kung-Fu Flick.  If Memory serves doesn't he do a buddy cop detective type thing later.   Memory could just be fuzzy.

Heroes for Hire, Luke Cage and Iron Fist start a freelance detective agency.

Black Panther doesn't need to be taken out of Africa for his Origin story. His literally origin is usually his father is killed he's made an outlaw and now he must take the role of Black Panther and take back the country, insert evil foreign guy who bank rolled the evil advisor's rise to power to get Vibranium.

As far as the Punisher is concerned you can easily tease him, or have him be a recurring character in all of the Netflix series. Since the defenders will be dealing with Hell's Kitchen and street crime to an extent having the punisher be more of a counter point to the idoits with powers and in capes would be pretty nice.

Than you spin him off into his own series that takes its notes from the two greg ruka series.

The most intresting thing about the Neftlix series is what direction will Daredevil take. The current series is good and pretty lighthearted at times, while the most well known runs are pretty dark and gritty.
Once  Black Panther is done getting his throne back being an Isolationist seeing the otherside makes for growth in his character.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
PS:  If I was going to make a Punisher Series to make it work, I would make the series like Lone Wolf and Cub, which he is an assassin that takes vengeance for the weak.  However, just like in Lone Wolf and Cub he must know the whole story before taking a job.  Let the audience see what horrible things the people did that makes them deserve punishment. 

Also, build a ruthless code of ethics around the Punisher.  Hero and Villain both aren't safe if he believes you are deserving of the vengeance paid for.

That's not the punisher through. His whole thing is that he let's dumbasses in tights do what they do and actually fights the real monsters who aren't trying to take over the world and ****. He goes after drug dealers, rapists, Pedophiles, murders.

Plus he hangs out with Daredevil and Spiderman from time to time, and like coulson in the comics he idolizes Captain America.

Of course but that would be a Black Panther sequel most likely.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Wrights replacement search has a few candidates.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/ant-man-director-contenders-include-707976

- Ruben Fleischer
Most notable releases: Gangster Squad, Zombieland

- Adam McKay
Most notable releases: Most (if not all) of Will Ferrel's movies over the last decade, Bachelorette, Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters

- Rawston Marshall Thurber
Most Notable releases: We're the Millers, Dodgeball, Easy A

If the choice was yours, who would you want to see take over Ant-Man?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 01:03:54 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Well, no one's gonna have a spotless record.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Who would you want to see do Ant-Man though?
considering the visual effects style has already been decided as most of the pre-production is already completed, the script is written, the actors casted, and all Marvel needs is someone to "direct", who should take over?

I don't know much about directing, but based on the most notable releases, I'm thinking McKay may be the best pick and most experienced, but I would probably favor Thurber, over Fleischer.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 05:39:35 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
L-R had it first, but Variety confirms that Josh Brolin will be Thanos starting in GotG.
http://variety.com/2014/film/news/josh-brolin-to-play-thanos-in-marvels-guardians-of-the-galaxy-1201198891/

and TheWrap says that Thanos has a more prominent role in Age of Ultron
http://www.thewrap.com/josh-brolin-joins-marvels-avengers-age-of-ultron-as-villain-thanos/

« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 04:49:20 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Who would you want to see do Ant-Man though?
considering the visual effects style has already been decided as most of the pre-production is already completed, the script is written, the actors casted, and all Marvel needs is someone to "direct", who should take over?

I don't know much about directing, but based on the most notable releases, I'm thinking McKay may be the best pick and most experienced, but I would probably favor Thurber,

Probably McKay, since he seems to be the comedy guy.  My concern is gonna be how the action scenes look and what kind of performance he'll pull out of the cast.  Directing is such a big, yet often subtle piece of film making.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Looks like McKay is the choice.
http://badassdigest.com/2014/05/31/adam-mckay-is-directing-ant-man/#comment-1413250196

Supposedly Thurber was who they wanted, but Paul Rudd wanted McKay, Marvel was happy to oblige as McKay was the only one they talked to.
Bill Pope (Wright's Director of Photography) also left the project.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
Looks like Mccay is out as well.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Looks like Mccay is out as well.

Scheduling conflict (hint: he's working on yet another Will Ferrell movie)

Maybe they'll tap that 2nd choice. Maybe they'll go for a whole new direction... maybe they talk Wright into coming back with a bonus based on gross or something.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
This movie is getting into development hell.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Here's some interesting news on the Marvel front.

Marvel vs Fox

Marvel is cutting off the Fantastic 4 comic line to spite Fox (true or false?)
-no idea, but I hear the F4 comics sell like **** anyway, so it might just be a coincidence.

Marvel is cutting out all X-Men merchandising (like they threatened to do to Spider-man with Sony) and letting Fox's strangle hold of the property stand on it's own in the movies. (true or false!?)
- no idea, but just like with SM, Disney don't need the money, so in the long run it would hurt Fox and their X-men (& F4) in the minds of the youth as there will be no presence on the toy shelves, or "happy meal" boxes for kids.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/x-men_movies/x-men_days_of_future_past/news/?a=101096

I wonder if Disney is trying to strong arm for 100% merchandising from Fox for release of their meager share of the box-office.

Rob Leifeld is also speculating that after the performance of ASM2, Sony might be willing to split financing of future spiderman for an appearance in A3.
My un-informed prediction, Sony will split producing/financing w/Marvel on next Spidey film and open door for inclusion in Avengers 3
I don't think Marvel will bite as Sony is in the hot seat right now, but A3 is a ways off, so who knows what kind of deal Disney will be able to sucker Sony into since the roles are kinda reversed this time around.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com

That's not the punisher through. His whole thing is that he let's dumbasses in tights do what they do and actually fights the real monsters who aren't trying to take over the world and ****. He goes after drug dealers, rapists, Pedophiles, murders.

Plus he hangs out with Daredevil and Spiderman from time to time, and like coulson in the comics he idolizes Captain America.

Of course but that would be a Black Panther sequel most likely.

Yes, I kinda know my idea isn't the Punisher, but sometimes you have to look at the medium you are making the story for, and go for it.  Obviously, I see the problem with him being a mercenary that was going after good guys, so you can't really do that.

But I could still see my basic idea laid out similar to what was mentioned.  And it really doesn't go against a character that is targeting the criminals that nobody else is targeting.  I just think the idea of financing some of this life by taking some money for killing the bad guys seems interesting, and helps him be even more grey when it comes to if he is good or bad.

B&M:

I think it would be a bad decision for Disney to try to not support toys or comics because they want to get the franchise back.  You could permanently damage relationships with studios you might want to partner with.  Also, at this point in time Marvel is crafting a world that doesn't need the X-men, Spiderman, or other characters.  If Marvel does finally get those franchises back then I can see them incorporating them, but not now.

The only thing I might see is Marvel really wanting to do Fantastic Four in Phase 3, to help lead into the Avengers 3 sense that is going to be the Thanos story...and having the Fantastic Four as a part of a time to help combat such a huge evil would be great.  I really wonder if Fantastic Four is really going to happen at all though.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 12:18:13 AM by Spak-Spang »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Disney could be trying to strong arm Fox into giving up Fantastic Four instead of running it into the ground. And when they aren't going to make any merchandising money in X-Men or F4 to recoup any potential losses, Fox might not see the benefit in holding onto Marvels first family when the franchise doesn't make money, and instead favor making merchandise money off wolverine & friends toys.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
I could see Disney/Marvel trying to strong arm their way into getting F4 back, but cancelling the books out of spite just seems so. . .petty.

I like the idea of Marvel/Disney getting X-Men back because that series has been almost entirely made of disappointment.  I haven't seen DoFP yet though.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
To tell you the truth does anyone actually know any who reads the Fantastic Four Books.  I'm trying hard to think of anyone that I've known ever.  I can't think of anyone who didn't read them before I was born.  Maybe it is time to retire them to be brought back later.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Word is that the latest series or two not only sucked but has sold like ****, so that could be the reason. But they also aren't on the 75th anniversary cover and supposedly had been removed from display around the Marvel office, which is a little weird.

And in other news: Marvel isn't shooting a One Shot for the Cap 2 DVD :(
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/05/30/marvel-wont-make-a-one-shot-short-film-for-captain-america-the-winter-soldier-exclusive/
So that Hawkguy short everyone was wanting, showing why he wasn't in TWS is not happening just yet... maybe on the GotG DVD instead.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
*Hawkeye.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/05/30/marvel-wont-make-a-one-shot-short-film-for-captain-america-the-winter-soldier-exclusive/

Well it was fun while it lasted.  Mark my word that is the beginning of the end.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
*Hawkeye.

**Hawkguy

Well it was fun while it lasted.  Mark my word that is the beginning of the end.

I'm sure it's a temporary thing, and maybe they find time to do it afterall, but they have ALOT going on right now. (Ant-man drama, GotG polish/release, Avengers 2, Big Hero 6, AoS, Agent Carter, Netflix shows, Fox Drama with F4 & X-Merchandising and then putting together staff for a one shot on the Cap2 DVD) hopefully they get it all sorted out though as we all still want that Hawkguy One-Shot (remember the Tracksuit Vampguys from All Hail the King).

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
Big Hero 6 is the Disney Animation Wing.  Same division who did Frozen.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
I know, but it's in collaboration with Marvel still.

I would be surprised if the Marvel Studios logo wasn't infront of the movie somewhere.
That carries a lot of weight recently

By Marvel Studios and The People that brought you Tangled, Wreck It Ralph and FROZEN.... Big Hero 6

edit: and how about some awesome fanart!?

« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 06:12:03 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »