Author Topic: The COVID-19 Virus is Coming For Us All Thread  (Read 187764 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: The COVID-19 Virus is Coming For Us All Thread
« Reply #425 on: August 23, 2021, 03:20:54 PM »
More bad news out of Tennessee.... :(

Spreading like WILDFIRE through them kids 5-18yrs old.
https://wpln.org/post/tennessees-pediatric-covid-cases-are-through-the-roof-and-hospitals-are-feeling-it/

1400 new cases per day
16k in the last 2 weeks

I really hope most of them kids are asymptomatic

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: September 15, 2021, 04:24:48 AM »
The US ban on EU/UK residents is still standing (if a non-US resident have been to EU/UK in the past 14 days you cannot go to the US) and it looks like it's going to stick around to 2022. Ignoring all the politics, its fairly clear that they simply dont want to change anything right now (right now being all of 2021) for vague unspecified reasons.

They've completely flubbed *that* part, but because it affects everyone else they dont care about the negative attention it draws either.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #427 on: September 15, 2021, 06:18:02 PM »
Why would they want to come here anyway?

I know everyone has their reasons, but the US needs to get it's **** together.
those Non-US residents should say "I didn't want to go there right now anyway!!" then take off to some actual nice destination instead.

and I'm not sure if the EU/UK has it's **** together either, but I also just saw this report....

1 in every 500 U.S. Residents have died from COVID
https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/15/health/us-coronavirus-wednesday/index.html

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: September 15, 2021, 11:13:28 PM »
There have to be exceptions to that policy, because just from what I follow I know that would have blocked a ton of people from taking part in World Cup qualifiers that have been and continue to be played here.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #429 on: September 20, 2021, 02:25:53 PM »
For the record, I don't give a damn if you're vaccinated or not, as long as you exercise caution (wear a fucking mask) and respect the situation at hand (stay home if you sick)
(yeah, I know most don't care one way or another)

But Good Job California!!

Now let's Recall that Vaccine!!!

and then again there is this:
https://twitter.com/News12/status/1440008436989796352?s=20

COVID has killed as many Americans as the Spanish Flu (but it's not done yet)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 02:30:03 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #430 on: September 21, 2021, 03:39:55 AM »
Vaccine supply got off to a very slow start in Australia but things are picking up and it's now unofficially a race betweenn the states and territories.

My state is doing very badly. It is a source of great shame.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: September 22, 2021, 11:51:47 PM »
Well it happened...my sister tested positive for COVID. The anti-mask/vaccine/science sister. Apparently she thinks sending her husband to the store for various multivitamins will help and doesn't think it is worth testing her kids. Went through the whole gamut of emotions over it when I found out last night, especially how her kids could suffer. They are all such sweet children and don't deserve this. One thing is for certain, we are glad that we avoided all but one gathering she was a part of and had her and the kids wear masks around the baby (when we made it a condition to see her its amazing how easily she was okay with it when she saw we wouldn't be budging on the issue.

Just glad my mother is finally fully vaccinated (dad was months ago).

Now if only my employer would stop parading around like the pandemic is over and making mandatory return to work dates despite a growing voice of concern and dissent while claiming they are listening to employee concerns.

Its already turning into a headhunting situation as employees are asking about how to report others who are coughing in the workplace as if it were a new controversial law in Texas that paid a bounty for reports.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 11:54:40 PM by Stratos »
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: September 23, 2021, 07:09:31 PM »
For the record, I don't give a damn if you're vaccinated or not, as long as you exercise caution (wear a fucking mask) and respect the situation at hand (stay home if you sick)
(yeah, I know most don't care one way or another)
I both do and don’t care. These anti-vax/anti-mask chuckleheads are taking up ER and ICU beds then begging for the vaccine on their literal deathbed. There are reports of cancer patients not being able to get treatment because hospitals are full. What are y’all doing? They’re very clearly not exercising caution so now we have a bunch of dead kids and immunocompromised people.

At the same time, I’m simply not going to argue with those people. Then die, I guess. 🤷‍♀️ If at this point a frightening amount of people are STILL not taking this pandemic seriously then taking fucking horse dewormer when there’s a FREE vaccine available, what can you say or do? “I don’t know what’s in the vaccine.” I don’t know, man. Have you ordered from a restaurant, like ever? Think about it after you’re done shitting yourself in the middle of Walmart.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #433 on: September 23, 2021, 08:18:56 PM »
The problem with that last part is if the willingly unvaccinated keep passing the virus back and forth, it can keep mutating and eventually put us back in square 1.  But I'm honestly not interested in arguing with people on it anymore.  It's exhausting.  They often say **** like, "I need to see more data", but they never fucking look.  There is no such data that will satisfy them.  Then there are people who still spread or believe conspiracies about it, and I don't who's worse, them or the devout skeptic.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: September 23, 2021, 09:26:27 PM »
Oh, they’re not passing the virus back and forth. Them mofos are mostly straight up dying, and if they manage to survive, COVID apparently “lingers in the penis” causing erectile dysfunction and possible impotency. It may take longer than expected but as we transition from **** around to find out, the problem seems like it may eventually sort itself out.

By my estimation, the only group worse than the lazy cunts waiting for more data but never actually looking for it is the I-did-my-own-research conspiracy theory crowd who can get ALL the way fucked. And they will. Eventually. By COVID. Imagine having the audacity to believe lurking on Facebook or YouTube for confirmation bias videos is worth more than the research some scientists have spent their whole careers on, building off the knowledge and work of their peers and predecessors. I don’t wish ill will on anyone, but when these people die agonizing, completely preventable deaths, all I feel is:

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: September 24, 2021, 03:08:51 PM »
The even crazier thing is that statistically, there has to be a very small amount of people that are out of the loop. Like some people that go out only every 6 months to shop for supplies and then retreat back to their bunkers. It must be weird for them. Or not, in the states where they keep reversing measures they could not even notice because they only get out in intervals where things look normal.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: February 22, 2022, 12:16:50 PM »
Just got an email from HR today stating the current plan is to not return additional employees to the office prior to 08/31/2022. 🥳 However, “this is subject to change at any time.” 😒

The last I heard from one of the IT VPs is they plan to implement a rolling schedule for returning to the office. While she didn’t clarify everything, it sounded like we’d be split in groups that would alternate days. To me, this still doesn’t make any sense because most meetings would be via Zoom anyway. Going to the office was far more structured which I liked. However, COVID is still around. We’ve already spent nearly two years working from home. It’s fine; it works. I see no benefit to sharing an enclosed space with other people for eight hours. Why even risk it even if vaccinated/boosted folk likely won’t die? It isn’t even more cost effective.

The last two years have been a colossal flustercuck. How many people failed the group project? Personally, I haven’t stopped taking this seriously.
  • Last month, I found out cloth masks are ineffective against the newer variants (namely Omicron) because sure, why not? I bought N95 masks.
  • Philadelphia lifted its indoor mask mandate last week or so. I still wear it. Not getting even a cold last winter was the bomb dot com so I will always wear a mask when I physically have to go to a place.
  • I’m due for another booster in June. I won’t ever not get the booster.
How is everyone doing with the pandemic?

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #437 on: February 22, 2022, 09:10:30 PM »
I'm doing well. I'm still masking whenever I'm out and about. At my school, they've lifted the mask mandate, but I still wear mine as do a few students. I only take my mask off around people I'm going to be around for extended periods anyway.

I've also gotten used to not getting colds which I great. I save so much money on Dayquil. I somehow got an upper respiratory infection last year, but that wasn't so bad. I've gotten strep a few times and assumed that was it, but a doctor said differently.

That said, I still haven't tested positive for COVID. I don't test as often as I could, but I think I'll pick it up again once my toe heals up. It's a bit of a walk for me, and I'm supposed to stay off it.

I'm also looking forward to the next booster.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: February 23, 2022, 07:04:22 PM »
I've gotten covid twice...or once and a test later picked up the remnants of my prior exposure. Thankfully it had to have been Omicron since I didn't lose my sense of taste or deal with too many symptoms. I wore a mask at home to protect my infant daughter (who just celebrated her first birthday!) and she got a cold around that time but didn't seem to be covid. Sucks as a surgery I need was delayed because of the spike and the positive test.

Still WFH and I have my exemption good until the end Spring but I have no intention to return. Boss is okay with it and I've told him I will not even entertain it until my child could be considered for vaccination. Odds are I'll be at another job by the time they consider forcing me back as my boss basically said he wouldn't hold me to any attendance requirement while I felt uncomfortable.

Corporate is being weird about it again and celebrated the "return to office culture" and then cases spiked in our state and everyone was back home aside from a core few who have to work in-office or are weirdos or beholden to be present because of sucky middle management. They want to walk this line of talking up returning while its clear in the all-hands meetings there are plenty of dissenting voices pushing back.
My Game Collection

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #439 on: March 11, 2022, 12:23:06 AM »
My mom has hesitations about the vaccine as well mainly in part of the side effects and also she is an old hippy and she doesn't tend to like government involvement with some things.  She isn't opposed to getting it she just wants to see the effects of it after 6 months. She does wear a mask when she goes out but usually not walking from one place to another and really only in places that require it.   This worries me because she is older and I care about her a lot that she isn't taking the vaccine when it is accessable to everyone.  She would rather wait 6 months.  Also she isn't a POC so that isn't her concern as it pertains to herself.

I think after I get my second dose I am going to have her sign up for an appointment and then go with her to it.  Just for moral support.

Mega Update on this.

After a year from this post and researching what is the best vaccine(Its Pfizer), She got her two doses two weeks 6 weeks apart from each other and then after dealing with a lot of real life stuff like planning for our move to Mesa she got her booster.  I was there for moral support and to help her get to Walgreens for them. She has spine issues and neuropathy now. The Neuropathy is newish.

That being said I am happy she is taking care of her physical health and she has been going to weekly tai chi classes to keep her self mobile.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: September 11, 2022, 05:44:49 PM »
Everyone here in the pacific northwest USA is acting like it is over outside of medical facilities. My wife and I have even loosened protections a bit as well since our 16-month daughter has the first vax and getting the second dose in the next week. We still wear masks in crowded areas, but if it is less crowded or open air we are letting them go. We will be training our daughter to wear one soon because we want to do some travelling to see some family.

Washington State will be removing the Covid related state of emergency at the end of October so seems most people are pushing to move on now regardless of future risks.
My Game Collection