Author Topic: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)  (Read 1167196 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: It's MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)
« Reply #225 on: February 07, 2014, 01:48:40 AM »
Latino Review says Ms Marvel is in the movie too

http://latino-review.com/2014/02/avengers-update-paul-bettany-vision-playing-miss-marvel/

And we thought Spider-Man and X-Men was chock full of characters....

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 07, 2014, 02:56:59 AM »
I'm a little more optimistic about Avengers 2 because there's a good handful of films to introduce or cameo these characters - or just not announce their early arrival, ala Doctor Who - rather than the DCU way of mish-mashing them all together in SuperBatVsMan.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 07, 2014, 12:07:51 PM »
Supes vs Bats sounds like a hot mess where they aren't sure where they are going, but they need to get to Justice league as quickly as possible. Like a big bang, everything suddenly exist.

Avengers 2 is just starting to sound crowded, like they have allot to cover in 2.5hrs, but seeing as how they do cameos, post credit teases, short films, spin off tv shows and follow-up movies, I'm much more faithful that it will all come together in the end.

DCCU hasn't earned that trust yet as they still haven't decided if the Arrowverse is connected to the movies or not. At least not publicly, and the producers don't seem to want to wait around to find out, so they continue on as previously planned expanding Arrowverse as quickly as they can.
Marvel has demonstrated a clear vision and path and are working towards something
All DC had down is that they want something like what Marvel has done, they just aren't quite sure how to pull it off in as few strokes as possible yet.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 01:30:16 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 07, 2014, 01:03:21 PM »
Though to be honest Avengers stories in general will have random characters pop up, assist, and disappear in a manner you could miss their names.

Though we all know I like hitting the ground running and doing Origins later.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 07, 2014, 01:31:36 PM »
I know this would be too cost-prohibited to do (unless they went animated), but a series (likely Netflix-ish) that's something like "Marvel Cinematic Universe Origins" - each episode (which could be anywhere from 15 mins to two hours, since it'd be Netflix and wouldn't *have* to be structured) would focus on one character/group and tell his/her/their origin story.

This would allow the general audience to be more okay with the "random characters who pop up, assist and disappear."
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 07, 2014, 02:19:23 PM »
you mean for the characters that are obviously not going to get solo movies?

Like Nick Fury, Black Widow, Hawkeye, all the other SHIELD agents.
otherwise that sounds like some overlap.

Maybe a recap for Hulk, Capt. America, Ironman.

Asgardian Tales for Thor, Loki, Sif, Odin

I could see a few mini-series, but Marvel animation has it's own thing going on, being run by a completely different team, so I'm not sure how likely that is to happen.

Lots of people seem to be into this Hawkguy comic that follows Hawkeye during his day to day when not with SHIELD. It is supposedly quite humorous and involves something called "pizza dog". I could see a Netflix miniseries based on that. like 30-45 minute episodes released on netflix everytime another Marvel movie hits streaming or Marvel show series is up for streaming.
Netflix own version of the "One-Shot" released with each movie. They could kick it off with an actual "One-Shot" attached to the Cap 2 DVD (since Hawkeye is supposedly not present).
Jeremy Renner is desperately looking for more presence as Hawkeye, and I'm sure he would be down to reprise the role as often as possible at a fair price.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 02:21:43 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 07, 2014, 03:05:53 PM »
MCU Origins is a fantastic idea for a short animated series or they can do it like The Animatrix or Gotham Knights. 

I'm not up on Hawkeye in the comics but last time I checked wasn't he like a womanizing perv that was easily distracted by hips, lips and a pretty face(aren't we all)?

Also what I find interesting is how Marvel/Disney has made The Avengers more of a top tier group than the X-MEN. When I was a kid, nobody gave a damn about Cap n friends, save for maybe Hulk. And when they did care is when Spidey or some badass showed up to wreck shop. Eh, maybe just my circle and the fact that Xmen was the one cartoon   that all my uncles would watch without making an excuse.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 07, 2014, 03:27:48 PM »
The Avengers were no big thing in my comic days. I dont' think I own a single Avengers comic.

But I loved The Hulk, even if I didn't regularly read his comics.
Spidey & X-Men were the main series, especially Wolverine back in the day.

I couldn't have cared less for Cap, Thor, Ironman, Ant/Giantman(wasn't even sure who this was back then), or SHIELD. Marvel has done a wonderful job bringing all of that to the forefront and creating the new Marvel A-Team.
But it probably never would have happened if FOX and Sony didn't tie up and hold onto certain more popular franchises.

as far as Animated movies directly tied into the MCU, there is a Black Widow movie coming out, I don't think it's MCU (since I think Widow is voiced by Jennifer Carpenter), but MCU and Animation need to get on the same page here if something like this is going to happen.

I would love an Anthology movie running through the MCU as we know it so far.
or a bunch of animated movies covering events before, inbetween or during the movies, like back/side stories that go no screen time during the movies. such as Thanos recruiting of Loki, Loki taking over the throne in Thor 2, Captain America between Cap 1 & Cap 2 learning the ways of SHIELD & adjusting to the real world, Black Widow and Hawkeye on missions together before Avengers 1, Fury on his rise to Director of SHIELD, Tales of Asgard that show why Thor would prefer a Queen Amadala over Lady Sif, maybe something exploring the 9 realms, so that those that watch are already familiar with it by they time they cover it in Thor 3.
Lots of extra stuff that doesn't really affect the movies, but fills in gaps with history and substance.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 07, 2014, 04:03:33 PM »
I've got like the first 27 X-MEN comics, a bunch of various Spider-Man comics, some Punisher, Wolverine, Ghost Rider, Batman, one or two of the "new" Super Man (John Henry Irons), a few Iron Man, Avengers, Hulk, and a bunch of other various (including Ren & Stimpy and Married With Children [in 3D!]). I guess X-MEN and Spider-Man were my main reads though. I do also have an old Uncanny X-MEN vs Teen Titans (Marvel vs. DC crossover) from like 1980.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #234 on: February 07, 2014, 06:59:15 PM »
I think Marvel would do really well to flesh out their characters that way.  They could possibly tone down the production, letting them keep the costs low.  I don't think every origin story need oodles of CGI explosions and ****.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 07, 2014, 10:29:13 PM »
I've always liked Captain America.  I also have liked Ironman and Avengers quiet a bit.  They were more cohesive whole in a way and interesting.  Growing up I enjoyed X-Men but as it just kept growing it just felt like a cast of Millions and diluted the whole thing.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 08, 2014, 05:00:52 PM »
Which is one of the reasons why no More mutants happened and lasted around 10 years before we got some new mutants.

Anyway Xmen is moot seeing as Marvel has been pushing Inhumans as the replacment. Inhumans even allow them to be on Shield since people triggered by the mists go through a coocoon form.

Inttrsitingly enough the new Ms.Marvel is an Inhuman.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 09, 2014, 12:36:14 AM »
I finally Watched Thor 2 tonight, enjoyed it more than the first. Loki steals the show as usual.

Better yet, I picked up the second TPB for the Hawkeye reboot. Fraction is just a solid writer.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 10, 2014, 12:29:28 AM »

Am I the only one to have seen "All Hail The King"?
Or am I just the only one to comment on it?

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 10, 2014, 09:53:33 AM »
You know I thought Falcon had an actual trained Falcon that was part of his character.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #240 on: February 10, 2014, 12:34:08 PM »
Anthony Mackie asked for it, along with the spandex suit, but they wouldn't give it to him.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 10, 2014, 05:15:00 PM »
Guardian of the Galaxy trailer has been rated
http://www.albertafilmratings.ca/recentclasstrailers.aspx

which usually means that the trailer will be aired withing the next few weeks (1-3)
We all assumed the trailer, which is 2:23 long, would be attached to Cap America 2, but that doesn't come out till end of March(EUR)/early April(US) which is almost 2 months away.

So what when will we see the 1st official trailer for GotG?

pre-post edit:
A single promo pic of Lady Sif on the set of Agents of SHIELD
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Jaimie-Alexander-Thor-Agents-SHIELD-1077480.aspx

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 11, 2014, 09:19:12 AM »
If I'm reading the Disney release schedule right I'll bet it will be attached to Need for Speed.

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 11, 2014, 03:30:50 PM »
I wish they could collab with Fox and get Wolverine in the Avengers, seeing he was an avenger. Anyone know what resolution Thor 2 is on sony's store? I have $10 credit that would bring it down to $9.99. Would it be worth it? Or just wait for the blu ray,dvd 3d etc. combo pack?
Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 11, 2014, 03:42:38 PM »
If I'm reading the Disney release schedule right I'll bet it will be attached to Need for Speed.

That's a month from now though. from what I'm hearing, when the trailer is reviewed, it's usually because they are about to release it very soon, anywhere from a few days to 2 (maybe 3) weeks.
Some people that work at theaters say it's not coming this week, which means it won't be infront of Robocop, which releases tomorrow(?). I guess it could be infront of something like Pompeii or more likely Non-Stop, but is there a major event coming up in the next 2-3 weeks? a comicon, Pax or similar event?

Maybe it's on the Thor 2 DVD release?
edit: Wrestlemania is this weekend. It will probably be shown there since Bautista (Drax) is headlining Wrestlemania this year.

@ MysticG, I don't know the resolution, but I would assume it tells you on wherever you are buying it from.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 05:24:48 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 12, 2014, 07:25:09 PM »

« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 04:45:56 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 02:09:01 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 13, 2014, 07:14:23 AM »
Marvel. Stop. Just stop.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 13, 2014, 08:32:54 AM »
Marvel. Stop. Just stop.

We will only hit rock bottom when Sarah Jessica Parker is given a prominent role. Be glad for now.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #249 on: February 13, 2014, 08:36:24 AM »
Marvel. Stop. Just stop.

We will only hit rock bottom when Sarah Jessica Parker is given a prominent role. Be glad for now.
Is there a horse-faced Marvel super hero somewhere that exists out there? Maybe? Anyone? Bueller?
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!