Author Topic: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)  (Read 1162609 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
I've been told the general rule when watching B.O. #"s is to double the production amount before assuming a profit is made. Mostly because the studio splits the take with the theaters (I believe it's 50/50 in the US, but it's more like 20/80 in China - studio/theater)

Cap 2 production budget was $170M, so we assume profits are made at $340M
so once it passes MoS, we are looking at ~4x budget and the biggest Avengers bump yet.
So looking at the thread earlier it cleared $303 Million its opening weekend.  I'm sure it got the next $37 Million it needed to be guaranteed profitable in its first week.  So (601-340)/2 = $130.5 Million in Profits.  It needs to make another $79 Million at the box Office to make 2x What the budget was.  Let's just go ahead and use the $700 Million Number.  If we go on the assumption that ticket sales are 50/50, which is probably the highest, That leaves us with $350 Million so they will have just over doubled there investment at minimum.

Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Feige talks Ant-Man
http://www.latino-review.com/news/kevin-feige-starts-to-define-ant-man
"It was two things - a story Edgar wanted to tell that we'll see with Michael Douglas and Paul Rudd, and now we're 11 films in, it's looking at the characters we've already introduced who already have the technology and the brains to do...certain things [Laughs]."

"We changed, frankly some of the MCU to accommodate this version of Ant-Man. Knowing what we wanted to do with Edgar and with Ant-Man, going years and years back, helped to dictate what we did with the roster for Avengers the first time. It was a bit of both in terms of his idea for the Ant-Man story influencing the birth of the MCU in the early films leading up to Avengers."

"Look at that origin of the petty crook who comes into contact with a suit and does his best to make good, and then look at someone like Paul Rudd, who can do slightly unsavoury things like break into people's houses and still be charming and who you root for and whose redemption you will find satisfaction in."

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Captain America: The Winter Soldier defeats Asgardian forces and marches onto Kryptonian soil.
http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=marvel14b.htm

Cap 2 now at $645 Million after 4 weekends
Thor 2 is at $644.7 Million after 23 weeks
MoS is at $668 Million after 14 weeks

Cap 2 has passed Thor 2 both domestically and internationally, but only passed MoS internationally so far.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
So it has 10 more Weeks to get $23 Million?  That should be easy to clear.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
I'm sure it will do it in 2 weeks.
But I'm not sure if it will ever pass it domestically... that would be a miracle at this point ($70M to go... LOL).
But hopefully it can easily grab atleast $10M more domestic to pass X3 and move into the Top 100

In the 8 weeks to follow, I'm hoping it crosses a few steps into the $700M zone.
if it can crawl past $715M WW it will have passed all the Twilight movies, and that would be a great success in my book.

Cap 2 has also become the record holding April release beating out Fast Five for domestic April Gross
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=98932#L2KSfUHHioq1wIhI.99

edit: New pic from Guardians of the Galaxy

« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 12:19:11 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
Taking out Opening Week its making about $43 Million a week domestic.  Should be able to do $70 Mil.

Also We are Fashionable Borg.  You will be Assimilated then Accessorized.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
It did $16M this week, will probably do 8-10 next week, and then 5-6 the next two weeks after that.
Don't forget that Amazing Spider-Man 2 comes out this weekend, and that will take even more spotlight off of Cap 2. X-MEN: DOFP is 3 weeks after that.
It be a slow crawl to $70M more domestic at that pace
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 04:25:07 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Sneak peek at this weeks Agents of SHIELD
http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/04/agents-of-shield-episode-120-nothing_28.html

Agent Maria Hill makes a reference to MAN-THING just before having a "private" conversation with Agent May. Not sure how that's gonna play out on TV. Although I don't know much about him, but when I hear that name, the thing that immediately comes to mind is Swamp Thing. I'm sure they are not too far off from each other.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Swamp Thing is DC though.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
I know, but I just meant that it's likely Marvels equivalent, like Quicksilver to Flash, Namor to Aquaman, etc etc

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
The big difference is that Swamp Thing is a supernatural entiny that keeps all its human emotions, while Man Thing is pretty much a giant swamp monster.

3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
So they are opposites, and should probably switch names?

I also just found out that there was a SyFy movie for Man Thing back in 2005. It supposedly doesn't follow anything from the comics in any meaningful way, but whoever holds (held?) the license has atleast tried to do something with it.

I think Marvel should not renew that Namor contract with Universal when it expires (which I think is later this year). It's best they just sit on it till they are ready to use it. And that may be soon if they want to meet DC with a King of Atlantis of their own, if Aquaman rumors for MoS2 are worth anything.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
Well Swamp Thing is more similar to being a guardianand there have been non human swamp thing's before. Kind of hard to explain.

I hope next season of shield goes in heavy with the mythology and World building inbetween Winter Solider and Avengers 2. As much as I dislike the early monster of the week stuff their has to be some sort of answering of the question is what happens after shield falls. Where are the super criminals and weapons going to stored since it seems all the other goverment orgnizations have little to do and the Avengers are doing they're own stuff.

My guess is that Shield is in tact by the end of the season with Coulson in charge of a much smaller organiztion.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
New Agents of SHIELD art

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
http://www.latino-review.com/news/tim-blake-nelson-fantastic-four-hulk-movie
Lou Ferrigno says that a solo Hulk movie is coming for Phase 3
Speaking of Hulk and the proposed sequels that seemingly fell off the slate once they recast the character for a third time, Lou Ferrigno told a local radio station in Minnesota that Marvel is- indeed- planning another solo film. After talking about how Ruffalo's Hulk was the "star of the movie" in the first Avengers, claiming he "saved the day," the actor said, "Now because he saved the day they're making another solo Hulk movie after the second Avengers comes out."

they also state that the guy who was to become The Leader from the 1st MCU Hulk movie will now be playing the doctor that eventually becomes Mole Man in the new Fantastic Four movie.

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
Hopefully that movie never see's the light of day!
Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
New Agents of SHIELD art

Opening for the next episode of Agents of SHIELD
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/tv/agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-video-see-ward-garrett-in-ragtag-old-days/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&dlvrit=57774#/0

and here is a clip from the next episode as well. If this clip doesn't at least make you smile... you are dead inside.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=687177834680401

Nerdy Coulson is sooo.... umm... how do I say this inoffensively... "Modern Family", and Agent May... I don't know what to say about the glasses, but I'm sure it would look better with a different frame. LOL. Them doing the FitzSimmons banter is golden though, and the slip of the accent makes the scene.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 02:16:57 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Man of Steel: DON'T YOU SAY IT...

Cap: On Your Left ;)

Captain America passes Man of Steel with $679.8M WW (vs $668M WW)
$7.7M gained domestically.
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=marvel14b.htm

In other news though, Frozen is set to pass Iron Man 3 in WW gross thanks to massive ongoing success in Japan. 8 straight weeks of opening weekend numbers in Japan.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 12:09:53 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
In other news though, Frozen is set to pass Iron Man 3 in WW gross thanks to massive ongoing success in Japan. 8 straight weeks of opening weekend numbers in Japan.
Wow... Dang.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Glad Cap 2 could beat Man of Steel.  Because one of those movies sucked ass.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
New AoS art for the season finale

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
Because of AoS Marvel has been really bad about keeping the Surprise from Winter Soldier.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
TWS is practically out of theaters in the next few weeks, so if you haven't seen it yet, then you probably aren't interested in staying current, so they are not marketing to you (as you probably aren't watching AoS anyway).

and that is a shame because TWS was great and AoS has been really good as well this last month or so.
AoS finally found it's stride now that it didn't need to dance around a major plot point in the show. I hope season 2 can hit the ground running and not look back much like Arrow s2 before it.