Author Topic: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)  (Read 1157245 times)

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
I think the BnM:  You have a pretty good idea about what to do with a singular Hulk movie.

The idea I would add is really make the story physiological.  Like, Banner is trapped and he himself believes his interplanetary banishment is justified.  He gets trapped in the Hulk persona, because he wants himself to die...but then something gives him hope again.

In Planet Hulk, I liked the idea that his blood somehow allowed life to grow again.  This is an interesting twist...and could be a catalyst for Banner to hope again, but now, the beast and man are struggling in an competition with each other...how to get out alive.  It is like whose solution will work...and their minds are actually learning to trust each other and meld, but you see it as a struggle for survival. 

It would be damn hard to write...and even harder to shoot...but if you pulled it off, it would be an amazing movie.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Winter Soldier figure is no where near as good as the other two.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
I think the BnM:  You have a pretty good idea about what to do with a singular Hulk movie.

The idea I would add is really make the story physiological.  Like, Banner is trapped and he himself believes his interplanetary banishment is justified.  He gets trapped in the Hulk persona, because he wants himself to die...but then something gives him hope again.

In Planet Hulk, I liked the idea that his blood somehow allowed life to grow again.  This is an interesting twist...and could be a catalyst for Banner to hope again, but now, the beast and man are struggling in an competition with each other...how to get out alive.  It is like whose solution will work...and their minds are actually learning to trust each other and meld, but you see it as a struggle for survival. 

It would be damn hard to write...and even harder to shoot...but if you pulled it off, it would be an amazing movie.

I didn't get into specifics, but those are good details to add. Planet Hulk is my Favorite Marvel animated movie, followed by Hulk Vs (Wolverine), and I would really like to see another Hulk solo movie. So using Planet Hulk to get us to a Banner Hulk (as I like to put it) that can tie back into GotG (and expand Cosmic MCU at large) and lead back to Avengers 3, where Hulk can do more than just "SMASH" but actually be tactical in his cooperation and precise with his strengths, sounds like a good direction to me.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile

I think Scarlett's head is to large on her figurine. That one shot makes it almost creepy as she just stares at you.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile

I think Scarlett's head is to large on her figurine. That one shot makes it almost creepy as she just stares at you.
I do agree with you.

Cap's is by far the best of the bunch.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Good news implied by promotional materials for AoS

So maybe he gets blown up or burned again.... or maybe the other cybernetics are under some artificial skin. Either way, it appears they are still responding to fan feedback, so that's a good thing.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
What's the deal with Captain America showtimes?  No one seems to have them yet?  Movie comes out in five days. :(
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Sold out? No reason to advertise?

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
What's the deal with Captain America showtimes?  No one seems to have them yet?  Movie comes out in five days. :(

I've seen it already.

BNM will probably notice, but somewhere in the film i sat up and went "oh so this is a significantly higher budget Person of Interest?"

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Kevin Feige has planned out movies through 2028
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=97380

He also mentions how there is no hope on getting Spiderman or X-Men back anytime soon.... notice something missing from that list!? F4!?

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
Kevin Feige has planned out movies through 2028
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=97380

He also mentions how there is no hope on getting Spiderman or X-Men back anytime soon.... notice something missing from that list!? F4!?
I think there better off without X-Men.  Spiderman though is a shame.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
Man Spiderman would be an awesome to do as a romantic comedy or a Teen Drama on the CW.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Peter kisses Gwen while Mary Jane sees them out of the corner. Radioactive, Radioactive...

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
More POSTERS!!! And these ones are just as awesome as that retro 70's style one.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
Yes those look awesome.

Teaser poster for next weeks AOS done by Mike Del Mundo
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
This has got to be some Poster Collectors wet dream.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
The Winter Soldier is projected to open at almost $100 Million
http://boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3813&p=.htm

That would set the April Record and track the movie ahead of Thor 2.

I'm gonna put my chips on a gross of $800M WW for Cap 2.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
This has got to be some Poster Collectors wet dream.
Or unholy nightmare...

So, saw Cap2 last night.
Where the heck does AoS go from here?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Since AoS was likely created specifically for what's going to happen next.... I can't wait to find out.

I'm not watching Cap2 till Sunday though. so please mark all related spoilers if you discuss them in here.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Here is the opening clip for next weeks Agents of SHIELD

https://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d---exclusive--bill-paxton-doesn-t-fear-the-reaper-161333865.html

Marvel fans, listen up: We've got a first look at the opening moments of next week's "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.," which directly ties in with the current big-screen blockbuster "Captain America: The Winter Soldier."

In what is probably the best 90-second cold open of any show this season, a couple of S.H.I.E.L.D. fighter pilots try to shoot down Bill Paxton's jet, but Bill Paxton isn't having any of it because… well, he's Bill Paxton.
[...]
If you've been waiting for “Agents” to get good, but grew tired of all the set-up earlier in the season, now is a good time to get on board. “Winter Soldier” may have been just the shot in the arm the series needed to turn it into the exciting and fun action show it's always wanted to be.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
The Winter Soldier is projected to open at almost $100 Million
http://boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3813&p=.htm

That would set the April Record and track the movie ahead of Thor 2.

I'm gonna put my chips on a gross of $800M WW for Cap 2.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2014/04/04/thursday-box-office-captain-america-2-earns-10-2m/
Captain America 2 pulls in $10.2M in Thursday night Box Office, speculated at hitting $107M-$125M for the weekend... by far an April record, and definitely tracking ~50% more than Thor 2 on preview night opening.

edit
I also just remebered that I said I was going to quote all the CA2 posters into one single post...
guess I better get on that.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 03:17:37 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Hm.
Some pretty big Captain 'Merica 2 Spoilers and some minor AoS spoilers - but an interesting article on where AoS heads from here:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2014/04/06/captain-america-agents-of-shield-tv-series/7313369/

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
A post-CA:TWS Interview.  Some minor spoilers.

http://www.vulture.com/2014/04/spoiler-captain-americas-big-twists-explained.html

The interview itself isn't much, but I chuckled at this:
When Marvel decided to make an Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. show, were you like, "Well, there's not really gonna be a S.H.I.E.L.D. after we get done with our movie, so…"
McFeely: I know they showed the movie to the cast of the show, and when the third act happened, their jaws dropped. They were like, "Do we have jobs anymore?" It's gonna be fun for the show. It gives them a direction to go; it motivates them.