Author Topic: Mafia 87: Harvest Moon - Seasons of Mafia Town. Year 4.  (Read 4467 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Mafia 87: Harvest Moon - Seasons of Mafia Town. Year 4.
« on: November 24, 2021, 12:50:56 PM »
Mayor Khushrenada was at a quandary on what to do about the devastating revelation that Shady Village was once again beset by nefarious forces looking to control it. He desperately wanted to stop this from happening having been through the bad times of the past and as a way to avenge the deaths of Jamie and her crush. However, he didn’t know what he could do to root out the villains having been quite unsuccessful to stop them the last time the village had become infected with a mafia.

Then one day he was approached by one of the residents of the village. He informed the Mayor that many years before he had been a highly successful Scotland Yard detective who had cracked many major cases. However, the stress and grind of the job eventually wore him down so that he quit and wanted to do something where he wasn’t faced with gruesome elements day in and out. His journey led him to Shady Village and he discovered the farming life to be the peace he was looking for in life. As such, he had been thinking a lot about the recent developments and decided that if he wanted to ensure Shady Village stayed a tranquil place with a bright future then he needed to go back to his crime-solving ways one more time.

Khushrenada was overjoyed. This was the kind of help he needed and didn’t have available the first time this sort of thing happened. He thanked the villager profusely. The villager told the Mayor not to say anything to the other villagers so that no one would know he was on the case or about his past. “Leave it to me,” the former cop declared, “I’ll have this case cracked in a few weeks or my name isn’t MKBungle, Chief Inspector of Scotland, er, no, um, private, well, uhhhh, oh, let’s go with Townie Detective!

He was dead in two days.

Regrettably, MKBungle was not a master of disguise. For some reason, he decided to dress up and pretend he was some kind of fairy sprite. If villagers were fishing, they could see him watching them from a bridge or behind some bushes. If they were farming, they could see him sneaking behind other animals to spy on them or crawling down among their crops. When they called out to him and asked what he was doing, he’d suddenly put on a dance and talk about needing this or that for the Harvest Goddess as though he couldn’t hear them and was busy doing something else. But no one was fooled and instead everyone was getting annoyed and creeped out by his behavior at breakneck speed. As a result, a couple days into his investigation of the town, villagers saw him again trying to hide under carts and stands at the town bazaar and decided to finally show their displeasure. They began throwing all manner of produce at him. Anything that was available and on hand was chucked MKBungle while people yelled for him to leave them alone and to quit invading their privacy. However, some of the produce being thrown as rather large and heavy and at some point the objects not only knocked him out but ended up killing him.

Mayor Khushrenada was further crushed at this development but said nothing about knowing what MKBungle was doing to distance himself from being a part of this failed plan. Yet, a few days later, he received a mysterious envelope among his mail. It contained a letter from someone calling themselves “Old Man Winter” and warning the Mayor that if he ever tried getting someone else to investigate and hunt down their syndicate that they would kill him. As long as he kept putting on a happy face to the townspeople and did not interfere with their operation then he would be allowed to live. Khushrenada sunk down into his chair feeling very defeated.

More story to come. (Hopefully)
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 87: Harvest Moon - Seasons of Mafia Town. Year 4.
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2021, 12:51:30 PM »
Announcement Post

Previous Year’s Results:

Dead

MKBungle – Townie Detective (Killed by Vote)
lolomande – Regular Townie (Killed by Mafia)
stevey – Mafia Goon 2/Sir Summer (Killed by Vigilante)

(For the record, MKBungle was Bachelor #1. Stevey could have been bachelor #3 but he never sent in a letter.)

Voting Time: For Year 4, the Year/(Day) Thread will be open for a maximum of just about 47 hours. Voting will end and the thread will close at Noon EST Nov. 26 aka 9:00 AM PST Nov. 26 aka Midnight Perth Time Nov. 27. However, the thread and Year could end earlier if a Majority Vote is reached.

Majority Vote: There are currently 8 players still alive in this game meaning 5 votes would be needed to achieve a Majority Vote.

Today's Harvest Moon Musical Selection: Summer Theme - Harvest Moon: Hero of Leaf Valley.

Game has now resumed.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 01:30:14 PM by Khushrenada »

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2021, 09:03:30 PM »
Everyone must be too busy checking out all the good deals on www.Joja.com

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2021, 12:56:02 PM »
Good news everyone, I've successfully crossbred my Panda and Yak to create a new hybrid.  For just $100 a ticket, you and your families can witness this miracle of nature.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2021, 02:09:18 PM »
Do you still take Joja Credit? I have lots of points saved up, but their store no longer accepts them since they pivoted to Joja-Coins on the blockchain.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2021, 03:21:49 PM »
Everyone must be too busy checking out all the good deals on www.Joja.com

You know if I had a spare $99 I'd buy www.Joja.com and put a gif on it. Dang cyber squatters.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2021, 04:31:14 PM »
Good news everyone, I've successfully crossbred my Panda and Yak to create a new hybrid.  For just $100 a ticket, you and your families can witness this miracle of nature.

Now this I gotta see! Is it a miracle or an abomination? What are you calling this creature?

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2021, 04:42:07 PM »
Well, fellow citizens. It’s time to blow this game wide open. With 8 players left, including two mafios and one vigilante, we’ll need to quickly narrow things down to pull out a win. But the question is: who is who?

Tophatant and Order.RSS were the first to go for Stevey last year, so they’re both likely townies with Stevey having been revealed as mafia.

Lolmonade and MASB started the vote against MKBungle, who we now know was the detective. This puts the suspicion on those two the most. But lolmonade did vote for Crimm, so there’s more suspicion on MASB.

But wait! Bungle himself put the vote out for insanolord. But why? Inside information? Or just general suspicion? And why was Wah so confident in joining him? Did Wah know anything at that time? Wah has laid pretty low this game, making me think he’s not super active and either threw out a vote for chaotic reasons or because he knew it was safe. Both are possible. But on two investigations, we can’t be too sure.

Speaking of insano, his vote is a little less suspect since he clearly needed the self-defense play. This alone wouldn’t swing anything either way. But the votes didn’t protect insano. The votes protected Stevey.

Going back a year, Crimm, mafia goon, votes for Luigidude in self-defense, making him innocent. A mafia goon wouldn’t throw another under the bus.

Then you have Perm, who’s retracted a vote that was toward the detective. But he’s also questioned every vote, including ones for Stevey, although he made good points. He’s playing like a townie, a cautious one, but a townie.

That just leaves me. And I’m innocent. You can trust me. Look at the votes.

So anyway. I’m going to vote MASB. I’m now open the floor to rebuttals.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2021, 05:45:54 PM »
The logic makes sense to me. MASB has been hiding out all game not casting votes, then resurfaces when it's time to help save Stevey.

Vote MASB

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2021, 06:20:21 PM »
Not a lot to go on right now, but I think nickmitch makes some good points. For right now at least I’ll Vote MASB.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2021, 09:16:24 PM »
Nickmitch's reasoning sounds logical and I trust Tophatant's voting record.

Vote MASB
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline MASB

• "The game's afoot, Watson!" "You're standing on mine, Holmes!"
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2021, 09:58:20 PM »
Howdy fellow Shady Villagers! Forgive me for not posting a rebuttal earlier. Thanksgiving and all. With great assistance from Order.RSS (Steefosaurus), I think I can submit a persuasive argument about who are the two Mafia members.

Let's establish the players. Five people voted against MKBungle: lolmonade, myself, ThePerm, insanolord and stevey. We know lolmonade was an innocent townie plowing his fields before being struck down by Mafia Town's worst denizens. That leaves four left, three of which are most likely mafia. We know stevy was the Mafia's falling leaves. That just leaves me, ThePerm and insanolord.

To explain my vote: If you look at my post voting for MKBungle, you'll see an edit before Year end. I thought ThePerm still had his vote on MKBungle, so I edited to unvote. Since I couldn't decide between MKBungle and stevey, my intention was to have a tie. To paraphrase what Mop it up said to me (when I was trying to contact ThePerm on Discord to see how sure he was about his detective info), when in doubt, go for chaos. But then I saw that ThePerm had unvoted, thus no tie. So I edited again to keep the vote tied.

But wait, you ask: "Didn't ThePerm unvote MKBungle? He couldn't be Mafia!"

From Order.RSS: "This stood out to me. First Perm looks to be covering for Stevey here, then nobody posts until right at the deadline when - shocker - Stevey himself swoops in at the last minute.

Note the post has cover for Insanolord too, while he claims to be in contact with the Detective (Bungle - Perm even removes his vote against Bungle). Who did Bungle vote? Insanolord."

---

We know MKBungle was the detective. So it wasn't MK that did the contacting. What's more, ThePerm just unvoted. He didn't change his vote to a new target. The target the detective themselves chose!

I have no powers, so I can't "prove" everything. But my contention, which I think is most likely to be true, is that insanolord is defintely Mafia and ThePerm is a close second. Which one is the Godfather of the Salted Earth and which is his corn-trampling Goon, I have no idea. Doesn't really matter.

I strongly suggest we unvote insanolord and that the vigilante, who struck so true with stevey, take another shot, this time at ThePerm and end Mafia Town once and for all! May Shady Village take its place forevermore!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 04:22:46 AM by MASB »

Offline MASB

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2021, 10:06:34 PM »
But on two investigations, we can’t be too sure.

Bungle could investigate at any time, so he could have investigated three times.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2021, 11:15:07 PM »
Current Tally:

MASB - 4
NWR_insanolord - 1

5 votes cast out of a possible 8.
About 12 hours and 45 minutes left to vote in Year 4.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2021, 03:12:50 AM »
To paraphrase what Mop it up said to me (when I was trying to contact ThePerm on Discord to see how sure he was about his detective info), when in doubt, go for Chaos.

Such sage advice from a seasoned Mafia veteran, and yet you put your trust in Order.

Vote MASB

Offline MASB

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2021, 04:35:29 AM »
A friendly country flea just isn't cut out to contend with these Mafia types. They were selling me what I thought was Grade A Frogs and instead was a flea circus! With me as the star!

Thank goodness Mama taught me readin' and 'ritin', so I've sent my last messages to those townies who will be left. I'm pretty sure the rules are you can't post such on the public bulletin board. The Shady Village town crier would be fit to be tied reading' such! So I'll leave it with those who will be alive to act.

Vote Order.RSS. The second Mafia-type fella I'm not as sure of. But I'd assume it was nickmitch since he started the boulder rollin' and Order.RSS finished it fer 'em!

I hope there's some big, juicy dogs in the afterlife!

"There'll be food around the corner, food around the corner, food around the corneeeer for me!"

Offline MASB

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2021, 04:37:49 AM »
You struck true once before vigilante! Do so again! Or I'll come back as a ghost flea and bite ya!

Offline MASB

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2021, 04:41:35 AM »
Mayor Khush, I'm beginning to lose faith in your mayorship. Jus' letting' the place be overrun with these mustachioed villains! If they don't take me off the rolls, somebody's liable to use my vote to go against you in the next election!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2021, 10:06:17 AM »
Oh sure! Do a majority vote when I've long gone to bed. Year is over. Final Tally:

MASB - 5
Order.RSS - 1

Night Actions are due 12 hours from this post.