Author Topic: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)  (Read 1163064 times)

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
Re: It's MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)
« Reply #175 on: January 19, 2014, 01:21:03 PM »
The cartoon intro video led me to this bad ass helmet video.

I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 19, 2014, 04:27:41 PM »
1966? My moms was a kid in 1966. I only know the song from "Ghostface Killah's  Supreme Cliental". Considered by some to be the best rap album of all time, who is also in the movie( the airplane scene). Jon Faveru loves hiphop.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 20, 2014, 10:42:37 AM »
Worst thing 3 was that it didn't have any sort of classic rock music in the movie.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 20, 2014, 01:25:07 PM »
3 as in IronMan 3, everything about that movie save for the trailer is the worst thing marvel has done…wait, not gonna rant on that now. I can't believe I like ATTACK OF THE CLONES more than IM3!

Soon my time machine will be completed and i shall right the wrongs of yesterday!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 20, 2014, 09:49:20 PM »
Chloe Bennet (Skye) from Agents of SHIELD is on Jimmy Kimmel Live tonite

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #180 on: January 21, 2014, 04:38:04 PM »
Paul Lee spoke at TCA regarding Agents of SHIELD, Agent Carter & the future of Marvel shows

http://collider.com/marvels-agents-of-shield-news-abc-paul-lee/
Question: Where are things at with Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.?
PAUL LEE: It was obviously disappointing that we started with a very high number and it came down. It took a little bit of time to find our sea legs, but now the show is really doing well. Creatively, we are loving what we’re seeing for the back nine. We’re doing a lot of work, and I’m really enjoying doing this with Marvel. We can announce that Lady Sif is coming in, in Episode 15. We’re shooting it now, and that’s going to be absolutely integral to that hour of television. And then, there’s going to be this really cool arc to the end of the season. You’re going to find out who the Clairvoyant is, and it’s going to be very, very cool.

Why do you think S.H.I.E.L.D. had so many issues, early on?
LEE: It did take us a little bit of time to find our sea legs. I think the key to us was really starting to work closely with the studios, and really figure out with our showrunners and all the creative brains, how we could have a show that didn’t have Iron Man in it, but did have an incredible amount of the Marvel universe and an incredible amount of the mythology that went through there. We also took a little bit of time to get the balance between a procedural and an arc. I’m so proud of how they’ve now arced out the last nine episodes. But, that’s something that many shows do, as they go through that.

What can you tell us about the possible Peggy Carter series?
LEE: In terms of Agent Carter, the script has come in. It’s a really good script, written by [Christopher] Markus and [Stephen] McFeely, who are great. Also, Tara [Butters] and Michele [Fazekas] are on that one. That certainly has a chance to be on the network. We’re looking for big, broad plays that we can plan on ABC, and really make great Marvel super-fan shows for Netflix. We think it’s a great balance, and the ABC Studios side of it are really enjoying it, as are Marvel.

Can you see bringing in Marvel characters who haven’t been referenced in the movie franchise, like She-Hulk?
LEE: I don’t want to jump the gun on the Marvel universe and the Marvel characters because I speak for ABC on this, but they’re certainly ambitious to enjoy both platforms. We’re thrilled to have Lady Sif coming on into S.H.I.E.L.D. I’ve read the script on that and I think it’s going to be great. I haven’t seen it because they’re shooting it now.

also an upcoming episode of AoS has Agent Coulson, Agent Sitwell & Agent Blake all together.
https://twitter.com/welliver_titus/status/425672773046784001
https://twitter.com/clarkgregg/status/425676919212740608/photo/1

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 23, 2014, 05:26:39 PM »
1st official trailer for Guardians of the Galaxy to air during the Superbowl
https://twitter.com/NikkiFinke/statuses/426037037544660992

I expect to see it upto 2 days before on the internet.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 23, 2014, 10:01:04 PM »
Agents of SHIELD news - Deathlok is coming
http://marvel.com/news/tv/2014/1/23/21812/deathlok_sets_his_sights_on_marvels_agents_of_shield.

Guess who it is. It's not as obvious as you think... it's more obvious than that

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 24, 2014, 12:37:53 AM »
I have way took many post in a row here, but more AoS news

Another established Marvel character will show up in a future episode this season
Lorelei, younger sister of the Asgardian known as The Enchantress will be the reason that Lady Sif finds her way to Midgard (Earth) in episode 15

Match that with Deathlok in episode 13 (Feb 4th)

And the eventual reveal of who, or at least what powers Skye has, why Coulson was resurrected, and what the clairvoyant is doing (& who it is), and this season had finally started to ramp up in MCU relevance.
The back 9 should be good.

Edit: movie release date update
Ant-Man had moved into the abandoned Batman vs Superman time slot of July 17th.
Was previously scheduled for 2 weeks later on July 31st
Makes me wonder if Marvel will try to squeeze a 3rd movie into 2015. Dr. Strange in late October/early November could be a good match.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 11:36:20 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #184 on: January 24, 2014, 07:41:12 PM »
You mean great match.

Also, here's a post to break your combo.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 25, 2014, 03:23:37 PM »
So will the AoS cast make cameos in the Marvel films (excluding Phil of course)? I'm guessing Cap will be the first to know Agent Coulson is still "alive" since he's active still and Active agent, and that's going to piss him off and thats when he … well you know

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 25, 2014, 07:07:56 PM »
You would think that a background appearance at the very least will be worked out at some point just to add subliminal advertising for the TV show, but who knows.

Coulson supposedly isn't gonna be revealed to be alive to the Avengers in Avengers 2, even though Lady Sif is on the show in a few weeks, so maybe it will be handled in a post credit scene?
You would assume that Hawk Eye and Black Widow already know even though Capt. America is still pretty in the dark about SHIELD and clearance levels. And after Lady Sif is on AoS, you would assume that it might come up in passing to Thor, but maybe not, because she probably wouldn't know that they all assumed he was dead since she never met him before (I don't think).

I guess it could come up in the new Capt. America movie, or maybe that's where the post credit scene will happen, and hopefully that's where the AoS/CA2:TWS tie in episode picks up with special guest appearance by Capt. America (that will boost ratings). But I think that would be the best place for it to take place is at the end of Cap2.

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 25, 2014, 10:52:24 PM »
I'm thinking Civil war but thats probably some Phase 4 stuff. Anyway Cap post credits scene has to tie in to Guardians I would think. Maybe not. Maybe Cap ties in with Ant-Man and skips GotG altogether.

I must say the overall way Marvel is handling these project is outstanding. Save for some hit&miss stuff and blowing the Thanos load way too soon I'm pretty happy with what they are doing. If only Fox Marvel and DC could follow.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 25, 2014, 11:52:19 PM »
Caps post Credits could lead into GotG, but usually the post credits have something to do with the movie, so unless something from Earth has something to do with the other side of the Galaxy, I would prefer they let it tie in with Agents of SHIELD and then let the trailers for GotG do their work.

Besides Thor 2 already tied into GotG with their post credits scene.
And AoS appears to be leading up to the same conflict as what's going to go down in Cap 2, so if that is what they are doing, then I think that would be yet another amazing feat that Marvel has pulled off and also explains why the show started out feeling so manufactured instead a project of passion. It was a means to an end with parallel storylines.

I'm setting myself up for disappointment aren't I?

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 26, 2014, 07:57:58 AM »

Yes, yes you are.

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 26, 2014, 08:58:19 AM »
http://thebentbullet.com

I do like when companies go the extra mile and produce quality farces to flesh out the story created. This is one of the best.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 27, 2014, 02:24:45 PM »
Caps post Credits could lead into GotG, but usually the post credits have something to do with the movie, so unless something from Earth has something to do with the other side of the Galaxy, I would prefer they let it tie in with Agents of SHIELD and then let the trailers for GotG do their work.

Besides Thor 2 already tied into GotG with their post credits scene.
And AoS appears to be leading up to the same conflict as what's going to go down in Cap 2, so if that is what they are doing, then I think that would be yet another amazing feat that Marvel has pulled off and also explains why the show started out feeling so manufactured instead a project of passion. It was a means to an end with parallel storylines.

Nope Their led into GotG and Cap2 will lead into AOU.

Deathlok coming to AOS is pretty awesome.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 27, 2014, 02:58:59 PM »
I know Cap 2 will ultimately lead in to Avengers 2, but it appears that AoS and Cap 2 have a trajectory that crosses paths at the end of The Winter Soldier, so a sort of nod to AoS during he post credits scene, or maybe Cap 2 will be like Thor 2 and have 2 post credit scenes, would be a perfect way of boosting rating for the season finale of the show which, if you think about it, will be deep into (or completed) season 2 by the time that Avengers 2 comes to Theaters.

If Marvel really wanted to use AoS as the bridge series between the movies and TV, then constant crossing of the streams needs to happen. Dropping the continuation of the Cap 2 story onto the team of AoS to carry that ball into next season where they should be deep in season 2, nearing season 2 finale even, which could be a direct setup for Avengers 2 just sounds like a plausible way to write AoS solidly into the MCU continuation of things and make the show not only relevant, but necessary for anyone looking for all the details. The movies should of course stand on it's own, but a lot of development leading up to the movies can be had on TV.

I really wish I could peak into the future (so I could write down all the lotto numbers the draw just before someone won it and print out a sheet of stock activities) and see how this all comes together in the end. With Disney behind them, then have all the resources they need to create a universe like has never been attempted before spanning from the Movie screen to the TV screen and even short films released on the DVD's all leading up to a major event. At this pace, I wouldn't be surprised if The Avengers 3 was a 2 part movie, as they will have a lot of characters to fit into it, and everyone is gonna need a little screen time to flesh out their role in the upcoming events.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 28, 2014, 05:44:29 PM »
It appears that Marvel is so impressed with Captain America 2, that they have already got the Russo Bros. on the hook for Capt. America 3
http://variety.com/2014/film/news/anthony-joe-russo-captain-america-3-1201073078/

of depending on how Cap 2 does at the theater. But if the movie is anywhere near as exciting as the trailer makes it out to be, I bet it will do Thor 2 like numbers at least, which would be an even better gain on the 1st movie than Thor 2 was to Thor 1.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 29, 2014, 02:50:27 PM »
RUMOR: Marvels phase 4 to kick off with The New Avengers
http://www.unleashthefanboy.com/movies/marvel-phase-4-new-avengers-movie/87938
“It’s so incredibly early in the process, but unless Robert [Downey Jr.] makes an insane deal with these guys, they’re going with New Avengers.”
Well, you’ve heard the recent casting announcements. They’ve got a ton of great guys. Paul Rudd. Michael Douglas. Aaron Taylor-Johnson. Whoever they choose for Doctor Strange and the other new guys in Phase 3. They’ve got a lot of great guys to lead the new phase of the team. But that’s all I say.  It’s really early.

I don't know how legit that is, but it makes sense.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #195 on: January 29, 2014, 02:58:03 PM »
Avengers 2 casting and character news
http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/14894/20140128/actress-kim-soo-hyun-may-star-in-the-new-avengers-film.htm
If Kim Soo Hyun is cast, she will play a doctor who assists Tony Stark/Iron Man, played by Robert Downey Jr. Previous reports said that she would play a villain but now it is known that she will only start out working for Ultron, played by James Spader, then will shift her allegiance to good guy Tony Stark. She and Iron Man may get caught up in a romance.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 29, 2014, 03:43:15 PM »
I know Cap 2 will ultimately lead in to Avengers 2, but it appears that AoS and Cap 2 have a trajectory that crosses paths at the end of The Winter Soldier, so a sort of nod to AoS during he post credits scene, or maybe Cap 2 will be like Thor 2 and have 2 post scenes, would be a perfect way of boosting rating for the season finale of the show which, if you think about it, will be deep into (or completed) season 2 by the time that Avengers 2 comes to Theaters.

It mostly depends on how they plan to do it. Remember only one of the Thor 2 scene's really had any impact on the overall storyline. Plus the first Cap film had two endings both tieing into The Avengers.  Marvel (and DC with their efforts for that matter) have the advantge that the Universe is still pretty small and early.

While its needed you don't want the TV series to be too beholdn to the films as well.

To get back to the Cap point just based on what I know of the Winter Solider comic, and the feel of the fallout from Avengers and what I've seen of shield thus far, i'm guessing this is going to have a big change for the show.

My thoughts is that by the end of the first season team Coulson will be Away from shield and working as the MCU version of the secret Warriors.

The show needs to also become more of a Drama and focus on more than the core cast like bigger ensamble shows like BSG tend to do.

I am expecting to see the AOS as well as the netflix heroes show up in AOU, and I think were going to see an episodie of AOS next season tie in with GOTG.

If Marvel really wanted to use AoS as the bridge series between the movies and TV, then constant crossing of the streams needs to happen. Dropping the continuation of the Cap 2 story onto the team of AoS to carry that ball into next season where they should be deep in season 2, nearing season 2 finale even, which could be a direct setup for Avengers 2 just sounds like a plausible way to write AoS solidly into the MCU continuation of things and make the show not only relevant, but necessary for anyone looking for all the details. The movies should of course stand on it's own, but a lot of development leading up to the movies can be had on TV.

Its hard to do a crossing of streams when a TV apperance usually counts towards one of an Actor's contractual apperance. (Trust me Marvel is kicking themselves that they wated RDJ on the Incredible Hulk). Were probably going to start to see more side charcters introduced into Agents of Shield.   

I really wish I could peak into the future (so I could write down all the lotto numbers the draw just before someone won it and print out a sheet of stock activities) and see how this all comes together in the end. With Disney behind them, then have all the resources they need to create a universe like has never been attempted before spanning from the Movie screen to the TV screen and even short films released on the DVD's all leading up to a major event. At this pace, I wouldn't be surprised if The Avengers 3 was a 2 part movie, as they will have a lot of characters to fit into it, and everyone is gonna need a little screen time to flesh out their role in the upcoming events.

I feel you man, the best you can do is look at the comics right now and speculate.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 29, 2014, 04:24:14 PM »
My thoughts is that by the end of the first season team Coulson will be Away from shield and working as the MCU version of the secret Warriors.

I'm not familiar with them, my involvement with the comics ended 20 years ago and never spanned too far away from X-men & Spiderman comics with any regularity.

I am expecting to see the AOS as well as the netflix heroes show up in AOU, and I think were going to see an episodie of AOS next season tie in with GOTG.

That might happen, but AoS will be on break during the release of GotG, unless they do a special 2hour episode in the off season (I don't see that happening, and the fact that Feige said that GotG takes place on the other side of the Galaxy, which means it's ties to earth, and SHIELD should probably be almost non-existent, unless something happens at the end of the movie that would bring them here) which I really don't see happening, as it would also interrupt with whatever happens between s1 finale and s2 premiere.

Its hard to do a crossing of streams when a TV apperance usually counts towards one of an Actor's contractual apperance. (Trust me Marvel is kicking themselves that they wated RDJ on the Incredible Hulk). Were probably going to start to see more side charcters introduced into Agents of Shield.

Yeah... see the story about New Avengers Phase 4 up above.
It's also a reason I've asked before it it's possible that Marvel starts new contracts with separate Movie and TV appearances in the contracts, now that they also have Agents of SHIELD, which is sorely missing appearances from big characters such as Stark, Banner, Rogers, Thor, Widow, Fury, Hawkeye, etc etc.
It seems at this point they are negotiating TV appearances as they arise and some of the more major characters command too much of a paycheck per appearance, so it would be nice to work some TV appearances into the contract separately.

I'm sure the Defenders wouldn't be much of an issue as they are already on seasonal TV contracts, I'm sure they would be more than happy to cross-pollinate other TV series to get a shot at becoming popular enough to join the movies, and/or just keep their own series going.

I know AoS is slowing addressing problems with guest appearances, because they wanted to initially "stand on their own", but we are past that now, it's time to bring out some big guns and infuse the TV show with some of the charm and grandeur of the movies (or atleast the style of the One-Shots). I know Lady Sif is coming, and rapid expansion is about to take place Lorelei - sister of The Enchantress, DeathLok, Graviton, Blizzard, whoever Skye and The Clairvoyant are, but we need an appearance from Steve Rogers (Black Widow & Hawkeye) assisting in the field, Stark and/or Banner assisting in the Lab and Thor consulting on "magic" or Loki causing some mischief.

and speaking of Loki, and how Loki secretly wants to be Thor...
He actually tried to be.
http://io9.com/behold-tom-hiddlestons-shirtless-audition-for-the-role-1511013061 (of Thor)

(From the Thor 2 DVD due out Feb. 25th)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 05:10:20 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 29, 2014, 05:05:48 PM »
None of that is on the Table after what Marvel went trhought with getting RDJ to come back for two more films. Its one of the reasons why i'm guessing DC decided to make a Flash Television show instead of announcing a film like was rumored before last year's comic con.

At the end of a storyline called secert war that started in 2004, Nick Fury was removed as head of Shield and went underground letting Maria Hill and than Iron Man take over for a bit. He stayed active during the Civil War storyline giving Captain America and his resistance shield safe houses to use that only Fury knows the location of.

While in hiding Fury finds out that the earth has been secretly invaded by skurlls in all aspects of life. (The Government, Shield,  Heroes) and creates a team to invetage and deal with these things eventually defending time sqare from a Skrull attack.

Its reasonable that it could be the hook for season 2 and would be a way to add Maria Hill into the cast since HIMYM is ending. Have most of Team Coulson on the run, while A second team is still workinf for shield undercover. The World Council already dislikes fury to some extent, and we see in the trailer for Winter Solider that post New York shield has been arming up.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 29, 2014, 10:58:42 PM »
Thor 2 writers returning for Thor 3
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=93650#LuJgs0MOw3u7I48g.99
With production on The Avengers sequel and Ant-Man gearing up for this summer, Marvel Studios is actively mapping out the next installments to "Phase Three" of the shared cinematic universe. Following yesterday's big news that Captain America 3 will get a familiar pair of directors, now comes official word that a familiar pair of writers have been tapped for another Thor sequel.

Frequent Marvel Comics writers Craig Kyle and Christopher Yost, who served as an executive producer and a co-writer on last year's Thor: The Dark World, respectively, will pen the screenplay for Chris Hemworth's third solo outing as the God of Thunder. “I am proud of Craig and have enjoyed working with him over these past years,” stated Kevin Feige. “His creative instincts have helped shape Thor and Thor: The Dark World at every level of the filmmaking process. The entire team at Marvel is very happy to continue collaborating with Craig as he continues as a screenwriter working with Christopher on the forthcoming chapter of Thor’s adventure.”

they are also responsible for Earth Mightiest Heroes before it was **** canned by Loeb to make way for Avengers Assemble (or whatever it is/was called) along with monthly comics.

I guess that confirms 2 more Phase 3 movies for a total of 3 so far.

Ant-Man: In Ya Pants
Captain America 3: **** Yeah
Thor 3: Hammer Harder

Dr. Strange is rumored/hinted/speculated
Black Panther has been hinted/speculated
Ms./Capt. Marvel has been hinted/rumored/speculated

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is expected

That's a lot on the plate so far for Marvel.