Author Topic: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)  (Read 1163336 times)

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Re: It's MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)
« Reply #100 on: January 02, 2014, 09:01:20 AM »
Howard the Duck is a real thing? (I mean other than a cheesy 80's movie staring my childhood baby mama) I did not know that ?!?!

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 02, 2014, 03:58:17 PM »
My interest in Guardians of the Galaxy went from day one I'm there to I'll wait for reviews but probably will never see it.  I am tired of Origin stories.  Why couldn't they just start out as the Guardians of the Galaxy.  Go back to it in a second movie.  You know shake it up a little.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 02, 2014, 05:33:42 PM »
It's not so much an origin story of how all those people came to be super, but more how the group became a group. It sounds like a Space Heist Buddy Cop movie involving ridiculous alien species with direct tie-in's to the current MCU (an "Infinity Gem" & Thanos) done by James Gunn with a seemingly good cast.
I'm sure the reviews will be great and I will be there sometime during opening weekend for sure.

Hopefully there are another handful of good movies out at the same time.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 02, 2014, 05:41:00 PM »
Details of the Thor 2 DVD release and the One-Shot it will contain
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/01/02/thor-dark-world-blu-ray-to-include-all-hail-the-king-short-film-and-several-deleted-scenes/

"All Hail The King" is this the one shot that stars Ben Kingsley/"Fake Mandarin" or will this be something relating to the end of Thor 2?

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 03, 2014, 12:29:44 AM »
I really hated IM3. Like hated so much. I normally don't scrutinize movies too much, hell I loved movies that most people despise, (all three prequels) but IRONMAN 3 is by far the worst of the current marvel movies by a fair margin in my book. I say this because every time I read about The Mandarin, it reminds me of how Marvel wasted Ben Kingsley in that movie. TWIST? MY ASS it was a twist. I'm not sure how everyone else feels about it I just grrr….

HOW COME HOLLYWOOD CAn'T GET THE 3RD MOVIE OF A TRILOGY RIGHT? LIKE HOW COME?

Ironman 3
Spider-man 3
x-men 3
matrix 3
Godfather 3
Terminator 3
Superman 3

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 03, 2014, 12:53:38 AM »
Yeah Iron Man 3 was horrible.

To be fair Matrix 2 was also terrible. They never should have made a sequel, and obviously had no plans to with the first one.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 03, 2014, 02:34:57 AM »

Ironman 3
Spider-man 3
x-men 3
matrix 3
Godfather 3
Terminator 3
Superman 3

Return of the King. Star Wars. Back to the Future. Toy Story. Disagree about Godfather III. Bourne Ultimatum. Indiana Jones 3. Mission Impossible. Rocky.

Your move. Hollywood makes just as many bad 3's as good ones.

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 03, 2014, 03:26:38 AM »
Good move.
My retort: Godfather III is the worst sequel of all time considering it's predecessor. Rocky, Bourne and MI are not trilogies nor is the 3rd film in those movies (save for Bourne) meant to bring closure to the story. As Toy Story and ROTK, well you got me there. I can't argue those since one of the best lines ever is in Return of the King and it's one of the best films I've ever seen.

I stopped counting Star Wars as a trilogy 17 years ago when the prequels were announced. (Dear God  has it been that long?)

Back to the Future and Indy are solid too.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 03, 2014, 09:05:02 AM »
I disagree about Toy Story 3. It's just as good as Toy Story and Toy Story 2, but that's only because they are all the exact same movie.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 03, 2014, 10:24:28 AM »
It's not so much an origin story of how all those people came to be super, but more how the group became a group. It sounds like a Space Heist Buddy Cop movie involving ridiculous alien species with direct tie-in's to the current MCU (an "Infinity Gem" & Thanos) done by James Gunn with a seemingly good cast.
I'm sure the reviews will be great and I will be there sometime during opening weekend for sure.

Hopefully there are another handful of good movies out at the same time.
Their not selling the individuals, which by my understanding don't really have a solo career to start with much like the Fantastic Four.  The group is the main character and its the groups origin.  Part of the reason I like Hellboy as much as I do is that they don't really bother with how they gang got together except through dialog between characters and the like.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 03, 2014, 10:27:20 AM »

Ironman 3
Spider-man 3
x-men 3
matrix 3
Godfather 3
Terminator 3
Superman 3

Return of the King. Star Wars. Back to the Future. Toy Story. Disagree about Godfather III. Bourne Ultimatum. Indiana Jones 3. Mission Impossible. Rocky.

Your move. Hollywood makes just as many bad 3's as good ones.
Hey, Indiana Jones 3 was a lot better than the Indiana Jones that does not exists.

Matrix should never got a Sequel or stole the special FX price from Episode 1.

Ironman 3 also portrayed Tennessee totally different then it actually is.

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 03, 2014, 12:11:02 PM »
I forgot The Dark Knight Rises:

Which brings me back to an earlier point about DC trying to hard to catch up to Marvel in the Movies. While flawed, I liked Man of Steel on a 2nd watching but I can't see how Christopher Nolan is going to fit all these new characters into MoS 2. Unless its going to be a two-part sequel. Marvel had 10 years to set-up phase one.  Furthermore, to abandon the already well established Dark Knight Universe is a questionable more at best for me. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 03, 2014, 12:37:32 PM »
My interest in Guardians of the Galaxy went from day one I'm there to I'll wait for reviews but probably will never see it.  I am tired of Origin stories.  Why couldn't they just start out as the Guardians of the Galaxy.  Go back to it in a second movie.  You know shake it up a little.

Because people like Origin stories for some reason, its a reason why Batman Zero Year is being praised, despite Year One being the perfect super Hero origin.

Anywho its likely knowing some of the character's that the Guardian's of the Galaxy are already a known entiity in the galaxy since in the comics the line up for the film wasn't the first in the series.

Were probably going to see a transtion where the team starts off as outlaws

to the rag tag team of rebels

Than at the end they're the Guardian's of the Galaxy
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 03, 2014, 12:42:14 PM »
I forgot The Dark Knight Rises:

Which brings me back to an earlier point about DC trying to hard to catch up to Marvel in the Movies. While flawed, I liked Man of Steel on a 2nd watching but I can't see how Christopher Nolan is going to fit all these new characters into MoS 2. Unless its going to be a two-part sequel. Marvel had 10 years to set-up phase one.  Furthermore, to abandon the already well established Dark Knight Universe is a questionable more at best for me. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

You don't need more than one film to establish a universe, while its one way to do it to assume you need five films to universe build is insulting to your target audience. Marvel had to do it this way because their charcters weren't that well known

I remember getting the Spider-man esstentials collection as a kid and read stories where Spider-man met the Fantastic Four. I didn't know who these guys where but it didn't change the fact that Peter Existed in this universe in which he wasn't the center of. [size=78%] [/size]

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 03, 2014, 01:07:54 PM »
You *don't* need five films to set up a universe.  But you can't just throw a dozen assorted superheroes and villains together in a blender and pray for the best (see, Batman & Robin, Spider-Man 3).  Were those examples of how you can' t throw so many established characters into a movie ever, or examples of how Hollywood just can't handle it?  Who knows...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 03, 2014, 01:11:25 PM »
I agree that each character doesn't need a movie first but MOS 2 reportedly has Wonder Woman, Batman / Superman and now Denzel is possibly Hal Jordan. Hal jordan ain't Jimmy Olsen, I care about where he comes from and his origins in relation to this "new" world.

I would also debate the idea that the 5 Avengers are less known than the Justice League but, I'll leave that for another castle.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 04, 2014, 12:06:07 PM »
Thor: The Dark World Hammers Home A Packed Blu-ray Set This February

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Thor-Dark-World-Hammers-Home-Packed-Blu-ray-Set-February-40928.html

Thor: The Dark World Blu-ray Bonus Features Never-Before-Seen Extended and Deleted Scenes with Optional Commentary

• Gag Reel
  • A Brother’s Journey: Thor & Loki
  • Feature Commentary with Alan Taylor, Tom Hiddleston, Marvel’s Kevin Feige and cinematographer Kramer Morgenthau
  • Scoring Marvel’s Thor: The Dark World with Brian Tyler
  • Exclusive Look at Marvel’s Captain America: The Winter Soldier
  • Marvel One-Shot: All Hail the King

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 04, 2014, 04:13:59 PM »
Agents of SHIELD returning Tuesday, Jan 7th with an episode called "The Magical Place"

“The Magical Place” -- Coulson uncovers vital information about the mystery of his death, but, with Centipede out for blood, this knowledge may come at the cost of one of the team on MARVEL’S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D., TUESDAY, JANUARY 7 (8:00-9:01 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

Lots of Pics and a synopsis for the following episode "Seeds" can also be found here:
http://www.cinemablend.com/television/agents-h-i-e-l-photos-tease-magical-place-seeds-61347.html

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 05, 2014, 03:29:31 PM »
Is this when the show actually gets good?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 05, 2014, 03:41:47 PM »
Tahiti should be out of the way.... hopefully, and the following episode after that (Seeds) will hopefully move us past or at least forward in the "who is Skye!?" mystery.

So I hope this is where the show makes a fundamental shift in pace and action choreography, 2 areas that were hurting it badly.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: January 05, 2014, 06:16:49 PM »
I hear Tahti is a magical Place.

I hope shield gets better since its a concept that I love but the execution thud far has left a lot to be desired.

The Sharon Carter series is supposed to start shooting soon for viewing later this year. Seems okay but ABC's previous period shows ended up bombing and this one seems to have pull room than shield does.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 06, 2014, 12:11:39 PM »
Marvel cleared for filming in Africa.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=92469

Does this mean we go to Wakanda? Meet T'Chaka, T'Challa or even the Black Panther himself?

Speculative theory: Ultron looking for that Vibranium upgrade brings the war to Wakanda where the Avengers follow. Death, chaos, destruction..... T'Chaka falls in combat saving an Avenger from a death blow delivered by Ultron.
T'Challa is set to take over as king of Wakanda, Nick Fury offers him a spot on the Avengers just as was previously offered (a position in SHIELD) but declined by his father many many years ago. The offer is neither accepted nor declined as pressing Wakanda business and tradition for inducting a new King from the line of heirs takes precedence to all other affairs.

Post credits scene can be T'Challa being notified that he's receiving an encrypted call from Nick Fury right after his crowning ceremony has concluded so he enters the private control room chamber behind the throne, where Fury debriefs him, reminds of the earlier offer and warns him of a threat in the area. T'Challa acknowledges and ends the call, then we see him accepting the mantle of The Black Panther. Credits roll.

This leads to the Black Panther solo movie and eventual inclusion in Avengers 3.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 02:35:05 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 06, 2014, 05:20:53 PM »
Is this when the show actually gets good?

I thought SHIELD was already a good show. Flawed to be sure but still. Although, I don't watch any tv for adults more than an hour and a half a week so maybe I've forgotten what good tv is. When's 24 coming back?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 07, 2014, 12:07:47 PM »
http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2014/01/agents-of-shield-clark-gregg-promises-the-magical-place-will-satisfy-fans.html
Like fans of the show, star Clark Gregg had to wait for months to finally discover what brought Coulson back from the dead. From "Agents of SHIELD's" pilot on, it's been clear that there was a dark mystery surrounding the character's returned life, and its resolution is one Gregg says fans will find "satisfying."

"People have been patient in really wanting to know the true nature of the secrets. ... We're going to get a big fat window at the real truth, and it's going to be very, very surprising," Gregg tells Zap2it. "When I read the sequence, I just stopped and put the script down and went 'Wow. That was worth waiting for.'"

Gregg explains that the secret of Coulson's death will have clear repercussions through the second half of Season 1. "The way our team has kind of turned the back half of this season into a reveal that uses the mystery of Coulson's death not just as a standalone reveal but as an integral part of the bigger reveal, which is that this organization Centipede, run by this person the Clairvoyant, has been part of almost everything we've done and connects on a deep level to everything going forward. [Centipede] is determined to destroy SHIELD and, to Coulson's chagrin, has some of the same questions about SHIELD that Coulson himself is starting to evolve," Gregg explains.

The slow-in-coming answer to Coulson's mystery has caused some frustration for fans, and Gregg admits that "it's time, d*** it" to reveal the truth about Coulson. From "The Magical Place" on, he says that "Agents of SHIELD" will pick up the pace through the end of Season 1.

"The fact that they've already managed to kind of make the reveal of what Coulson's doing alive [be] the one thing that the Clairvoyant wants is just part of the way the back half of this season is going to be -- more exciting and more satisfying than the first half of this season, where so much work had to be done to kind of set up this world of these people and this team, and all these separate pieces get kind of woven together," he says.

Let's hope they do up the pace, hope they also fix the action.