Author Topic: Kashogi's big book of adventure!  (Read 44937 times)

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
Re: Kashogi's big book of adventure!
« Reply #175 on: April 11, 2011, 07:01:15 PM »
Place holder for an endearing, yet incredible story of my trip to Miami for my B-day.

Hilariousness to come.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 12, 2011, 03:40:26 AM »
I hope there's bouncy castle.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 12, 2011, 05:51:00 PM »
Thanks to Perm, I just read both this thread and his thread and I got to say...

I think I'm going to keep this story to myself. There's too much of my life in here.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 12, 2011, 06:01:59 PM »
Damnit
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 19, 2011, 12:58:47 AM »
This has been my song ever since I first heard it the Miami. I wish I heard it sooner.

http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/search?q=skrillex%20kill%20everybody
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 01:02:38 AM by The Unagi »

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #180 on: April 12, 2012, 03:45:51 PM »
So next monday I'll be leaving for Qatar, my 28th country, to visit my mother, her sister and my cousins. I will also use it as a jump off point to go into Saudi Arabia and perform Umrah or "the lesser pilgrimage".

Umrah is when Muslims travel to visit Mecca and perform ritual acts that symbolize the deeds of Ibrahim (Abraham) and his wife. From circling the Kaaba, the building that Ibrahim built after being tested by God to kill his own son; to running back and forth between two hills to symbolize Ibrahim's wife's frantic search for water as she was about to die with her son Ishmael. We then drink from the well of Zamzam, the well that Angel Gabriel created by touching the tip of his wing to the ground. Finally, we symbolize Ibrahim's struggle against the Devil by throwing stones at three separate pillars. The Devil tempted him three times as he took his son to sacrifice, each time he rejected him. We then sacrifice an animal as he once did.

This takes place over the course of 10 days. Most of the time is spent reflecting on your life and your sins. It's hard not to when you are in the middle of the desert with pilgrims from all over the world, dressed in the only attire allowed (a hemmed white sheet, another hemmed white sheet pants, and sandals).

Many people from every background come to perform this act. Though not Hajj, the fifth and last pillar of Islam and the mandatory pilgrimage every able Muslim must take once in there lives, Umrah wipes your sins clear and allows you to be reborn.

Though I'm not the best Muslim, or person for that matter, I'm 25 years old now and I need a spiritual journey. Though I've disconnected from Islam and mostly been turned on to the power that resides in this world rather than those that are promised in the after-life, I feel like it would be a misstep if I didn't seek out my religion one last time in a substantial way.

I drink, I smoke, I sometimes eat pork (only if I'm really hungry), I've had premarital sex with several partners, I can be a heartache for family, I sometimes act selfishly, I sometimes act lazily, I steal almost everyday if you count torrentz (and I should), but I try to be honest, I try not to judge people, I try not to hate anyone, I try not to hurt anyone, I try to learn from everyone I see, I try to teach to everyone I see, and I try to help others.

I hope it is an enlightening trip.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #181 on: April 12, 2012, 05:38:29 PM »
Wow you learn something new every day.Didn't know anything about that ritual. I hope you have an enlightening trip over in Qatar and Saudi Arabia.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 14, 2012, 02:10:48 AM »
So I'm in Germany for a convention and it's cold. Really really cold. It's so cold that with one good whack my balls might shatter. It's so cold my dick gives new meaning to the term "black ice". It's good to be back but damn. Damn damn.

Another quality post by yours truly.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 14, 2012, 12:43:24 PM »
You should have come to Canada for some cold training.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 13, 2013, 07:47:24 PM »
I was randomly selected three times at the Frankfurt airport. Just be honest and say "Hey bro, hate to do it to you but you kind of look like you might blow some **** up." I'd take a second and realize that my hair is wild and bushy, my scarf is distinctly Arabian and I'm a foot taller than you and promptly agree.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 13, 2013, 11:34:31 PM »
So I'm in Germany for a convention and it's cold. Really really cold.
Heh. This december i went to press-conference with a cylcing team in my city and the weather was like this:

Poor italians and other europeans from the team, they never even knew such a cold exists.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 21, 2013, 05:14:01 PM »
In Sudan, was on one of the many bridges that cross the Nile enjoying the sights and sounds when a police truck clad in army fatigue, the bed over capacity with police men caring sticks, stops in front of a large group of men and women across the street. Half of them jump out. They start yelling something inaudible but what they're doing is clear. They are beating the living **** out of a person. Women scream as people begin to scatter. The man, now bloody but still conscious, is thrown in the back of the truck and they drive off. "What the hell just happened?!" I ask loudly to whoever is listening. A stranger answers, "He was smoking weed."