NWR Interactive > TalkBack

Square Enix Sells Eidos Brand And Properties To Embracer Group In US$300m Deal

<< < (2/3) > >>

Luigi Dude:

--- Quote from: broodwars on May 02, 2022, 12:54:46 PM ---Or Square Enix's leadership is just insane and they really are looking for that quick digital hookers & crack money that are blockchains & Cloud AI, as they've said. That fits, too.  :rolleyes:

--- End quote ---

Wouldn't surprised me.  For Smash Bros, Sakurai talked about how one of the third parties was pretty difficult to work with having crazy mandates and even though he didn't name them, it's very obvious this third party was Square Enix.  The fact that Square Enix were being dicks about giving their own characters free advertisements in Smash Bros, a series that's literally bigger then any of their own kind of shows the thought process going on with the management of this company.

M.K.Ultra:
I have a question. How much, if at all, does this affect Nintendo gamers? Is Deus Ex on Wii U the last game from this studio to get released for a Nintendo console? Should we expect more or less Nintendo love from The Embracer Group. I would think with a name like that we would get more love of some kind  ;).

broodwars:

--- Quote from: Bungle4 on May 02, 2022, 06:30:45 PM ---I have a question. How much, if at all, does this affect Nintendo gamers? Is Deus Ex on Wii U the last game from this studio to get released for a Nintendo console? Should we expect more or less Nintendo love from The Embracer Group. I would think with a name like that we would get more love of some kind  ;).

--- End quote ---

From what we've seen the past few years, Embracer relies a lot on remasters. They're basically just a renamed THQ Nordic. Generally, their teams appear to be allowed to do their own thing. If Crystal Dynamics & the Eidos twins want to make a game on a Nintendo console, I doubt there's a mandate stating otherwise.

Mop it up:
Hm, Squarenix must be getting desperate for cash...

Shaymin:
Eidos (specifically the Montreal studio) also did the Guardians of the Galaxy game which is on Switch in a fashion, and the "Go" games (Lara Croft Go, Hitman Go) were at least at one time slated to come to Switch as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version