Author Topic: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)  (Read 1165257 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: It's MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)
« Reply #250 on: February 13, 2014, 09:05:23 AM »
Marvel. Stop. Just stop.

We will only hit rock bottom when Sarah Jessica Parker is given a prominent role. Be glad for now.
Is there a horse-faced Marvel super hero somewhere that exists out there? Maybe? Anyone? Bueller?
I'm fairly sure there is but the first thing that comes to mind is Beta Ray Bill:
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 09:07:20 AM by Ceric »
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 13, 2014, 09:09:10 AM »
I would pay to see a BRB movie with SJP as the lead.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 13, 2014, 09:24:47 AM »
The whole Beta Ray Bill start could make for a very interesting Thor 3 and allow him to spawn his own Movie easily.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 13, 2014, 10:05:55 AM »
Beta Ray Bill. Plus dude gets to smang Sif.

I'd be down with a Black Widows and Hawkeye buddy film. They'd have to retcon hawkeye to make him as interesting as hawkguy.

Have a cool and collected Black Widow and a huge fucking Trainwreck of a Hawkeye.

3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 13, 2014, 05:05:36 PM »
I'd be down with a Black Widows and Hawkeye buddy film. They'd have to retcon hawkeye to make him as interesting as hawkguy.

Have a cool and collected Black Widow and a huge fucking Trainwreck of a Hawkeye.

Is this the pic you were looking for, and is that your post from NeoGAF?
Quote from: NotTheGuyYouKill;100594574
I wouldn't mind seeing a Black Widow/Hawkeye film if we got cool, collected Natasha like in Edmondson's current run and Human Trainwreck Clint like in Fraction's current run.

Like, a hilariously depressing spy buddy thriller.

Also GotG toys:

(there are unrelated toys infront of the box)

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #255 on: February 14, 2014, 08:57:21 PM »
I would pay to see a BRB movie with SJP as the lead.
She's PERFECT for it!
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 15, 2014, 08:55:35 PM »
Captain America: The Winter Soldier SPOILER at NY Toy Fair?

Don't look unless you want to be spoiled. **Potential Spoiler** is in the URL.

and lots more Guardians of the Galaxy toys from NY Toy Fair
here: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=94638

« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 10:01:17 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 15, 2014, 09:18:09 PM »
I don't know for sure that's a spoiler.  Marvel's included characters from outside the movies in the "movie" toy lines before.  Wouldn't surprise me either way though.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 15, 2014, 09:32:45 PM »
I actually meant to put a "?" at the end of that, because I figured that might not be in the actual movie.
and if it is in the movie, it still didn't specify who it was in the movie.

It's been long speculated that Robert Reford's character is The Red Skull, or at the very least working for HYDRA.

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 16, 2014, 06:26:26 PM »
At first I thought he was OG Nick Fury, with Nick fury being a code name not a "real name" but then after the trailer, he's got bad guy writings all over him. I'm thinking he's a Skrull which opens up the door for well, everything

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 16, 2014, 09:08:24 PM »
Read a rumor on GAF about what's coming up next in agents of shield. Sounds like the last arc will tie heavily into Winter Solider and the rumor BlackNMild put uo.

Sounds like the second season will be adapting Fury's Secert Warriors as a lead up to AOU.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 17, 2014, 12:36:54 AM »
That means the next crossover has the potential to be a real crossover.

Now the question (assuming it's all true) is, does The Winter Soldier only lead directly into Age of Ultron, or is there a small hand off to Agents of SHIELD to make the next moves leading directly into AoU?

Edit: oh, and what rumor did I put up?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 12:40:04 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 17, 2014, 11:40:24 AM »
Ant-Man production news
 http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/30920/-world-s-end-crewmen-join-ant-man
Filmmaker Edgar Wright is re-teaming with two of his "The World's End" colleagues for his upcoming "Ant-Man" film at Marvel Studios.

Composer Steven Price, who just won the BAFTA for his work on "Gravity," will handle the "Ant-Man" score. Price also worked with Wright on Joe Cornish's "Attack the Block".

Also onboard is 'Matrix' trilogy cinematographer Bill Pope who shot Wright's own "Scott Pilgrim vs. The World". Paul Rudd, Michael Douglas, and potentially Evangeline Lilly star in the film with production scheduled to take place shortly in Georgia.

Nothing but good news here.
Cornish and Wright worked on the script
Price on Music, Pope on photography

Bringing in the style and inspiration behind Scott Pilgrim, the World's End, Attack the Block, Gravity and The Matrix just means that Ant-Man is probably gonna be the most fun at the movies we've had since The Avengers, as far as Marvel movies go.

Although Guardians and A2 could also be incredibly fun.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 17, 2014, 11:43:08 AM »
The Robert Redford speculation.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 17, 2014, 03:30:49 PM »
Also to your point Winter Soldier is supposed toblead directly into Age of Ultron. In the same way the last Cap movie went into the avengers, its been rumored the after credits scene for Winter Solider is going to feature Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver.

Still not sure how the end will turn out but I'm guessing the ending of WS will have seeds for rest of the film.Even if Redford's character isn't who we think he is, I'm betting he's working for the World Council or Hydra. I'm guessing end of WS will have fury going under ground and sheild's takeover by Hydra consolidated. Shield re instates the ultron program based on research from Hank Pym.  On the AOS side, Team Coulson goes underground to keep the list out of Hydras hands while protecting other dudes on the list.

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 17, 2014, 03:31:37 PM »
I've only seen 1 Edgar Wright movie, Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World. I had so much fun and joy watching that. Hopefully he puts that kinda mojo on ant-man.

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 17, 2014, 03:36:07 PM »
On Shield:

Agent Coulson being killed in Avengers and him being alive is level 7 clearance, how does he go on mission all over the world as himself? And why would it still be a secret to the Avengers. Even the Cadets at shield academy know he's alive now. I fell like I'm missing something?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 17, 2014, 04:06:48 PM »
On Shield:
 Agent Coulson being killed in Avengers and him being alive is level 7 clearance, how does he go on mission all over the world as himself? And why would it still be a secret to the Avengers. Even the Cadets at shield academy know he's alive now. I fell like I'm missing something?

The Avengers are busy, I doubt it comes up in the casual conversation... that they don't have with SHIELD.
I wold be surprised if Cap (Widow & Hawkeye) wasn't atleast aware at this point, or by the end of Cap2 at the very latest. As they don't really seem to be keeping it as much of a secret seeing as he was all over the Academy and The Hub.

I've only seen 1 Edgar Wright movie, Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World. I had so much fun and joy watching that. Hopefully he puts that kinda mojo on ant-man.

You should also see The World's End. Lots of fun and a good feeling for his style.
and since your gonna be picking up movies, also get Attack the Block, because his buddy did that one.
Shaun of the Dead is also entertaining.

Also to your point Winter Soldier is supposed toblead directly into Age of Ultron. In the same way the last Cap movie went into the avengers, its been rumored the after credits scene for Winter Solider is going to feature Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver.

Yeah, I know that. I was asking (not that any of us would know) if The Winter Soldier will ONLY lead into Avengers 2, or will it also hand the ball to AoS to carry the story. As is put in a second end credit (ala Thor 2) that sort of pushes the audience to pick up on Agents of SHIELD to get more background on what happens between Cap 2 & A2.

There have been enough intentional delays during this first season of AoS to air a few episodes after the release of The Winter Soldier (Apr 4th, 2014), and if the season delays anywhere as much next season as it did this season, it should end (a few weeks before or) the week that Avengers 2 hits theaters (May 1st, 2015).

Still not sure how the end will turn out but I'm guessing the ending of WS will have seeds for rest of the film.Even if Redford's character isn't who we think he is, I'm betting he's working for the World Council or Hydra. I'm guessing end of WS will have fury going under ground and sheild's takeover by Hydra consolidated. Shield re instates the ultron program based on research from Hank Pym.  On the AOS side, Team Coulson goes underground to keep the list out of Hydras hands while protecting other dudes on the list.

All the more reason for the show to get a post credit nod. see my comments above, but there will be atleast 3 episodes of AoS after Cap2 hits theaters, and then a whole 2nd season before Avengers 2 hits theaters.
and since Guardians is largely unconnected to Earth events for the time being, AoS has to carry the ball till the next movie (Age of Ultron). A post credits hand-off of the story not only legitimizes the show, but allows them to keep the hype train rolling and expand the universe in a meaningful way for the TV audience as we know that what is happening here is directly affecting the MCU as a whole.
This will allow those that only watch the movies to movie directly to the next movie, but it will also entice those that want more to pick up the TV show in the off season and follow that up up till Avengers 2.

I'm hoping that was their plan all along, as I really want to believe that in a board room somewhere Marvel execs have had all this **** planned out years in advance, only leaving room for the shifting of minor details depending on the branching paths that they take.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 04:10:20 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 17, 2014, 05:21:14 PM »
Apparently Disney showed the trailer or a teaser for it at the NY Toy Fair
http://www.guardthegalaxy.com/2014/02/guardians-of-galaxy-14-new-york-toy.html
UPDATE: Disney Consumer Panel Updates:
A behind the scenes look at Guardians of the Galaxy with new footage was shown!
-"Rocket Raccoon is the heart of the film."
-"Groot is the muscle, but has a sweetness to him."
-We hear Vin Diesel say "I Am Groot!"
-"Drax is a warrior but very emotional character."
-"Gamora is beautiful but deadly."
-"Ronan is as bad as bad can get."
-Chris Pratt spoke about the Star-Lord toys, via video. Says Starlord is "stuck in the 80's."

"Hi, I'm Rocket, the heart of the movie, and this is my friend Groot"
"I am Groot"
"He is the muscle. and together, we are just so damn cute."

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: February 17, 2014, 05:42:32 PM »
Trailer is going to show up on tommorows Jimmy Kimmel.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 17, 2014, 06:08:51 PM »
Trailer is going to show up on tommorows Jimmy Kimmel.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2014/02/17/guardians-of-the-galaxy-sneak-peek/5554079/?AID=10709313&PID=6149513&SID=1dr6jjvv3kwwy
The scenario almost sounds like the start of a sci-fi joke: A child of the 1980s, the deadliest woman in the galaxy, a tattooed green warrior, a talking raccoon and a sentient alien tree walk into an intergalactic prison.

Instead, it's the start of a new space saga, Guardians of the Galaxy, due Aug. 1 from Marvel Studios. Directed by James Gunn, the film is based on the cult comic book and continues to explore the Marvel Cinematic Universe of the Iron Man and Avengers films but in an entirely different way.

The first trailer will be in theaters Friday and premieres on ABC's Jimmy Kimmel Live! on Tuesday night (11:35 ET/PT), with a special intro by star Chris Pratt.
Character and story details at the link...
and the link has new movie pics  :D

« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 07:47:08 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 17, 2014, 10:47:03 PM »
To tell you the truth I think I'm more excited for Guardian of the Galaxy then I am the next Avengers.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #273 on: February 17, 2014, 10:52:41 PM »
Well, you know the next Avengers movie is gonna be amazing, but the GotG movie could be anything; it could even be amazing!
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 17, 2014, 10:56:00 PM »
Batista's botox makes me sad.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA