Author Topic: Mafia Party Day 6: Wario's Battle Canyon  (Read 9112 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Mafia Party Day 6: Wario's Battle Canyon
« on: March 20, 2010, 06:42:13 AM »
  •     Mafia Party Day 6: Wario's Battle Canyon

The players  immediately began working on starting the strange machine that is the  centerpiece of the Engine Room. As the players cooperated together people began  to notice that Wario was constantly cutting out on the work load for 'bathroom  breaks' and 'lunch time'. The other players began to get frustrated at Wario's  laziness as they were eager to finish the machine so that they could complete  the board. Many were getting worried that they would be next on Wendy's radar  and with her being the final Koopa Kid people knew the chances of the next  elimination being a wrong guess were great.
                But when  Wario was on his 5th lunch break that hour Rosalina lost her composure,  "Enough, Wario!" she shouted as her Lumas swarmed around he in an  agitated pattern, "Your breaks and constant shrugging off of  responsibility are disrupting our ability to progress and we have had enough of  it. It stops here!"
                Wario  barely looked at her and he shrugged his shoulders and began biting into his  newest sandwich he had created. Rosalina appeared like the wind had been  knocked out of her as she was not used to having her orders ignored. But Mario  stepped up to Wario. "She's-a right, Wario", Mario pointed out,  "This unconcerned behavior and all of the disappearances only makes you  look more suspicious to the rest of us. You need to shape up."
                Wario  merely grunted and turned away from Mario but Rosalina had begun to unwind and  she slapped Wario's hands, causing him to drop the sandwich, scattering it's  contents all over the floor. "First-a your useless badgering and now you  ruin-a my sandwich!" Wario raged, "Now-a your going to pay!"
                Mario and  Luigi both leapt upon Wario as he swung back his arm for an immense punch but  he flung them off like rag dolls. He leapt towards the princess but Rosalina  stood her ground. When Wario was just about to reach her a swarm of Lumas swept  out from behind Rosalina and swept Wario up into the air. Their sheer number  restricted Wario's movement and he began to flail in the air, tearing at them  and trying to throw them off. A great white light radiated from Rosalina as she  glared up the helpless Wario. "I believe I speak for all of us when I say  this is the end. We are done dealing with you and we will now see who you truly  are." At this the signaled the Lumas and several transformed into a  sling star that they used to fling Wario up  and into the great machine that the players had been working to restore. The  machine rumbled to life as the cries of Wario were heard from within. The  players all just stared speeches as they followed the cries as the traveled  through the mighty machine. They realized a major problem, the cries were  still that of Wario. The force of the machine should have been enough to  dispel the magical disguise that the Koopaling would have been using. Abruptly  the machine sputtered, failed, and shut down. No cries emitted from the  machine, all was silent. Luigi looked up to see Wario's purple cap flutter down  to the ground amidst them.
                While they were  still standing there the Lumas began to chatter in a frenzy as a bullet bill  tore through them and propelled itself towards Luigi. Too shocked to react  Luigi just stood petrified before his doom. Acting quickly the Lumas swarmed  around the Bullet Bill and formed a new sling star that spun about and launched  the Bullet Bill off away from Luigi, protecting him.
                As everyone  was recovering from the shock of the abrupt attack, Toadsworth arrived on the  scene. "Now that was quite a spectacle to see! I had no idea Lumas were  capable of such immense acts. What bravery they showed! Now I fear, as we have  just faced and barely escaped another attack, we must relocate to yet another  board. Please follow me to our next destination: erm..."He stumbled over at  the next word, "Wario's Battle Canyon".
                As they  were leaving Daisy came over to a now distraught Rosalina. "It's OK,"  Daisy consoled, "He was a big disgusting jerk anyway, and I'm convinced he stole two of my  stars today too."
                Luigi, who  was next to Daisy mumbled, "But you-a don't really know that Wario took  your-"
                "Quiet!" Shushed Daisy, "I'm  just trying to comfort Rosalina, I don't have a clue who took them. It better  not be you, buddy, or you'll be in the market for more than a new Tennis  doubles partner. Got it?"
                Luigi just  gulped and said nothing as they moved off the board.

~Summary~
    Dasmos (Townie) 28 coins and 1 star - Eliminated by vote
    Maxi (Luigi) - Protected from Mafia attack
    Boo stole 2 stars from Khushrenada for someone

~Final Tally~
    Dasmos - 7

~Remaining Players~
    Mafia - 1: The Godfather
    Townie - 5

Total Players Left - 6
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: Mafia Party Day 6: Wario's Battle Canyon
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 07:34:24 AM »
Well if this is the proof you need that I am a townie than up there is where it is.Someone tried to kill me last night. I have to think about what I am going to do.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 07:42:51 AM »
Looking at the votes yesterday there was 5 votes for Dasmos and 1 vote for stevey. Now there is 7 votes for Dasmos. This tells me two things.Everybody that voted for Dasmos had a normal votes except 1 who had a ballot box and stevey had a blue space.This absolves stevey from being Mafia.
The other option is that stevey had a red space and 2 people had a blue space.Either case stevey is not Mafia.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 07:59:55 AM »
I need to know if anybody has a protection space. PM me only if you do.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2010, 09:58:06 AM »
Boo stole 2 stars from Khushrenada for someone

Khush, I gotta ask--where'd you get all those stars?  Two, eh?  AFAIK, Windy O. Koopa didn't steal any stars--the mafia only made one successful hit (on UB) and he didn't have any stars.  Does this mean Khush can't be Godfather?

A couple things to consider:

First, we don't know all the special rules in place, so it may be possible for the mafia to get stars without successfully killing anyone.  (If we assume Khush is mafia, and he got a star for thatguy's efforts in the player list thread, could that star have been stolen by Boo last night or would it not be given to Khush until today?)

Second, when UB was killed he was listed as having 10 coins and 0 stars.  That seems like a small total for a day 5 death.  Why was UB so poor?  Did he have 0 stars in the end because 2 were stolen by the mafia?  I'd like some clarification from Stratos if possible.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2010, 10:21:43 AM »
Now let's examine the psychology behind the mafia hits to see if we can gleam any insight.

Night 1:  thatguy (already voted out)
Night 2:  vudu (protected)
Night 3:  UncleBob (protected)
Night 4:  UncleBob
Night 5:  Maxi (protected)

Obvious questions:

Why was UncleBob targeted a second time but I wasn't?  I was a confirmed townie on the second day, but the mafia doesn't seem to care.  Am I not considered a threat?  Maybe Khush is Godfather and he's keeping me around for the thrill of it--he's said before that he considers me one of his top rivals--is he toying with me?  Or maybe the Godfather just doesn't like me--it's more fun to kill your friends than people you don't care about, right?

Why did the mafia target Maxi last night?  Maxi, did you tell anyone you were protected last night?  I can see two possible scenarios:  First, if you told someone you were protected then that person obviously wouldn't have targeted you last night, so they must be innocent.  Second, maybe the godfather gets a special star for every protected hit that goes through; could explain why there have been so many of them.  I didn't tell anyone I was protected on night two; I don't know if UncleBob told anyone.

Why was UncleBob targeted twice in a row?  He didn't have any stars.  (Or did he?  See my question to Stratos above.)  Why was he such an important target?  Or was it simply the Godfather assuming he wouldn't be lucky enough to roll two protection spaces in a row?

Why was thatguy targeted by the mafia on the first day even though he was the favorite to be voted out?  I don't think Khush would have made such an amateur mistake.  Then again, Khush thinks outside the box--maybe he thought he could earn a special star by targeting someone who died in the day's vote?  (And for all we know he did.)

Lots of questions; no answers.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 10:23:48 AM by vudu »
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2010, 02:20:02 PM »
The only person I told I was protected yesterday was Khushrenada. I think it was near the end of the day.

Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2010, 02:21:48 PM »
Damn.  I was afraid I was going to lose my stars if the game didn't end soon. Nuts, nuts, nuts.

Well, stevey said he had a red space yesterday and that looks to be true. I had a blue space so my vote counted as double. What did everyone else have? Can our powers help us locate the final mob member?

VOTE GOLDENPHOENIX in the meantime.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2010, 02:36:46 PM »
I think I know what is happening with the star situation and Stratos results on if a person had a star at death.

Dasmos told me yesterday that he had 2 stars the results show that he only had 1 star left.

So here is what I think is happening. Wendy Koopa selects Dasmos to be hit. She finds him and takes the star than kills him.
This would explain why Dasmos has 1 star left.
Unclebob said in the dead thread that he had only one star. In the results the other day he only had 0 stars. The explanation above fits this scenario as well.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2010, 02:41:40 PM »
Stratos, can you confirm?

Dasmos told me yesterday that he had 2 stars the results show that he only had 1 star left.

Keep in mind that at the time of his death Dasmos had 28 coins.  It's possible that he told Stratos he wanted to buy a second star and just told you he had two stars because he thought he was about to.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2010, 02:46:20 PM »
He told me he was buying his 3rd star yesterday.He would of gotten it today if he was alive.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2010, 02:58:17 PM »
Well, stevey said he had a red space yesterday and that looks to be true. I had a blue space so my vote counted as double.

Anyone want to refute these claims?  If not, that means the only possibilities for Godfather are GP and Mop.  I think we're all leaning towards GP, but I'd like to avoid robbing someone of a victory this late in the game if at all possible.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2010, 04:01:28 PM »
I had a blue space too, so along with Khushrenada's, that accounts for the vote tally.

Vote GoldenPhoenix

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2010, 04:11:15 PM »
I hate to bring this up but I think my vote was nullified yesterday in the day thread because I voted for thatguy in the players thread.

I Wiimailed Stratos earlier about all these questions in the thread so I hope he comes online and answer them.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2010, 04:14:43 PM »
Sorry to post here, but we were joking, Maxi.  It wasn't nullified.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2010, 04:15:34 PM »
Why do you think your vote was nullified?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2010, 04:37:43 PM »
Sorry to post here, but we were joking, Maxi.  It wasn't nullified.
Wait a second. My vote wasn't nullified so that makes it that 5 people voted for Dasmos.

Let me do some math.
Mop it up said she had a blue space so that makes it 2.
Khushrenada said he had a blue space so that makes the total 4.
I only had 1 vote so that makes it 5. GP and vudu's vote make it 7 asuming that either of you 2 didn't have a blue space.
So GP and vudu what did you have yesterday?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2010, 05:49:38 PM »
I had a protection space yesterday.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2010, 08:27:39 PM »
Sorry about going MIA. My friend took his router for the day without telling me and we share internet and when I tried to connect at the coffee shop with my DSi I couldn't post messages or PMs.

I just got it back and have to head off to work.
My Game Collection

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2010, 08:31:15 PM »
In a quick response, people get different amounts of coins depending on their rolls.

Someone may have a lower amount if they just bought a star as they cost 20 coins.

Maxi, I was joking in the other thread. I was just jumping on the silliness that thatguy was insinuating. Just meant in good fun. I thought I sent you a PM clarifying that it was a joke. Apologies that is appeared otherwise.

Yikes. I'll comment more when I get off of work. I'll try to get a break and come over to answer more questions between 7 and 8 PST but no promises on that as boss may say no.
My Game Collection

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2010, 08:42:55 PM »
Stratos please don't joke about things like that. It is hard enough keeping track of the game without having to worry about things that may affect the game immensly that were not really fact.

God I hope you get back to answer the questions. there is about 5 hours and 15 mins till the end of the day.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2010, 09:56:59 PM »
Maxi, let it go. No one else is getting that troubled over things. It is really all very meaningless. Star stealing, coins, items, they are just distractions, side elements. Here's a tip to help you in future games and one that I follow as well. The point of the game is to eliminate the other side before they eliminate you. Every game hinges on that principle to win. As long as you remember that, little else matters. Powers, abilities, special roles, they are just methods of distraction and confusion and complication. Designed to take your focus off the real matter, voting out the competition.

I mentioned earlier how I've been burned a couple times because of games with different items or special abilities. The reason I've been burned is because I often don't pay attention to them. I'm just focused on eliminating that opposition. People accuse me of being mafia for not knowing the finer points of every game. But they don't matter a whole lot.

Take this game. I didn't really bother with asking questions about Boo or the rules and stars. All that matters is voting and eliminating the opposition. I made my pick and just went at.

So, if Stratos wants to make crazy rules involving the dead, if he wants to toss around different coin amounts and mention some points and hide some others, who cares? In the end, he has stated that the winners will get a star bonus that will make them victorious so all this ingame star stuff matters little. Moreover, the objective is still the same, we win by eliminating the mafia, they win the same way. Therefore, we still have to have to play the same and so do they. Despite the special abilities, the methods and behavior are stil the same.

However, if you do want to get to the heart of the matter, there are only two questions neccesary.

1. Do the mafia get dice rolls with abilities such as blue spaces and red spaces? Apparantly the answer to that is yes but it is worth another confirmation from the host.

2. If a player with a red space votes and a player with a ballot box changes his vote, does that vote count because of the ballot box or is it still ineffective because of the red space?

The answer to those two questions will solve the game. Simple and not requiring a bunch of answers and questions on every minor detail. Just focus on the basics needed.   
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 10:23:16 PM by Khushrenada »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2010, 10:40:08 PM »
While you haven't really been asking questions of the host I have been since the very first day.Different people have different playstyles so this isn't a knock against you at all.
The first question was the first question I asked of Stratos.

1.No the Mafia does not get abililtys in the game. I think I even mentioned it to you the other day.

2.For number 2 I unfortunatly haven't asked yet. But I will do so now.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 10:51:19 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline stevey

• Young HAWNESS
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2010, 11:47:34 PM »
3 confirmed townies
3 ugly girls
1 godmother
Khush is still alive without any protection garbage

I really don't like this possible that Khush might pull a mafia win complete out of his ass. Vote Khush
My Demands and Declarations:
nVidia is CRAP!!!
BOYCOTT Digest mode and LEGEND OF OO!

Your PM box will be spammed with Girl Link porn! NO EXCEPTION!
Wii want WaveBirds

Stevey Duff
NWR HAWTNESS Inspector
NWR Staff All Powerful Satin!

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2010, 12:09:26 AM »
Hmm who should I vote for?

Vote tally
Golden Phoenix-2
Khushrenada-1
Alexis, she/her/Miss