Author Topic: pc pen tablets  (Read 1172 times)

Offline matt oz

• APPLES!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
pc pen tablets
« on: September 07, 2007, 07:27:35 PM »
Has anyone ever used one of these before?

Not a tablet PC, but one of those USB tablets with a pen.

I bought this one on Amazon, and got it in the mail today.  It's so freaking awesome, I can't believe it.  Really responsive, great pressure sensitivity.  A product that actually does what it advertises.

I bought it because I'm doing a project this semester that's going to require some Flash cartoons, and I sure as hell wasn't gonna draw everything with my mouse.

And it comes in blue!  I was tempted to buy white so it would match my iMac, but the blue one matches my eyes, kind of.  And it's like $10 cheaper for whatever reason.
Wii Code:  7894 - 4898 - 7716 - 3649

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: pc pen tablets
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 01:00:06 AM »
General rule: You have two choices when it comes to graphics tablets, a Wacom or a piece of crap.

I got a Graphire 1 for 45€ used a loooong time ago.

Offline Darkheart

• Darkheart
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: pc pen tablets
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 01:46:52 AM »
Everyone at my school uses one, I just am weird and draw everything with the mouse but yea, KDR is right the only tablet you want is a Wacom.  4X5 is a little smallish but I am sure you can adapt to it.  Also know that on average it takes roughly a good month or so to get used to a tablet.   When I say that I mean roughly by the end of one month you should be close to drawing with a tablet as good as you do with a pen and paper.  Good luck and you will have to post some stuff you do with it.

BTW, if you ever need any help with flash let me know.  I animate, illustrate Yes illustrate and am working on flash web games.