Author Topic: Fire Emblem Awakening in North America -- Preorder Bonus  (Read 5094 times)

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
Fire Emblem Awakening in North America -- Preorder Bonus
« on: January 11, 2013, 01:47:40 PM »
So I was just doing a random google search on Fire Emblem Awakening (because I wanted to know more about the free DLC) and I found NOA's official page for the game's release, which also mentioned an art book being given out as a preorder bonus.

My question, to any who can answer:  while Gamestop's product listing mentions the art book, Amazon does not.  Am I to take it, then, that NOA and Gamestop are now "besties" and the preorder bonus is exclusive?   Argh.  This is getting super annoying now.  First Xenoblade.  Now this.   

And yes, I know that I'm going to flip through the artbook once and never, ever look at it again.   I still want it.   It makes no sense, I know.
[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Re: Fire Emblem Awakening in North America -- Preorder Bonus
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 01:52:22 PM »
Um, GameStop frequently gives out art books for pre-orders and has for many years. I gout a nice artbook for Tales of Symphonia back in 2004. And pre-order exclusives are common in this industry. What's really annoying is some developers will giver different pre-order bonuses to different retailers for the same game effectively making consumers pick what bonus they want.

And it makes perfect sense for everyone, if you want the artbook then you need to get it at GameStop. It harms no one.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline leahsdad

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 12:09:20 AM »
Um, GameStop frequently gives out art books for pre-orders and has for many years. I gout a nice artbook for Tales of Symphonia back in 2004. And pre-order exclusives are common in this industry. What's really annoying is some developers will giver different pre-order bonuses to different retailers for the same game effectively making consumers pick what bonus they want.

And it makes perfect sense for everyone, if you want the artbook then you need to get it at GameStop. It harms no one.

Of course you're right about games that are NOT published by NOA.   I'm used to that.  But aside from Xenoblade, this is the first exclusive anything that NOA has done with Gamestop.

What's weird is that I had no idea there was a Gamestop exclusive at all--  it's not advertised anywhere, except for the product listing on Gamestop and NOA's official FE Awakening webpage (and who the hell would look at that?)

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 12:13:25 AM »
The Circle Pad Pro was exclusive to GameStop. As for other retailers, remember that Walmart was the exclusive retailer to sell Chibi-Robo: Park Patrol.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline ymeegod

• Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 08:56:57 PM »
Demo is out today.  Basically the prologue and first mission in chapter 1 which is it say more or less training missions for the newcomers.  Still at least you can see some of the story/art design and met a few of the cast.

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 09:23:36 PM »
I liked that demo. Sure, Fire Emblem through and through, but the production value seems like it's the highest the series has seen. I say that having not played the GameCube/Wii games. Still, quite nice.

Offline Rikkuyo

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2013, 04:44:26 PM »
I just played the demo yesterday and I liked it, the 3D in the game was done nicely. This is my first time playing a Fire Emblem game, but I'm a fan. Instead of playing the games I'm mostly read all about them.
-
I think the main reason why gamestop usually does pre-order bonuses its because its a store and you can pick it up. The game Harvest Moon: A New Beginning had this happen too. On the official site and gamestop if you pre-ordered you get a plush, but on amazon you just get the game.
You can’t go forward if you keep looking back.
--
Currently playing:
Tales of the Abyss (3DS)
3rd playthrough

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2013, 01:00:29 PM »
I wasn't paying attention to when this was announced, but I decided to check the demo any way and now I'm all 'Holy crap this game is going to be incredible!" I wasn't into Radiant dawn at all, but I really like Sacred Stones a lot. I'm hoping for great things from this title.

As for Preorder stuff- if Amazon hasn't listed it then I would rule out getting the book from them.
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2013, 05:32:03 PM »
Anyone else pick up the game yet? I've got to say, I'm quite pleased with the product so far.

Offline leahsdad

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2013, 01:49:50 AM »
Anyone else pick up the game yet? I've got to say, I'm quite pleased with the product so far.

No.   

I preordered this game at Gamestop weeks ago, as the first post in this thread, WHICH I FREAKIN STARTED, clearly shows.   I preordered the physical copy to get the stupid preorder bonus.   

This past Monday, 2/4/2013, I called Gamestop.  "Do you have my game?"   "No, we're expecting a shipment on Wednesday."   

On Wednesday, I call again.  "Do you have my game?"  "No, but it might be in a shipment tomorrow."

Today, I call again.  "Do you have my game?"  "No, but we're getting a shipment tomorrow.  Maybe it'll be there, maybe it won't, we don't freakin know. "

And to top it off, the girl at Gamestop said "The thing is, Fire Emblem didn't really have a street date, just a ship date that was not set in stone, so we can't really tell you when it will arrive."  What is this, the 90's again?  I just wanted to tell her, "Listen, miss.  I have the internet.  I know other people are already playing this freakin game, and have already downloaded DLC."

Never mind that everyone and their sister and their adopted brother have already downloaded it or gotten it somewhere are are just plain waving it in my face, taunting me.   

They say:  "Wow, this is the best Fire Emblem ever.  EVER." 

They say:  "This Fire Emblem is SOOOO good, even people who hated the entire Fire Emblem series will knock themselves silly with how much they love this game."

They say:  "I love this Fire Emblem game.  I love this Fire Emblem game so much, I want to marry it.  OH WAIT, I CAN MARRY IT, HAVE CHILDREN, AND RECRUIT THEM TO FIGHT FOR YOU.  BECAUSE THEY CAN COME FROM THE FUTURE.  BECAUSE THERE IS FREAKIN TIME TRAVEL IN THIS FIRE EMBLEM."

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2013, 01:42:59 PM »
My kmart has 5 copies of the game.

Offline leahsdad

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2013, 01:54:49 PM »
My kmart has 5 copies of the game.

They say:  "My Kmart has 5 copies of the game."

*FACEPALM*

I hate Gamestop.   Next time they ask me to preorder a game, I'll just have to say "Why?  So I can get it a week later than everyone else?"

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2013, 03:03:08 PM »
What did I say? You're bitching about your Gamestop preorder. Cancel it and take your money else where. Kmart is guaranteed to still have it since no one cares about them.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2013, 12:33:17 PM »
Anyone else dreaming about this game? For me its been 3 nights in a row now. I had to restart on Normal, Hard was stressing me out. I'll return to hard eventually.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2013, 01:57:51 PM »
I'm not dreaming about the game, but I'm definitely trying to squeeze it into every available waking hour. Great game. Lunatic certainly lived up to its name early on, although as with prior FE games the difficulty starts to ease after the first few missions.