Author Topic: Episode 290: BOMZALDROPPEN  (Read 18344 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 290: BOMZALDROPPEN
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2012, 05:29:19 PM »
I have a larger response to make, but to Ceric's question, Guillaume is in Canada. So no, all of RFN is not in "the States."
All in NoA territory.  Nice to have an Active Canadian. *whistle*
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Eyothrie

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2012, 06:21:18 PM »
Thank you, Greg.  You will be missed!
RTR!

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2012, 06:54:04 PM »
As a former podcast editor myself, what Greg has brought to the table these past three years simply cannot be overstated.  The man is a miracle worker, and the pinnacle of professionalism.  Cheers Greg.
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2012, 07:12:08 PM »
Godspeed, Greg. One of the major reasons I got into RFN in the first place was the work you did on editing... and knowing that you would have to stay up until 5am just to record, then 3 full days of editing just to get rid of Lindy's WoW rambling makes this a retirement well earned.

Is it too bad to hope for the occasional Connectivity visit, and perhaps more regular visits to Radio Trivia?

(For what it's worth, I've got a warning tale on what happens when you lose a 3DS, but I'll save that for Listener Mail...)
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2012, 07:12:51 PM »

(For what it's worth, I've got a warning tale on what happens when you lose a 3DS, but I'll save that for Listener Mail...)

Looking forward to hearing that.
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2012, 08:45:33 PM »
We all love you Greg and all the hard work you put into the show I'm sorry you had to leave us. I hope you can occasionally drop by from time to time like e3 or even occasionally on connectivity .

Offline yoshi1001

• View Profile
    • PIRN-Pokemon Radio
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2012, 08:51:44 PM »
Greg, will you at least be on Radio Trivia every now and again? It's my goal to zing every RFN staff member with a crazy/dysfunctional game on that show, and I haven't gotten you yet.

Also, if you're still willing to commit to an occasional episode a la Famicast, I'd love to see a monthly PALcast that covers Europe. At the very least, you could occasionally do segments on Connectivity as others have suggested. It would be far too great a crime for you to go completely silent.

Stinger: You forgot to mention the TV cartoon based on The Mighty Ducks (and the derisive reference in Space Jam to the team name).
For Pokemon news and interviews, check us out at:

http://pokepress.blogspot.com/

Offline jrlibrarian

• Small Staff
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2012, 09:24:18 PM »
When I downloaded this episode this morning, I knew that only two things could be revealed at the end of the episode. Either Jonny would be stepping down as host, or Greg would be leaving. I was more leaning towards Greg leaving, due to the fact that Guillaume that has been appearing on several episodes recently, including the panel at PAX. I couldn't stop myself from skipping to the end of the episode, and it turns out I was right.

I've been listening to the podcast since the beginning of Season 2, and have since listened to every episode many a time over. To an extent, I feel like I've come to know each member of the podcast personally, despite the fact that I haven't met any of you in real life yet. I've grown to look forward to every new episode on Sunday evenings, and as far as I can remember, Greg has been a part of it. His insightful opinions, never-ending love for the Bills, and just all-around Britishness have made the show what it is today. His influence will always stand, and he can never ever be replaced. There is no doubt that Greg will be missed, and the years of hard work that he has put into the show will always be greatly appreciated.

Godspeed, my friend.
I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

Offline ivanincubus

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2012, 01:53:10 AM »
Oh boy, the bills really hit you hard didn't they? Anyhow, I wish the best, not just to greg, but to all the rfn crew. You are all and have been a great part of my life. Thankyou for all the laughs greg.
uyd for life!

Offline Hey Einstein!

• Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2012, 04:43:00 AM »
Like a lot of people posting here, Greg's insight and whit are what I most look forward to when I download the podcast each week. No disrespect to the rest of the team, and I'm always interested by Jame's New Business each week. But like so many others here I am grateful and truly sorry to hear the news. All the best to you Greg!

Offline MoRZ

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2012, 06:33:24 AM »
I was very sad to hear that Greg has decided, albeit it makes sense, to leave RFN in full capacity. I always felt that it was a tremendous task to do this from here in Europe. His editing skills have been so superb that I mentioned the composition of chapters, content and chapter images in a paper on podcasts. I think we will really miss him and his humor. I hope one day he can make it to PAX or E3 to meet with the guys or someone goes to visit him in person.

I would really like the occasional appearance of him as Guest Star or Returning Champion. Greg has often alluded that he is a very boring person outside of podcasting and gaming and I never believed him. Godspeed in what you'll do in the future, Mr. Leahy.

I hope he will appear on Box Office Poison, Discover Music Project or Radio Trivia in the future. Or on episode 300/the next marathon.

Thanks for your great work.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2012, 11:14:58 AM »
We finally end with a very special announcement that you'll definitely want to hear.

It was not an announcement i wanted to hear at all. FALSE ADVERTISING!!!!!

*cries in the corner*

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2012, 11:38:59 AM »
Yes, we love you Greg, we already miss you, you are/were awesome, your editing skills are legendary, you have put in so very much work that has elevated the podcast to an amazing height, we feel like we know you and wish you nothing but the best.

etc. etc. blah blah blah

OK, fine, I'll say what we're all thinking then:

EFF YOU, GREG, YOU GODDAM QUITTER!!!

(Just kidding, of course. The first part is the truth.)

Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline BlueStorm

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2012, 03:29:27 PM »
Greg,

Many thanks for all the hard work over the last few years.  It's always been a pleasure to listen to.  Your depth of knowledge on gaming amazes me.

Based on the amount of time it takes to edit a show, no one person deserves to do that gig long term.  Hopefully this move gives you more time to enjoy more pleasant pursuits. 

Very large shoes to full.  They'll be filled I am sure, just not quite in the same way.

Thanks again to you Greg, and to the rest of the crew.  It's a great show, and I am sure it will continue to be.

<BR>

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2012, 04:21:25 PM »
I can' believe I missed the chance to do the old Dooomed DOOOOOOMMMMMEEEEED.  Soon RFN will Be a Third Party Podcaster
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 05:45:59 PM by Ceric »
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Quadran

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2012, 05:01:05 PM »
Greg,

It saddens me to hear that you will be leaving the podcast, but after hearing your dedication for the podcast (sacrificing a lot of hours in the weekend for editing, staying up very late/waking up very early for recording,...) I can understand why you are resigning from this podcast.

I hope you will continue to be an active contributor to the community as your insight to the gaming culture  and your comments on the European gaming news is something I'm going to miss.

Thanks again Greg for all those years. I wish the best of luck to Guillaume and the rest of the crew for continuing with such a great show.

kind regards,
Quadran.

Offline gojira

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2012, 08:39:54 PM »
Greg, you're awesome.  I'm sad to hear you're no longer going to be on the show.  Good luck with your non-RFN activities.

Offline UltraClayton

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2012, 08:58:56 PM »
It's too bad to hear that you have to leave. I really appreciate the years of hard work and sacrifice you put in to editing the show; it sounds like a daunting task. Good luck with whatever else you will be doing with those 700 freed up hours you now have in the week. I hope to hear you again if you have the chance ;)

I think Guillaume will do a good job though. I didn't notice a thing out of the ordinary with episode 289.

Offline Razorkid

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2012, 12:13:31 AM »
It hurt my heart when I heard of Greg's  total departure from the podcast.  You of all the podcast personalities of all the podcast programs I've listened to had the uncanny ability to voice the exact concern, opinion, or looked over point that I would have made in the many discussions on Nintendo that occurred on RFN.  Please, please, please don't be a stranger on NWR and the best of luck to you for the future.

Also, don't write off guest appearances please!
"All the world is blind to my passing..."

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2012, 01:20:02 AM »
A month or so back, I told James in an email that he was my favorite RFNer, but don't tell Greg. I somehow think this is all my fault.

Offline Kwolf

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2012, 04:08:25 AM »
Wow I finished listening to this episode tonight while working..   So sad to hear you are leaving the podcast Greg.  Still just wanted to say thank you for working so hard on the show for so long.  Honestly RFN has been one of the best podcasts I have ever listened to.  It's not just your guys speaking but a lot of the great editing and time put into each episode shows.

Anywho best wishes to you man, and thanks again for all the hard work.

Offline Glad0s

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Reagan's Music Reviews
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2012, 10:11:54 AM »
Wow, a Greg co-hosted Discover Music Project would be pretty epic.
"Isn't Karl like Mexican or something"

Offline Olimar77

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2012, 12:27:46 PM »
You'll be missed, Greg. I hope this isn't the last we hear from you. And thanks for stepping in Guillaume. I've enjoyed your guest appearances and look forward to hearing more from you each week.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2012, 01:02:55 PM »
I'm sad that Greg has chosen to take his talents to South (Bantham) Beach, but given all the times Greg has brought up that he really wanted someone else to do the editing I'm not surprised.  Now who's going to say "perfunctory" all the time on the podcast?!  ;)

Seriously, Greg, you'll be missed.  You were one of my favorite voices on the show, and your editing helped make RFN my favorite podcast on the internet.  I hope you'll be back for guest appearances in the future.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline marty

• Score: -96
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2012, 03:48:32 PM »
Farewell Greg; you are awesome.  Good luck in the future.

I've wondered for years why EA hasn't done a remix NHL 94 with 20XX players... especially for the Wii.  The Wii is the first Nintendo console in 20+ years of console ownership for which I didn't buy a hockey game.
NES= Ice Hockey and Blades of Steel (and got a Rom in 1999 or so of the Technos Japan hockey game)
SNES= NHL 94 and 96 (later 95 and NHLPA on the cheap)
N64= Wayne Gretzky's 3d Hockey '98 and NHL 99
GCN= NHL 2003
PC= NHL Hockey (first year... 1992 maybe?) NHL 97 and NHL 2001
I would LOVE it if EA did a 2D/ Sprite based hockey game again.  I'd gladly pay for a fully featured (season/manager/owner mode) game.  I've long felt that the transition from 2d to 3d took a lot of fun out of hockey games.