Community Forums > General Chat

The FaceBall 2000 16 years later thread...

<< < (30/34) > >>

Ceric:
Good question
I also wouldn't call this a MegaFailure.  The biggest problem was all involved with the weather.  Which none of us can control.

decoyman:
Hey, I made a photo-merge with two of Ceric's photos (since he took the shot, he couldn't be in it, so we took an extra:) ).

Glad to hear everyone made it back safe and sound. Just want to say that, even though we had weather issues, and the drive for many of us required marathon-like endurance (I spent literally an entire day in a car - 24 hours round-trip), I had an absolute blast. It was great meeting you guys, and playing tons of games. If we'd had an extra day, it would've been even better. As it was, though, I'm sttill really happy with the experience, and would do it again... after I recover from the drive. If the next one is any further away, I would have to consider flying, though;)...

I will see you guys online with Brawl after my crazy week is over... don't get too much better than me in the meantime though!

Edit: here's the pic...

NWR_DrewMG:
It certainly wasn't a failure - I think the biggest problem (weather aside) was a lack of time.  I think a Friday-Sunday trip makes more sense than a Saturday-Sunday trip, at least with as far as some of us were driving.  I do think tying it to some kind of a release makes it fun.  But we got there at 3:30, barely had time for a few games before we were off to dinner and WalMart for the entire night, and then had only the overnight hours to really get into some gaming.  There was some good gaming the next day too, but not for very long. 

So yeah, suggestions for next time from me would include:

1)  Friday evening until Sunday morning
2)  More informal tournaments amongst the group, if for no other reason than to keep the gaming a little more focused
3)  More distinct gaming setups - so that we're not switching around between systems on the different TVs.  There's a GC area, a Wii area, etc
4)  Umm... more people, I guess.

decoyman:

--- Quote from: DrewMG on March 11, 2008, 12:32:52 PM ---It certainly wasn't a failure - I think the biggest problem (weather aside) was a lack of time. 

--- End quote ---

I'll second this. Not a failure, let alone a "megafailure" :P (unless you mean that the main reason this event existed was the Faceball 16-player action, because we DID literally fail in finding enough people to play 16-player faceball, so it was only 9-player).

I want to see more pics. I'll post the ones I took later on, but darkheart, break yourself away from Brawl and upload some pics! :P

Darkheart:
Meeting up with you guys for a few hours alone doesnt amount to any failure more like Megaton Success~!

I will upload the group pic later today, since I came back I have been at school and work all day yesterday and today.  All I have on my camera is teh final group shot.  I didnt take pictures because everyone else seemed to be taking a lot.  Though I find it odd that most of Cerics pics are shots of me XD.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version