Author Topic: Minecraft Releasing On New 3DS Today  (Read 1539 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Minecraft Releasing On New 3DS Today
« on: September 13, 2017, 12:07:00 PM »

Great, another army of Steves.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/45403/minecraft-releasing-on-new-3ds-today

New 3DS owners can start creating worlds in Minecraft today.

The international phenomenon was announced to be coming to New 3DS today. This new port of the game will come with five exclusive skins, and has been confirmed to be developed by Other Ocean with the aid of some development staff from the 3DS version of the Mega Man Legacy Collection.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft Releasing On New 3DS Today
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 10:59:59 PM »
This is very surprising news. I have no interest in playing Minecraft, but it is very good that it is on 3DS now.

Offline MASB

• "The game's afoot, Watson!" "You're standing on mine, Holmes!"
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 02:43:45 AM »
Wow! They really are porting this to every system they can! The mention of a retail release for the New 3DS version makes me wonder when they will do the same for the Switch version. Seems like a huge, missed opportunity not to have the Switch version in stores for the holiday season.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 12:35:22 PM »
I wonder how poorly this will run and how small the worlds will be... The field of view certainly looks tiny.

Wow! They really are porting this to every system they can! The mention of a retail release for the New 3DS version makes me wonder when they will do the same for the Switch version. Seems like a huge, missed opportunity not to have the Switch version in stores for the holiday season.
I would think they're waiting for the Better Together version of Minecraft to release before making a physical release for Switch, since there isn't much point releasing a version that is soon going to get replaced.

Offline Nathan Williams

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2021, 08:37:14 AM »
Awesome, another army of Steves .yes minecraft apk is growing so far
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 08:31:09 PM by Nathan Williams »