Author Topic: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)  (Read 1163063 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Some new Guardians of the Galaxy footage

http://a.pomf.se/tjsrjp.webm

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
I think I'm at the point with GotG that I don't want to see anymore footage.  I'm just to excited for the experience.

Anyway, with replacing SHIELD, that does happen in the comics (with an organization named HAMMER), but to work that story line, they'd have to incorporate or replace Norman Osborn.  Could still make for a great Avengers movie though.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Marvel Cinematic Universe is now the 'Most Successful Franchise in US Box Office History'
http://www.slashfilm.com/marvel-cinematic-universe-box-office/
This week’s release of Captain America: The Winter Soldier brought the domestic gross of the nine films in the Marvel Cinematic Universe to $2,463,300,000 and counting. That’s more than the eight Harry Potter films, seven Star Wars films (including The Clone Wars), and 24 James Bond films, making it the highest grossing franchise in American history…not adjusted for inflation. Read more details on the Marvel Cinematic Universe box office below.

I wonder how the MCU measures up Internationally & World Wide and not just US Domestically.
24 Bond Films must be hard to beat internationally, and I wonder what the tally is adjusted for inflation?

edit: Here is the link to Box Office Mojo for everyone that wants to see unadjusted and WW totals or whatever other combination
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/franchises/?view=Franchise&sort=sumgross&order=DESC&p=.htm
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 10:44:50 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
Isn't it still behind Potter?

Saw Winter Solider with some family today on a 4K cinema screen. Marvel has a winner, my grandma loved it and my uncle liked it for being more of a thriller than a superhero movie.

Plus it has my favorite end titles even beating iron man 3.

I hope we see more of Agent 13 in a one shot.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
New Agents of SHIELD Art

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Wow, Captain America 2 is the best Marvel movie since Iron Man. Really liked it. Good "moral of the story" as well. Chris Evans really nails the character.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
The only Marvel movie I was bored with was Thor.  But I admit, I am not a huge fan of the character.  However, Thor 2, was enjoyable for the interactions with Thor and Loki...but everything else was too loud and kinda boring.

Captain America nailed it though. 

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
To be honest Thor's a really good pop in character but a pretty poor on his own character.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Finally saw Cap 2.  Definitely my favorite stand alone so far.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
It sounds like Agent Carter may not only debut in the Agents of SHIELD off season, but may also skip a pilot and go straight to series.
http://www.deadline.com/2014/04/pilots-2014-early-buzz-edition/

Then there is Marvel’s stealth Agent Carter project. Last year, the company went into Fort Knox mode on its Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. pilot, which was kept under lock and key. They took that a notch further this year with carterAgent Carter. Because there is a prototype — the project is inspired by a one shot, which was featured on the Blu-ray release of Iron Man 3 — word has been that it would forgo a pilot and go straight to series. The script was finished more than three months ago (“the script is great,” ABC’s Paul Lee said back in January), the option on one-shot’s star Hayley Atwell came up and was extended, but the green light never came. Now there is talk that a pickup for Agent Carter may come along with a renewal for Marvel’s freshman Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., with the new series possibly serving as a bridge between the fall and spring portions of S.H.I.E.L.D.

If you want to be reminded of the tone the series is aiming for, check the OP for the One Shot - Agent Carter that released on the Iron Man 3 DVD. I'm guessing that served as the pilot.

edit:
On a second reading, it appears that it will air in the middle of an AoS S2 break. So instead of twenty 1-2 week breaks like this season, they can do 2 arc's with 1 large break in the middle, to which they would air maybe a 6-8 episode Agent Carter series. so that's good on both shows.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 04:19:31 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Good News Guys:

Elizabeth Olsen (Scarlett Witch) Interview - http://www.flaunt.com/people/elizabeth-olsen/

Paul Bettany talks The Vision - http://badassdigest.com/2014/04/14/paul-bettany-confirms-hes-playing-the-vision-in-age-of-ultron/

Faracii article that mentions Black Panther - http://badassdigest.com/2014/04/03/i-think-disneys-bob-iger-is-teasing-a-ms.-marvel-movie/

“Yes, they've gone colorful and caped,” he wrote (Regarding The Vision). As for the Black Panther presence, Devin Faracii teased with the following: “What if I told you that Age of Ultron invokes Wakanda as Ultron gets his comic book famous vibranium shell?”

tl;dr
Vision will look like Vision and Ultron may be visiting a certain African Country to Obtain some rare materials that can only be found there.... Oh, and Elizabeth Olsen is looking mighty fine.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Anthony Mackie on The Tonite show with Jimmy Fallon promoting The Winter Soldier

LOL - This fool is enjoying himself too much. So damn Hilarious.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
I hope they go with the traditional Vision look but with the metalic-ness of Ironman's suit.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Captain America passes $500 Million WW
http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=marvel14b.htm

That puts is it $20M ahead of Thor 2 Domestically at 11 days in.

edit: That also moves the MCU up above James Bond as now the 2nd highest grossing Series (when not adjusted for Inflation... James Bond has 24 movies, a majority of which came out in 20-30+ years ago)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 10:34:00 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
Anthony Mackie on The Tonite show with Jimmy Fallon promoting The Winter Soldier

LOL - This fool is enjoying himself too much. So damn Hilarious.

Hahahaha so damn funny.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
Catching up on Shield and man i feel bad for Fitz.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
Catching up on Shield and man i feel bad for Fitz.
My Wife just says he should have made his move.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
He's been friendzoned. It's too late for now, but if Triplett bails, there is always that shoulder to cry on angle he can play.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
I'm guessing either Ward or Fitz bites it at the end of the season.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
I'm guessing either Ward or Fitz bites it at the end of the season.
I'll one up you.  Fitz takes out Ward.  Also my far off prediction is that Skye the personality dies.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Captain America: The Winter Soldier to bypass Asgard and sets sights on Krypton.
TWS crosses the $600Million mark, and we haven't even reached its 4th weekend yet.
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=marvel14b.htm
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/captain-america-winter-soldier-sails-698422

Cap 2 = $601M in less than 4 weeks and still counting
Thor2 = $644M after 23 weeks
MoS   = $668M after 14 weeks

estimated to close north of $700M

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Good.  Because Man of Steel sucked.  Winter Soldier was great.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
I like Cap2 but compared to other films I wonder how much it had to clear to become profitable?  I have a feeling that movie itself cleared that the first week so its in pure War Chest territory.  I say War Chest instead of profits because I'm sure the Marvel movies are being used to fund themselves.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
I've been told the general rule when watching B.O. #"s is to double the production amount before assuming a profit is made. Mostly because the studio splits the take with the theaters (I believe it's 50/50 in the US, but it's more like 20/80 in China - studio/theater)

Cap 2 production budget was $170M, so we assume profits are made at $340M
so once it passes MoS, we are looking at ~4x budget and the biggest Avengers bump yet.