Author Topic: SPOILER ALERT: MCU Thread (Quantum-Ant-Man-ia)  (Read 236919 times)

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Re: SPOILER ALERT: MCU Thread (Spider-Man: Respect the Hyphen)
« Reply #275 on: July 05, 2019, 01:38:16 AM »
I wonder if the JK Simmons appearance indicates that we might have some crossover with the Raimi movies?  I suspect not though.  I imagine it was more of a "everyone loves JK's JJ so let's get him back".

Since Peter still has Edith I imagine he'll have something at his disposal to discredit the video.  Of course, the one bit of the video that was real was his name so there'll always be a risk that it could get out even if they do manage to patch this one.  But it was still an unexpected event regardless.

I picked the skrulls still being on earth as soon as the credits rolled to Cap Marvel so I'm pleased I was right about that.  We still very much have an opening for Secret Invasion.  But yeah, the big question is when did this exchange happen.  Have we actually had a real Nick Fury or is this the first time we've seen him?  Also, what about Maria Hill?  Where is she at?  Has she been a skrull since Avengers or did it happen afterwards.

You have to hand it to Marvel.  They were likely expecting a modest amount of their viewers to check out after the Infinity Saga but dropping some curve balls like that is one hell of a way to keep you invested.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 05, 2019, 07:05:49 PM »
I accidentally clicked into the wrong thread. I’d blame fat fingers except I have tiny, baby hands. I regret everything.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 05, 2019, 09:04:14 PM »
I accidentally clicked into the wrong thread. I’d blame fat fingers except I have tiny, baby hands. I regret everything.

Mysterio is a bad guy - he used to work for Tony Stark - using "B.A.R.F." tech to create his deceptions/illusions
The multi-verse may be a real thing, but it's a bullshit story from Mysterio in this movie used to fool everyone
Nick Fury wasn't actually Nick Fury.... it was actually Talos (the shape shifting Skrull from Capt. Marvel) - Same with the other agent... both Skrulls.
The Real Nick Fury is actually off-world creating the SWORD space station (I think)

JK Simmons is back as J. Jonah Jameson and appears on the NY Outdoor TV Billboard to out Peter Parker as Spider-man, and Spider-man as a crazed killer "hero"

and Tony is a jerk. He leaves Peter a gift, and named in a way that was way too funny.
EDITH - Even Dead, I'm The Hero.
asshole. LOL

now just be glad you clicked in early and only read about the post credits scenes. We haven't actually discussed much of the movie yet. LOL
« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 09:05:51 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 06, 2019, 07:07:47 PM »
now just be glad you clicked in early and only read about the post credits scenes. We haven't actually discussed much of the movie yet. LOL
When I saw you responded, I clicked back into this thread expecting you to make fun of me then I read the first line of your post and promptly punched the Back button. Luckily, I didn't remember the B.A.R.F. connection from Captain America: Civil War.

That said, the way Spider-Man: Far From Home connects with the MCU is one of my favorite things about it. That exposition dump scene where Quentin Beck reveals his evil plan would normally feel extremely lazy, but retconning Beck into Civil War and having Peter Billingsley reprise his role as that one Stark scientist Obadiah Stane yells at in Iron Man was just so good. At the same time, this is now the second Spider-Man villain that turned to the dark side after getting punked by Tony Stark. I'd really like them to move away from that in Spider-Man: Something Something Home Something. The mid-credits scene kind of sets that up. If they want to throw another curveball, stealth-cast Vincent D'Onofrio and have him reprise his role as Kingpin. I just can't buy into "IT'S ALL CONNECTED" until something like that happens. I know the Netflix shows are canceled. It doesn't matter.

Overall, Spider-Man: Far From Home is great. I think Zendaya's MJ is my favorite character in the Spider-Man bubble. A lot of people complained about Marvel changing Mary Jane Watson, but she kind of sucks as a character. I really like the direction Marvel/Zendaya took with MJ. They're also subverting what we expect. Jon Watts didn't even try to hide the fact that Zendaya is taller than Tom Holland which is refreshing to see in a movie. MJ freaking out while holding onto Spider-Man swinging around New York was also really great.

I also watched Spider-Man: Enter the Spider-Verse on Thursday. It's just a little bit better than Far From Home. I give it the edge for the visuals. I've never seen a CG movie with anywhere close to the same art direction. Olivia Octavius is also best-Doc Ock. Don't @ me. Semi-related: I want Hailee Steinfeld to be Gwen Stacy/Spider-Woman in the MCU. She's actually younger than Tom Holland so she's in the same age range as the rest of the kids. Make it happen, please.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 07:09:54 PM by Adrock »

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 08, 2019, 01:42:35 PM »
My only complaint is the geography. I live in London. The events of Thor 2 and Far From Home happened 4 miles apart. The people who live there in that universe must really hate it.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #280 on: July 28, 2019, 05:22:36 PM »
I just got back from seeing Far From Home and overall I thought the movie was solid. I liked how everything came together with Mysterio and how he was a pretty decent guy even though back in my head I knew this was Mysterio and he had to be a bad guy.  The sequences where Mysterio was messing with Peter and making him question things really got me in that type of mindset. Like what was real and it felt like a dream within a dream. 

The end credits with Fury and Hill were kinda a surprise. I am wondering how far back the switch happened with Fury and Talos. Also where is the real Hill?  Things to ponder.

I am interested in seeing how Peter is going to untangle that mid credits scene with that info being out there to the whole world.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 03, 2019, 02:27:29 PM »
Finally got around to seeing it. Very fun film. Was tired of avoiding this thread for so long but glad I waited. JJJ being back is great. We have one more film for the MCU Spidey according to the deal with Sony, right? I'm worried about how Sony could muck it all up with their own side projects. Pretty much all of the other Marvel children have come home, so I'm hoping they find a way to permanently keep Spidey.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 03, 2019, 06:40:16 PM »
They gotta convince Sony to sell Sony Pictures to Disney.
or that's gonna be some crazy negotiating for the Spider-Man contract extension talks....

Or Disney gonna have to play a little (disney/sony): yes/no yes/no yes/no no/yes no/yes Deal!/Deal! :)/wait a second... with Sony

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 11, 2019, 06:24:18 PM »
Disney could always offer up some of the extra Fox properties in exchange if nothing else. Does Disney really need to own Simpsons or Aliens VS Predator?
My Game Collection

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 12, 2019, 05:05:18 AM »
hmmm there are probably some spy agent properties from the Fox side that could be a good trade to Sony for Spider- man.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: August 12, 2019, 02:23:03 PM »
I scrolled through the list of Sony movie properties... Spider-Man is virtually their biggest grossing one.

Maybe Disney can give them Lucasfilm/Star Wars.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #286 on: August 14, 2019, 07:02:25 AM »
I dunno.  I don't want Disney to give up any of those Fox Properties.  Think about it the value Disney can give for Hulu and Disney+ because they have those properties.  Plus, Disney could easily find writers and directors that can build a universe and world around many of those franchises and make them compelling properties.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #287 on: August 14, 2019, 03:39:28 PM »
Disney would have to trade virtually all of the Fox properties before Sony would even consider it.  They'd have a better chance of buying Sony Pictures outright than stealing away Spider-Man.  I think more collaboration and possible universe integration with Venom and whatever else they want to build off is their best bet.  Sony knocked it out of the park with Into the Spider-Verse, so I think Disney/Marvel could offer up more franchises for animation (X-Men and F4 come to mind).
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 14, 2019, 04:25:31 PM »
That's what I was saying earlier about Disney having to buy Sony Pictures, but maybe leasing them the rights to animated movies based on Marvel properties could be a fair trade off.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #289 on: August 16, 2019, 07:23:53 PM »
I think that's a fair trade off.  An animated MCU could be great for the big screen.  I know Disney has a cartoon for Disney XD, but I think they can keep those universes separate without too much confusion.  Plus, if Disney keeps the streaming rights for D+, then that's just more content for the platform.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 20, 2019, 01:17:59 AM »
Well when Amy Pascal was running the show the price to buy Spider-man in the leaked e-mails was 6 billion. Which, is the same as what I'd figure it out to be. The approximate amount of money a good Spider-man series can make in a decade.

She had no idea what she was doing though. So, I don't know how that offer would be received now. Something of interest though is she is still a producer on the MCU Spider-man movies despite no longer being an executive at Sony.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 01:21:30 AM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #291 on: August 20, 2019, 09:28:21 AM »
10 year revenues is a common way of pricing a business, so that makes sense.  That number has to be through the ceiling now though.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Re: SPOILER ALERT: MCU Thread (WandaVision - A Strange Couple)
« Reply #292 on: January 15, 2021, 12:15:21 PM »
So title update for WandaVision

I need to rewatch the 1st episode, but I'm gonna talk about the 2nd as that's still fresh in my mind.
Did you see the watch commercial? for the "Struker"

Hydra (logo) 1000m

like it was saying it was water resistant up to 1000m. very very clever.
Commercial calling back to Wanda's past.

the copter in the bushes... in color, with the "SWORD" logo on it.

the guy in the Bee Keeper suit coming out of the sewer..... he had bees surrounding him.
that didn't make no sense. But you know who wears a suit that looks like a bee keeper suit?
A.I.M. could that have something to do with A.I.M.? were they rumored to be involved in this show?

I need to rewatch the first ep to see the little things, but I look forward to the 3rd Ep. to unveil some  of the mystery surrounding what is actually going on here.

edit: I rewatched the first episode to remember the 1st commercial.
The Stark Toast Master 2000, with the arc reactor sound and beeping noise, like a certain stark missile/bomb that didn't go off in Wanda's past  (good reason to watch Legends, as it goes through their MCU movie moments to refresh you on moments that will likely be referenced)

pre-post edit: and I also read some analysis of the first 2 episodes and lots of little things I never would have known about or noticed that were pointed out.
the most obvious of which being the manhole the "beekeeper" crawled out of was not there previous to him crawling out of it.
and easter egg in the intro for Grim Reaper
and a subtle speculation being that the colorized SWORD copter I mentioned earlier in the bushes, may have been the entry vehicle of Monica Rambeau into the fantasy world

and some more comic based speculation on who the big bad may be, and plot details, both based on comments made within the show "The devils in the details... and that's not all he's in" and "For the Children"
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 04:01:02 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
Re: SPOILER ALERT: MCU Thread (MCU on the TV-View: WandaVision)
« Reply #293 on: January 19, 2021, 04:32:56 PM »
Notice how when they see the beekeeper entering the street Wanda says "No" and the whole thing rewinds. She's in control of everything even if she doesn't fully realize it is what I suspect. The beekeeper may have been an outside agent that found a way in and either she pushed him back out or pulled him fully into the fake reality. Keep an eye out for the appearance of a strange new character in the next episode to coincide with a new person being pulled into the reality.

Speaking of new people:
and a subtle speculation being that the colorized SWORD copter I mentioned earlier in the bushes, may have been the entry vehicle of Monica Rambeau into the fantasy world

Good catch. I remember a helicopter in the "real world" shown in the trailer. I wonder if the real world clips will be showing parallel story 'flashbacks' showing the sword folks trying to enter Wanda's World.

Wasn't Strucker the guy who made Wolverine, or was that Striker? Or am I mixing up characters?
My Game Collection

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 19, 2021, 10:43:07 PM »
Baron Von Strucker was the Hydra guy that used the Mind Stone on Wanda and Pietro that supposedly gave them their powers.

remember the first time we see the twins in cells next to each other using their powers as a Capt America post credit scene or something.

I believe it was Striker that was involved with the Weapon X/Wolverine thing in X-Men.

And I believe you are very right that Wanda is in control... to an extent.
She created her TV Land "reality" for reasons unknown, and has the ability to alter how it plays out.

I think a question that needs to be asked is what would Vision be like if he was brought back to life w/o the Mind Stone... maybe that is the basis for what we see playing out in TV Land.
Wanda trying to get Vision back, recreate something that was lost, and doing it in what she has always thought to be the "perfect life" of the TV Land Family.

But I can't wait to see them start to sprinkle in the MCU reality in the up coming episodes.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 20, 2021, 09:12:12 PM »
I forgot that he was the guy who had the twins in a cage. What happened to him? Could he make a return in this show coming after Wanda's kids perhaps?

It makes me wonder what Vision would have been like if Shuri had succeeded in removing the Mind Stone from him. Maybe it was close enough that she attempts to rebuild what was damaged? It sounded like she was very close to getting there, close enough I thought they would find a way to bring him back in End Game.

There was a teaser for WandaVision planned for the end credits of End Game they axed before release, so this may have something to do with all that.
My Game Collection

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 20, 2021, 10:14:32 PM »
I believe Strucker was killed in AoU.
I think he was in that base Tony raised in the beginning

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 21, 2021, 12:30:47 PM »
Right, he was the "AI" in the computers (Or am I thinking of someone else from a scene in Winter Soldier)? Course, being an AI construct now means he could have been transferred or downloaded elsewhere, yes?
My Game Collection

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 21, 2021, 04:59:10 PM »
No, that was Arnim Zola, the scientist that helped Red Skull in the first Capt America movie that uploaded himself into a computer and was in the bunker in The Winter Soldier.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 21, 2021, 09:58:06 PM »
Whelp, my MCU knowledge seems to be getting rusty. Probably high time I re-watched some of the earlier stuff. Haven't seen AoU or Winter Soldier in a long while.
My Game Collection