Author Topic: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)  (Read 1162542 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: It's MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)
« Reply #75 on: December 20, 2013, 02:49:29 PM »
I went and looked at various pictures before coming to that conclusion.  She's just too... Bony looking most of the time.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 20, 2013, 04:16:00 PM »
She is bony looking?

This is your Janet Van Dyne

She is not "Bony"

and it's not like she is trying out for Wonder Woman.
It's not that physical of a role. She needs to be smart, sassy and sexy, and Rashida fits all of that criteria with little to no effort.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 11:07:26 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 20, 2013, 04:20:13 PM »
She has a lot of Horrible pictures out there.  Those two are good.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 20, 2013, 04:28:47 PM »
This is The Wasp from EMH:

And with Rashida it will likely get mixed a little with this look for The Wasp

She'll look hot in the role. Don't worry. Their chemistry and banter will sell you on the 2 anyway.
They will nail the roles and the movie will be good.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 21, 2013, 04:08:11 AM »
Wasp is a boring as **** character who didn't interest until the EMH version of the character. As much as I want to see her and hulk buddy up that won't happen seeing as they made Hawkguy lame as hell in the MCU,

Even taking out the fact that his greatest claim to fame is beating his wife Hank Pym is still as much more intresting character and he's probably going to be pushed as the new face of the MCU with Iron Man gone. Plus without the the FF he's going to be the MCU's resident super scientist.

I'm still pretty pissed that they're taking away his building Ultron. i just hope they go with the recent potryal of a somewhat aroggant ice guy who always gets overlooked or demoted compared to his peers.

Ultron as character and plot device works mainly because not only does Hank feel bad about creating a killer robot son, but it works as a cauntionary tale of what happens when you let smucks like Starkm and Reed let thier sience **** go unchecked.

Case in point
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 21, 2013, 12:02:57 PM »
I don't think its a spoiler to be honest, but I might just be saying that from the perspective of someone who knows alot abot comics. Especially when the character's name is in the link or its a pretty Major charcter in the Marvel Universe.

The only expection i'm a bit iffy on is The Winter Solider. On one hand there's a big spoiler that goes with the film, but on the other hand unlike other Marvel films its pretty much a straight adaption of the books.

Age of Ultron has a lot riding on it and so far the cast seems to be growing a tad too big for my liking. I hope they go for a three hour movie if this is the case.

So far we have

The Avengers team
Maria Hill
Nick Fury
Iron Patriot (bleh)
Scarlet Witch
Quicksilver
Ultron
Obvious cameos by the Agents of Shield
Obvious Cameos by street level Marvel

Finished watching Agents of Shield and it just feels so souless comapred to sleepy hollow and Arrow.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 21, 2013, 10:11:13 PM »
We already knew this, but now it's 100% Official.

Vin Diesel is Groot

Vin Diesel is Groot!

The star of the Fast and the Furious and Riddick franchises will lend his voice to Groot in Marvel's live-action "Guardians of the Galaxy," rounding out the team that includes Star-Lord (Chris Pratt), Rocket Raccoon (Bradley Cooper), Gamora (Zoe Saldana) and Drax (Dave Bautista).

Featured in four of the six movies in the fan-favorite “Fast & Furious” franchise, Diesel has helped the series gross over $2 billion at the box office; and will reprise his role in “Fast & Furious 7.” Diesel’s most recent film, “Riddick,” the third film in the franchise that has so far earned a cumulative $267.3 million across the globe, debuted this year at the top of the box office. In addition to lending his voice to several video games, Diesel’s received great acclaim for his voice work in the celebrated animated film “The Iron Giant,” directed by Brad Bird.

In the far reaches of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, an unlikely cast of characters including Peter Quill, Gamora, Drax, Groot and Rocket Raccoon must join forces to defeat a cosmic force of epic proportions. Directed by James Gunn, the live-action "Guardians of the Galaxy" will take fans to new corners of the Marvel Universe when it hits theaters August 1, 2014, but in the meantime stay tuned to Marvel.com for the latest news as it breaks, including official casting, first looks and more!

In addition to "Guardians of the Galaxy," Marvel Studios will release a slate of films based on the Marvel characters including "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" on April 4, 2014; "Avengers: Age of Ultron" on May 1, 2015; and "Ant-Man" on July 31, 2015.

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/movies_tv/2013/12/21/21680/official_vin_diesel_to_voice_groot_in_marvels_guardians_of_the_galaxy#ixzz2oAZN2QCo

“Vin Diesel is a super awesome dude, I can't tell you how much I like this guy,” commented James Gunn via Facebook. “I hope this [photo] puts to rest all the silly Thanos-Vin stuff which people just seemed to make up out of nothing.” The director adds that Diesel was never announced initially: “He said he wanted to do it and we said we were talking to him. Everything else was people guessing and thinking they knew what was going to happen” After confirming that recording sessions for Groot have already begun, Gunn also made note about the Groot bust featured beside Vin Diesel in the photo: “This was the bust we used for reference when shooting. It has changed slightly from this since we started animating him.”
Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=91922#p9z72DSLmgLzePqD.99

and incase you didn't know, Bradley Cooper is Rocket Raccoon.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 10:12:50 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 21, 2013, 10:20:56 PM »
Pretty sure Vin was picked becuase Groot is pretty much the character he played in the Iron Giant.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 22, 2013, 02:43:01 PM »
Thor 2 Crosses the $200M mark domestically
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=main&id=thor2.htm

Domestic: $200,766,000
Foreign: $426,300,000

It's tracking less than $40M behind MoS.

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 22, 2013, 08:20:06 PM »
Rashida Jones with a pixie hair cut is  about as perfect as casting can be for wasp. I just hope they don't over do it with the MCU. Although I haven't got tired of reading comic books yet.

Also here's to hoping Apocalypse is as badass as he is on the 90's fox kids Xmen show.

"gaze upon me and tremble, for I bring the purity of oblivion to your world"

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 22, 2013, 08:21:36 PM »
^^ I know he's FOX but still.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 22, 2013, 08:47:13 PM »
I have no expectations for Apocalypse or anything X-men outside of it being Wolverine centric.

I hope DoFP is at least good and I hope Apocolypse is as good or better.
I hope X-Force gets off the ground and Deadpool gets made (R rated starring RR w/ leaked script or bust). But I have absolutely no expectations for quality on those series.

X3 & Origins have left a still bitter taste in my mouth and even Wolverine (most recent move) hasn't been able to begin washing that out.

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 22, 2013, 10:22:51 PM »
X3? origins? Never heard of these before. But that's ok, I never heard of Godfather 3 or Spiderman 3.  Even though Ryan Renolds would have been "PERFECT" for deadpool, I kinda hope they keep him as GL, its not his fault that movie was that bad. Also I hate when people play 2 different heroes. There is no need to recast him just make the script better.

The biggest problem with the X-men franchise is Superman Returns. (editors note: I love that movie) If not for Bryan's exit from the series, the problems that appear would not now have to be "retooled" via DOFP. As for Apocalypse, he is most definitely FOX's answer to Thanos. what I can't understand is why they would reveal something so big so early? He's clearly the after credits teaser of DOFP. Hollywood needs me so bad!

Didn't know there was an X force movie in the works. Doesn't that mean Cable? Messiah Complex? My dream, so satin.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 22, 2013, 10:39:57 PM »
From the new movies to keep an eye on thread.
Did you know that Fox was also working on the script for a X-Force movie too?
http://screenrant.com/x-force-movie-interview-jeff-wadlow-characters-story-deadpool/

I can't remember if it was mentioned already, but here it is again.
Also seems like the Deadpool movie is still alive, just moving forward at a pace so slow, that it appears to be at a stand still.

I believe the link in that quote discusses both topics in the quote. X-FOrce & Deadpool. RR is still pushing for it to happen.
And i think it is in DC's best interest to pretend that GL didn't happen, or just fast forward with John Stewart GL for now. When/If they do a solo GL movie later, RR can do a cameo as Hal Jordan, and we can all look back and laugh.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #90 on: December 22, 2013, 10:55:29 PM »
I am curious about Marvel 2014.  I think that year will be a harder year for Marvel, because the properties are not as big.

I am curious about what DC is doing with Superman 2.  I don't think it is just Superman vs. Batman.  I think that story is the ground work, but they are full blown universe building in this next movie.  And what is interesting...it seems they may not be worried about origins of these "cameo" hero appearances.  Perhaps they will just be there, and then if/when they get their own movie you will see origins.  Actually, I rather like that idea. 

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 23, 2013, 05:12:53 AM »
I think Guardians of the Galaxy will get a HUGE marketing budget considering Marvel needs it to be a success since it's the kick off to Cosmic Marvel and indirectly leads into Avengers 2.

As far as what DC is doing with MoS2, you certainly haven't been paying attention to news surrounding this film. (See the new movies/tv shows thread) But it seems to be shaping up to be Justice League lite, and yes, taking the complete opposite approach to Avengers in the process. Climax early, branch and build after. We shall see how that approach works against the long build up that had a huge payoff.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 08:41:41 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 23, 2013, 08:52:04 AM »
Not to dwell on DC too much in a Marvel thread, but I really wish Warner Bros. would slow down with a follow-up to Man of Steel. I would have liked Superman to get his "The Dark Knight" where he's Superman from the beginning and not bogged down with telling an origin story. Jumping so quickly into introducing 37 different DC heroes could hurt the entire film. Granted, we don't know how they're handling it, but it seems like every major character cast thus far will play a major role in the upcoming film, rather than a Haweye-esque cameo (Thor) or Black Widow-esque supporting role (Iron Man 2). Marvel spent years planting the seeds for The Avengers which is major reason it worked. If they really want to do it this way, I'd rather see them should shoot Man of Steel 2 and 3 back to back and slowly introduce the characters that way, but at least Man of Steel 2 should primarily be a Superman movie. It'll likely make money either way so they could slap together the whole thing. I'd rather they slow it down. I think back to the DCAU. I don't think Justice League Unlimited would have worked without at least Justice League before it.

Anyway, I like Rashida Jones and I think she would make a fine Wasp. I'm a fan of Paul Rudd as well, but I'm still not terribly fond of the Ant-Man character. Marvel is also kind of doing the character a great disservice by taking the creation of Ultron away from Hank Pym/Ant-Man. We'll see, but right now, I have no expectations, good or bad, for this film. I like the director and the casting so far; I'm just indifferent to the character and what is known so far doesn't do anything to change that.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 31, 2013, 08:24:55 PM »
First OFFICIAL Look at the crew from Guardians of the Galaxy

<click pic for larger version>
From Marvel, the studio that brought you the global blockbuster franchises of Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and The Avengers, comes a new team — the Guardians of the Galaxy. An action-packed, epic space adventure, Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy expands the Marvel Cinematic Universe into the cosmos, where brash adventurer Peter Quill finds himself the object of an unrelenting bounty hunt after stealing a mysterious orb coveted by Ronan, a powerful villain with ambitions that threaten the entire universe. To evade the ever-persistent Ronan, Quill is forced into an uneasy truce with a quartet of disparate misfits — Rocket, a gun-toting raccoon; Groot, a tree-like humanoid; the deadly and enigmatic Gamora; and the revenge-driven Drax the Destroyer. But when Peter discovers the true power of the orb and the menace it poses to the cosmos, he must do his best to rally his ragtag rivals for a last, desperate stand — with the galaxy’s fate in the balance. Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy stars Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Bradley Cooper as the voice of Rocket, Vin Diesel as the voice of Groot, Lee Pace, Michael Rooker, Karen Gilian, Djimon Hounsou with John C. Reilly, Glenn Close as Commander Rael and Benicio del Toro as The Collector.

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 01, 2014, 12:59:28 PM »
I know nothing of the GotG, and since this will be the first comic book movie I see that I have little to no knowledge of that universe, I'm looking forward to it more than the other movies this year.

(I thought Rihanna was playing She hulk)

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 01, 2014, 03:14:56 PM »

This is probably the biggest gamble marvel will take because if it bombs than man that's going to change dramatically what Phase 3 looks like. If it's a success than were going to see more niche comic properites being brought up. The hook of the movie will be intresting to see how quickly the team goes from Rag Tag group of people to the Cosmic Avengers.

The closet thing to Guradians would probably be Firefly.

Either way i'm ready for some Gamora and Rocket Raccon being rad as hell.

This also has the potential for the most costume chagnes in a marvel film thus far.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 01, 2014, 08:41:26 PM »
Who owns the Howard the Duck license?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 01, 2014, 11:32:29 PM »
Who owns the Howard the Duck license?

Marvel does.

I could see a direct to Netflix movie reboot/sequel that is only vaguely related to the MCU.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 01, 2014, 11:52:46 PM »
How about a Very Special episode of AoS? :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 01, 2014, 11:59:36 PM »
A thought occurs to me.  Now that Disney owns Marvel, Howard can go back to not wearing pants.