Author Topic: Hey! DC's got stuff too... (Official Thread for the DCU of Movies and TV)  (Read 269203 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Hey! DC's got stuff too... (Official Thread for the DCU of Movies and TV)
« Reply #725 on: October 25, 2019, 11:12:53 AM »
Thought he might be playing the Kingdom Come Superman based on the costume so looked up what that version looked like and I'd say it's a match.

I'm starting to get pumped for this big event. Hope it can live up to the hype.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: October 25, 2019, 12:50:12 PM »
it was stated almost 3 months ago when Routh was announced. but it's understandable to not remember those details from months ago.

Apparently Brandon Routh as "Kingdom Come Superman"
Kevin Conroy as "Bruce Wayne from the future" (voice of Batman from TAS)
and Black Lightning

all join the CW's Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover
https://nordic.ign.com/batwoman/27815/news/crisis-on-infinite-earths-arrowverse-crossover-casts-kevin-conroy-as-bruce-wayne

please don't make me play catch up on Arrowverse.... I have fallen way to far behind to even begin to remember where to start.
I just might catch this 5 part series though. Sounds like it could be kinda interesting.

p.s. I have yet to do any sort of catching up on Arrowverse in preparation for this massive CW event crossover.
I at least wanted to be familiar with where all the characters are up to this point.
I'll probably just go in blind though.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #727 on: October 25, 2019, 07:07:19 PM »
Last year Apple had a special bundle for just the Mega DC crossover event.  If they are smart they will have scripted an event that completely stands alone, with just a few minor threads for each show.  Then sell is a big movie event.  I mean with 5 episodes we are talking an event over 3 hours.  That is a lot of story they could tell.  And even if they just do visiting worlds like that Avengers Endgame does time travel, it could be special. 

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: October 26, 2019, 11:40:21 PM »
it was stated almost 3 months ago when Routh was announced. but it's understandable to not remember those details from months ago.

Apparently Brandon Routh as "Kingdom Come Superman"
Kevin Conroy as "Bruce Wayne from the future" (voice of Batman from TAS)
and Black Lightning

all join the CW's Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover
https://nordic.ign.com/batwoman/27815/news/crisis-on-infinite-earths-arrowverse-crossover-casts-kevin-conroy-as-bruce-wayne

please don't make me play catch up on Arrowverse.... I have fallen way to far behind to even begin to remember where to start.
I just might catch this 5 part series though. Sounds like it could be kinda interesting.

p.s. I have yet to do any sort of catching up on Arrowverse in preparation for this massive CW event crossover.
I at least wanted to be familiar with where all the characters are up to this point.
I'll probably just go in blind though.

Where'd you leave off? I might be able to give you a quick primer then.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #729 on: October 27, 2019, 04:25:05 AM »
I honestly wish I could recall at this point.... (just got home from a Halloween party)

It's been seasons since I've watched Arrow, The Flash or the time traveling show
I missed almost all of the previous season of Supergirl, haven't seen the start of Batwoman, and the only show I currently watch attached to any of this is Black Lightning..... which I am 2.5 eps behind on at the moment.

I haven't even finished the last season of Lucifer on Netflix, I've really fallen behind and don't think I'd remember exactly what was going on where I Left off on most of those without starting to watch the shows again tbh.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #730 on: October 27, 2019, 07:45:26 AM »
Khush:  I think simple season recaps would be fine.  I mean, I bet the actual Crisis event doesn't really need much knowledge of individual episodes just general story arcs

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #731 on: October 30, 2019, 03:02:09 AM »
So apparently Greg Berlanti isn't done expanding the DCTVU

He's bringing Superman & Lois to The CW
and now a Green Lantern show to HBO Max

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/green-lantern-tv-series-pair-greg-berlanti-dc-dramas-set-at-hbo-max-1250950

this is on top of all the arrowverse shows, Black Lightning, the shows on DCU (Titans, Doom Patrol), the cancelled Krypton and probably everything else attached to the Crisis Crossover I haven't remembered.....

and there are supposedly even more shows coming from him in the near future: Titans spinoffs and other shows on DCU, more arrowverse spinoffs on The CW and new shows on HBO Max as well.
according to the article, 21 shows currently in production right now.... some kind of record, with more to come!!

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #732 on: October 30, 2019, 05:12:53 AM »
Well, I think it would be smart and VERY brave if the Superman Show is actually a combining of Supergirl and Superman into a single show.  What they really need is a Superman universe show, a Batman universe show, a Flash universe Show, and a Green Arrow Universe show.  I could see spinning Green Arrow into something like the Outsiders where you take the universe of side characters that decide to continue the fight without Green Arrow.  Since that show is ending. 

Then you do one big crossover event a season and perhaps one or two smaller crossover events. 

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #733 on: November 02, 2019, 03:56:19 PM »
I haven't tuned into Supergirl in a season or two, but good lord does this look terrible...

Did they time travel back to late 90's afterschool programming budgets and acting!?

https://twitter.com/TheCWSupergirl/status/1188696936372670465

https://twitter.com/harlscanary/status/1186115521529335809?s=20

I really hope Crisis got the Budget Boost and these two episodes above are just a victim of resource pooling for the greater good.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #734 on: November 04, 2019, 08:46:50 AM »
I think the CGI is BAD, but it still isn't Smallville bad...and in some ways it is so bad it is good.  The martian scene is actually much better than blowing up the window scene. 

Anyway, I think that they must be saving money for the big Crisis event.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #735 on: December 07, 2019, 09:24:43 PM »
Looks like Crisis is gonna help Berlanti's Arrowverse expand even further
https://www.wired.com/story/crisis-on-infinite-earths-crossover-watchmen/

We already knew about Superman and Green Lantern coming.
did we know about Stargirl and Booster Gold though?

(Booster Gold was apparently removed from the article, but was also I guess rumored before hand)

edit: and WW84 Teaser for a Trailer to be released tomorrow
https://twitter.com/WonderWomanFilm/status/1203358507652698113

WTF!!? WW out here swinging from lightning bolts!!?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 09:31:00 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #736 on: December 08, 2019, 04:43:24 PM »
Wonder Woman 84 Trailer is out. 

For BnM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfM7_JLk-84

I am loving this trailer so much and I am so overcome with emotion because we are getting a new Wonder Woman movie.  I love all the 80s vibes the trailer gives off and I just want to say I love the music accompanying the trailer.  I think it is a remix of the 80s hit Blue Monday by New Order.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: December 08, 2019, 04:51:17 PM »
It looks decent! I like the bright colors of her armor. They kept my biggest concern (Cheetah) out of the trailer though, so that makes me nervous.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: December 08, 2019, 04:55:27 PM »
Looks good.

Only (mild) criticism so far: Not sure why Hollywood won’t stop doing the ugly-pretty-girl. While not as egregious as Zendaya in the MCU Spider-Man movies, still just as unnecessary.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #739 on: December 08, 2019, 07:15:39 PM »
It looks decent! I like the bright colors of her armor. They kept my biggest concern (Cheetah) out of the trailer though, so that makes me nervous.
Give the trailer another watch.  The gal that was talking with Diana is another form of Cheetah. Before her full on makeup

Looks good.

Only (mild) criticism so far: Not sure why Hollywood won’t stop doing the ugly-pretty-girl. While not as egregious as Zendaya in the MCU Spider-Man movies, still just as unnecessary.
I totally understand this sort of thing can be a tired trope but I think there may be more to it than her prettying herself up a bit.  Maybe she is giving into what she wants and she is being influenced somehow.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: December 09, 2019, 12:35:04 AM »
I know Kristen Wiig is Cheetah, but she isn't dressed as Cheetah and she ain't doing Cheetah things.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #741 on: December 09, 2019, 01:22:33 AM »
I know Kristen Wiig is Cheetah, but she isn't dressed as Cheetah and she ain't doing Cheetah things.
Well that would give away the main fights now wouldn't it?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: December 09, 2019, 01:22:08 PM »
Maybe excited about WW84? I don't know if Gal Gadot is a decent actress generally, but she seems like a fantastic lead for a superhero movie and the first Wonder Woman movie was the only DC extended universe flick that I'd be willing to watch again.

Still, it's hard to have faith giving how bad the other DC movies have been. And that spoiler BnM covered earlier didn't look promising in the trailer... is that a real thing in DC canon? I mean, somehow I could accept lightning from the gods, but this looked pretty silly.
NNID: ejamer

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #743 on: December 09, 2019, 05:59:33 PM »
It looks silly, but as long as they explain it, I'm fine.  We let Spider-Man swing from out of frame question mark blocks, so I think it's fair.

I know DC movies have stunk, but WW was good, so I expect the sequel to be better since it won't have the Snyder influence.  And Aquaman and Shazam were good, so I'll say they're on an upswing.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #744 on: December 09, 2019, 10:04:54 PM »
Maybe excited about WW84? I don't know if Gal Gadot is a decent actress generally, but she seems like a fantastic lead for a superhero movie and the first Wonder Woman movie was the only DC extended universe flick that I'd be willing to watch again.

Still, it's hard to have faith giving how bad the other DC movies have been. And that spoiler BnM covered earlier didn't look promising in the trailer... is that a real thing in DC canon? I mean, somehow I could accept lightning from the gods, but this looked pretty silly.
Wonder Woman has lots of silly things but I think if it is explained in the film it should work.  Speaking of silly things.  I wonder if some of the instances of Diana lassoing things in the air is her Invisible Jet  in some of the shots. It would explain some things.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #745 on: December 12, 2019, 10:10:54 AM »
Stargirl trailer - CW/DCU show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp5Xv7QcgkM

all things considered.... doesn't look bad.
I likely won't watch it.... but then again, I'm kinda burnt on the Arrowverse, and still haven't event taken the time to catch up enough to tune in to the current ongoing Crisis Event.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: December 12, 2019, 01:43:41 PM »
Arrow and Flash had enough steam for one or two decent seasons then got bad. The rest of the arrowverse has just been coasting on that good will.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #747 on: December 12, 2019, 05:37:58 PM »
I think it goes to show that the American television format of 24 episode 45 minute shows is very hard to keep up for multiple formats, but I must say I am liking the tone of the show.  I feel like this show seems to have the right vibe to be a good show to both attract a female market and be a good well written female lead.  My problem with Batwoman is it appears to try to hard.  I am an edgy woman that hates male authority and rebels.  I am aware the show may not be that.  I am also aware that people like that exist and need representation, but you have to write those characters very carefully and with finesse.  This show looks like the flash wholesomeness with a female lead, and eventually an Ironman knockoff.  It also looks like it will have a fun family dynamic which is much needed. 

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: January 07, 2020, 01:39:39 PM »
The Harley Quinn show has been most excellent. Once again DC Animation comes out on top.

Supergirl is buckling under it's own weight as it is manufacturing more drama for drama sakes. Man Hunter has been flanderised to to point of being the stereotypical Native American Indian. Alex has nowhere to go. Lena is just plain crazy now. Brain is tiresome.

Crisis has been a mixed bag. Everything about the tower was serious cringe. Who wrote this ****? I am not even sure what the point of it was other than an excuse to kill Ollie which gets undermined later. The Batman / Bradon Superman episode is good stuff.

Pretty much just waiting for Legends to come back and thoroughly enjoying HQ.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: January 15, 2020, 05:34:42 AM »
So the crossover is done.  And as expected it was reprehensibly bad.  Thank goodness that's over and done with.
Extra points for a particular surprise cameo though.  Thoroughly enjoyed that.