Author Topic: Paper Mario: Sticker Star  (Read 13841 times)

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPix™
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
Re: Paper Mario: Sticker Star
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2013, 03:15:50 PM »
Well, I didn't need a guide through the entire game, so I guess that means I just understood the game and its hint system better than anyone else or you all hate puzzles.

Seriously, the puzzles were freaking easy in this one.

They weren't even puzzles. They all amounted to having the correct sticker to proceed, and if you didn't have it you had to go to the black market shop and buy it (not fun) or meander about looking high and low for it with no direction from the game as to where it might be (not fun).

I used a guide for two so-called puzzles in this game, but even when I was solving them on my own it wasn't fun. Using a vacuum sticker to clean up rubbish, or an air conditioner to cool lava etc. There was no problem solving skill required whatsoever. It really did amount to having the correct sticker at the correct time, and if you didn't then you couldn't proceed.
Gouge away.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2013, 05:49:08 PM »
I think it was a matter of problem solving, if you ask me. If there's a bunch of rubbish, I would sift through my collection of Things and find the ones that would clean it up. Same with things that were cold, hot, etc.

It got to the point where I would already have prepped myself for the potential puzzles that would be in a stage upon entering, which was really nice because it didn't interrupt the flow.

I don't see the issue with this play style, and I can't really see anyone playing the game differently than this. It just doesn't seem smart.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2013, 11:54:24 PM »
Another gripe with the game: I beat that stupid giant boo boss without taking damage and my reward was one measly coin! LAME! I didn't even use the special sticker.

Side note: the Infini-jump sticker (or whatever it's called) does not last for infinity. It is a very finite number of jumps.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPix™
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2013, 02:06:07 AM »
Side note: the Infini-jump sticker (or whatever it's called) does not last for infinity. It is a very finite number of jumps.

lol, Can you imagine how boring that would be? Pressing the 'A' button forever. FOREVER!
Gouge away.

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2013, 02:14:59 AM »
Super Mario RPG had a mini-game where you did that.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2013, 08:35:40 PM »

lol, Can you imagine how boring that would be? Pressing the 'A' button forever. FOREVER!

Well, at least until the boss dies. Or I get my fill of coins.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2013, 09:11:17 PM »
Man, ended up finally finishing the game and like most of you I ended up needing a guide.  Couldn't figure what what nintendo was thinking with no-exp.  Ended up voiding most minon battles because defeating them didn't do anything but waste an sticker which most likely costed more than your reward. 

It's clearly not an RPG anymore, more or less an adventure with it's try-try again puzzle solutions.

I much perfer M&L games over the latest entry Paper Mario Sticker Star. 

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPix™
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2013, 08:13:38 AM »
It's clearly not an RPG anymore, more or less an adventure with it's try-try again puzzle solutions.

I much perfer M&L games over the latest entry Paper Mario Sticker Star.

Amen brother.
Gouge away.