Author Topic: The Official Discredit Ian Campaign Thread  (Read 3487 times)

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
The Official Discredit Ian Campaign Thread
« on: December 16, 2006, 06:01:44 PM »
For YEARS one man has shouted and complained endlessly, demanding Nintendo listen to him. WELL LOOK WHAT HAPPENS WHEN WE DO LISTEN TO HIM!

BUTTERFLIES GET HURT!

Anorexic kids fight body builders!

If you don't know what I'm talking about, LOOK AT THIS!

Make your avatars! Edit your signatures! JOIN THE FIGHT! For the sake of the butterflies and to put a stop to teenage anorexia.

pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline MarioAllStar

• Weird and Wonderful
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE:The Official Discredit Ian Campaign Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2006, 06:51:26 PM »
Ian hates what is ultimately his own brainchild. Through Nintendo, all of his dreams are realized, yet his demands exponentially grow. After the Pokemon 3D RPG was created, he immediately ordered that it be improved. There was no time for happiness.

We must save Ian from Ian--before it is too late.
Thanks for listening.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: The Official Discredit Ian Campaign Thread
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2006, 07:59:05 PM »
The GC Pokemon games did suck and there was no reason thy couldn't have made a "classical" Pokemon game for the GC.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2006, 10:01:21 PM »
Indeed, a proper stadium game would have been ideal.

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2006, 11:20:18 PM »
Don't you guys see? IT WAS IAN! Ian Sane was personally responsible for the atrocity that is Pokémon XD.
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2006, 02:52:38 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Ian said on several occasions that Nintendo shouldn't listen to advice from its fans because they usually know absolutely nothing about making good video games?  Isn't Ian included in those that know crap?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2006, 03:35:15 AM »
I dunno! If I listened to what Ian ha to say, I might also make a mistake as disasterous as Pokémon XD
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline segagamer12

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2006, 05:31:55 AM »
But Ian didn mean any harm, the game sold good right?
You can call me
THE RAT thank you very much
check out http://www.myspace.com/phatrat1982

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2006, 02:38:35 PM »
A little off topic but does the Pokemon Wii game have fun mini-games like the original stadium series?
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline JonLeung

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2006, 02:58:42 PM »
I told Ian that I wouldn't trust him because he keeps calling it the "Gameboy" when anybody who has eyes can clearly see that the name of the best-selling video game system line has always been two words - "Game Boy".

I mean, geez, if you can't spell something that's so well-known (even outside of the gaming community) for, what, something like seventeen years, and it has very much to do with games on a forum ABOUT games, then your point is null and void.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2006, 05:03:25 PM »
But but but words have been in existence for thousands of years before GameBoy, and people continue to misspel them all the time. Thousands of years > seventeen years
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline JonLeung

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2006, 01:46:48 AM »
But I would think that the Game Boy, with its many incarnations in almost two decades, should've had its name thrust upon anyone who knows about gaming, and thousands of times no less.  Certainly non-gamers know what a Game Boy is, so anyone who claims to be an authority on gaming (as Ian sometimes sounds like) on any gaming forum, sheesh, there's no excuse to misspell (or misspace) "Game Boy".

Yes, I'm anal.  >_<  But I already told Ian that (tut tut, slap on the wrist, whatever) so anytime he makes a particular point, if he continues to misspace Game Boy I won't care what he says.  :P

Similarly, anyone who pronounces "Pokémon" as "Pokey-mon" when anybody who knows basic level French (this includes every Canadian!) should know that the "é" is pronounced "ay" ought to be kicked upside the head.  As Ian is Canadian last I heard, if he says this when speaking about them, I would also disregard his opinions about Pokémon.

Except when I agree.  Pokémon Colosseum and XD: Gale Of Darkness could've been a lot better.  >_>

EDITED: For spelling, ironically. >_<  Wow, I must sound like a real jerk sometimes.

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2006, 03:10:48 AM »
What is this meaningless debate? IAN RUINED POKÉMON AND ENCORUAGES CHILDHOOD ANOREXIA!
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline segagamer12

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2006, 05:17:23 AM »
Really, thast funny cuz I got grandparetns who always called it pokaymon and I thought THEY were mis prouncing it. Wait all the TV commercials callit pokeeymon too. whose to say. Its Japansese anyways NOT french so argument is null and void. Anyone who doesn't know Nintendo is in Japan and that they probably don't speak fench makes no sense and I cant stand to debate (argue) with them.
You can call me
THE RAT thank you very much
check out http://www.myspace.com/phatrat1982

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2006, 02:31:42 PM »
 What is this meaningless debate? IAN RUINED POKÉMON AND ENCORUAGES CHILDHOOD ANOREXIA!

F--- Pokemon. And children.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.