Author Topic: Club Nintendo Elite Status Gifts Now Available  (Read 18516 times)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Re: Club Nintendo Elite Status Gifts Now Available
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2014, 03:16:45 PM »

UncleBob, the post you cited was way back when they announced it.
Which goes back to my original point - all you do is ***** about things.  I could be wrong though - perhaps you can show the post you made after the figure arrived in the mail where you praised the figure and thanked Nintendo for it?  I'll gladly read that post and rescind my comments about you just *****ing about things.

There's no reason in 2014 that there shouldn't be parity between the Club Nintendos except that Nintendo seems to think its Japanese fans are special little snowflakes.

Or, you know, the cost of shipping to a potential 313.9 million people across 3.7 million square miles vs. the cost of shipping to a potential 127.6 million people across 152 thousand square miles.

I can see pretty large reason there.

[/size][size=78%]Yeah, Nintendo's reasoning for holding off on Club Nintendo in America as long as they did because of shipping and population weren't just bullshit; those were legitimate concerns. It's flat-out cheaper to run in Japan.[/size]
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2014, 03:21:11 PM »
Not that I should be doing your homework for you, but here:

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/27047/club-nintendo-elite-rewards-revealed

Very first post. And that's after 5 seconds on google. I'm sure if I could find a news story on NWR talking about the figurine arriving, I'd find more.

Close - but no cigar.  Granted, I didn't specify that it had to be immediately after the figure arrived in the mail - but waiting until the next year and only praising it as a way to ***** about the next year's prize hardly counts.  I'm asking for a post where you sincerely post something nice about the statue because you liked the statue, not because you hate everything else worse.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2014, 03:32:13 PM »
I got my figure today.  Cool box.  If it weren't so huge, I'd be tempted to keep it.  I really like the figure: everything looks nice and on-model, something I can't say for every Nintendo figure I've seen.  My only issue with the figure is that everything's made out of rubber, which gives the figure a kind of strange look that's hard to describe.   The figure was about the size I thought it'd be given the size of the box.  If you guys think that box is disproportional to the size of its contents, you've never ordered a CD from Square-Enix (which they ship in these huge 8.5 " x 10 " x 2" boxes).  -_-'

Here you go.  It's actually surprisingly positive. :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2014, 03:35:00 PM »
I got my figure today.  Cool box.  If it weren't so huge, I'd be tempted to keep it.  I really like the figure: everything looks nice and on-model, something I can't say for every Nintendo figure I've seen.  My only issue with the figure is that everything's made out of rubber, which gives the figure a kind of strange look that's hard to describe.   The figure was about the size I thought it'd be given the size of the box.  If you guys think that box is disproportional to the size of its contents, you've never ordered a CD from Square-Enix (which they ship in these huge 8.5 " x 10 " x 2" boxes).  -_-'

Here you go.  It's actually surprisingly positive. :D

Thank you. I appreciate the effort tracking that post down. I knew I had posted something nice about that figure when it came in. I just couldn't find it.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2014, 03:40:46 PM »
I mean, you complain about the size of it and the material that it's made of, and include comments trashing all the previous Nintendo figures you've seen... then even take a stab at Squeenix for no apparent reason... but surprisingly positive for you. ;)

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2014, 03:46:01 PM »
I mean, you complain about the size of it and the material that it's made of, and include comments trashing all the previous Nintendo figures you've seen... then even take a stab at Squeenix for no apparent reason... but surprisingly positive for you. ;)

IIRC, at the time of that post people were commenting on how huge the box was. Back then, I did a lot of CD importing from Japan, especially from Square-Enix. They always shipped these tiny CD jewel cases in these massive poster-sized boxes. So just sayin' that the box may have been huge, but I'd seen more impractical ones.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2014, 04:26:26 PM »
Want to point out that I've been pretty positive about Club Nintendo rewards every other year (well, except once when what they offered really wasn't appealing to me... but even then I wasn't down on the choices).

Looking at the prizes this year and saying they are less interesting than what was offered any other year isn't being "entitled" or "whining".  It's expressing a very real opinion that has been backed by some legitimate arguments in this thread.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2014, 04:39:44 PM »
Is this the point where I mention that I've been Vehemently mad at US Club Nintendo since almost its inception even skipping a whole gen?
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2014, 04:43:51 PM »
Is this the point where I mention that I've been Vehemently mad at US Club Nintendo since almost its inception even skipping a whole gen?

No.  Because Club Nintendo has been awesome.  This is just an isolated, poorly managed incident. :(

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 16, 2014, 04:48:20 PM »
This is all part of Nintendo's plan. Drive everyone away from the service, so when the 2017 Platinum award is amazing they don't have to send it to as many people, reducing costs.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2014, 04:51:45 PM »
I got Game & Wario. My brother and I love playing the Sketch mini-game together.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Mythtendo

• My rims never spin, to the contrary, you'll find that they're quite stationary
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 16, 2014, 06:29:14 PM »
Looking at the prizes this year and saying they are less interesting than what was offered any other year

You think a free game is less interesting than the year where the "platinum" prize was a CD that had been released 15 years earlier and the gold prize were some lame posters? This is a much better prize (though I only got to Gold and wanted one of the Platinum games).

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 16, 2014, 06:34:37 PM »
Is now a bad time to mention I have every set of Club Nintendo posters released so far and jump at the chance to order new posters whenever they're added?

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 16, 2014, 06:57:21 PM »
Ha ha ha. Oh man. As I mentioned elsewhere, I've never bothered with registering any of my stuff for Club Nintendo. For me, it is as though Club Nintendo doesn't exist. Thus, I don't have to go through the hassle of registering and taking surveys to keep up with different statuses nor do I have to worry, fret or be disappointed about what I would call rather useless prizes. Oh sure, you may have your objections about that but I never seen anything to entice to suddenly become a Club Nintendo member so that's my definition.

Thus, in the choice of getting nothing or something rather useless for free, I choose nothing. I don't have to then convince myself that somehow the reward is worth it or that I should be happy it is free. Nor do I have to be disappointed at the rewards offered. I can just buy my Nintendo products and enjoy them without having to bring in some outside factors to affect my viewpoint of them.

Plus, the reasons something is free is because it is relatively worthless or there is a catch to it. You could say the catch is having to spend hundreds of dollars before hand to get enough points to get a free item or the filling out of surveys and time it takes. Otherwise, most free things in life are of a pretty low quality and unless there is sentimental value, hardly worth keeping or cared about since they are of no cost to you.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2014, 09:19:42 PM »
Club Nintendo Platinum Reward acquired: Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D

I'm happy with it. The physical rewards were becoming less and less desirable. Putting retail games up for download is fine, I just feel bad for the people who already have the good games and are forced to nab Game & Wario.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #65 on: July 16, 2014, 10:24:10 PM »
Hey, at least we're giving Game and Wario what it's worth: $0.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 16, 2014, 10:36:19 PM »
As if to add insult to injury, Club Nintendo Japan just put up this:

And that's a regular Club Nintendo reward in Japan. **** you too, Nintendo.

http://www.destructoid.com/cute-yoshi-plush-added-to-club-nintendo-in-japan-278228.phtml

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 16, 2014, 10:37:09 PM »
*RAGE JUSTIFIED*

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 16, 2014, 10:40:22 PM »
[discontent intensifies]

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 16, 2014, 10:53:09 PM »
Club Nintendo Platinum Reward acquired: Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D

I'm happy with it. The physical rewards were becoming less and less desirable. Putting retail games up for download is fine, I just feel bad for the people who already have the good games and are forced to nab Game & Wario.
Well you probably get ddp towards it which is what has me slightly gravitating towards that one.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2014, 10:55:42 PM »
Hey, at least we're giving Game and Wario what it's worth: $0.

If you get ddp for it then they're basically paying you to get it.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2014, 11:27:50 PM »
Since this makes me strongly suspect that Club Nintendo will shift to 100% digital rewards and won't restock anything physical... I just dropped 1500 coins to order 3 Pink Animal Crossing 3DS XL pouches.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 18, 2014, 02:45:45 PM »

http://www.destructoid.com/cute-yoshi-plush-added-to-club-nintendo-in-japan-278228.phtml
The only way to make that much Awesomer is if you could get a tongue to come out to make it look like he's eating the apple and put he apple in his tummy somehow.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 18, 2014, 02:46:50 PM »

The only way to make that much Awesomer is if you could get a tongue to come out to make it look like he's eating the apple and put he apple in his tummy somehow.

Or the Apple Reversed to an Egg.