Author Topic: Miiverse to Alert Players About Upcoming Games, Interactions on Third Party Games  (Read 2574 times)

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report

The elaborate Miiverse interactions don't all have to be programmed by third parties.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/31751

The Wii U's Miiverse feature may inform players about new and upcoming games, among other things, Nintendo of America's Bill Trinen confirmed in an interview with 1UP.

In the interview, Trinen elaborates more about the Miiverse feature. One of these new features is the ability to inform players that the latest Wii U game released. This was explained when Trinen was asked about how the concepts of WiiConnect24 would be presented on the Wii U.

Trinen stated the following about Miiverse:

"Even when you turn on the system, you're going to turn on the system and play a game, and you're going to be seeing stuff popping up through Miiverse. Maybe you're going to learn about a new game that's coming, or maybe you're going to learn about something amazing that somebody did in a game. You see that pop up and you're like, "What? Wait a second, I didn't know about that."

When asked about how third party developers can utilize this, Trinen says that Miiverse interactions don't have to be programmed by the third party themselves, that even if the developers didn't program anything for the game players can still bring it up and see what other players are doing in the game.

Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline famicomplicated

• The OG Japan Correspondent
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile

I wonder if leaderboards will be part of Miiverse (By that I mean as standard).
If not I guess we could take screenshots and post them under the board for that particular game in Miiverse..

In fact now I think about it, that could be Nintendo's easy out when people ask "why aren't there leaderboards for this game" - make em yourself bro!  :-[
I am your (Fami)father.
Follow me on Twitter for some #hypertrollGET fun.
Troll with love, not hate.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
So. Ads?
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline famicomplicated

• The OG Japan Correspondent
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
So. Ads?
I hardly think Nintendo or your friends suggesting some games to play counts as ads.

Ads are the things plastered all over the PAID service of XBox Live, for things completely irelevent to the games/shows you're interested in.
I am your (Fami)father.
Follow me on Twitter for some #hypertrollGET fun.
Troll with love, not hate.

Offline blankfall

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
Glad to see Nintendo might help out others advertise out there. would be cool to see if the miis can dress in game related articles of clothing for the start up screen.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Can I turn this off?  Seriously I don't give a **** about it at all and would consider these pop-ups to be a nuisance.  Plus I know that I'll encounter spoilers for the very game I'm playing with this nonsense.

Offline Pandareus

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Can I turn this off?  Seriously I don't give a **** about it at all and would consider these pop-ups to be a nuisance.  Plus I know that I'll encounter spoilers for the very game I'm playing with this nonsense.

I'm sure you'll be able to, just like you have to opt in streetpassing or spotpassing.