Author Topic: SPOILER ALERT: MCU Thread (Quantum-Ant-Man-ia)  (Read 237086 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: SPOILER ALERT: MCU Thread (Avengers Infinity War)
« Reply #150 on: September 25, 2018, 10:58:52 AM »
Don't forget that Odin not being in Asgard, and Loki neglecting his duties as "Odin" left the Dwarf Star Forge unprotected.
Thanos was then free to attack the Forge and force them to make him the Gauntlet w/o fear of Odin and the Asgardians interfering.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: SPOILER ALERT: MCU Thread (Avengers Infinity War)
« Reply #151 on: September 25, 2018, 06:42:31 PM »
Would be a fun twist if Thanos was in fact dead, but there was a sort of "astral shadow" of him still walking around due to the power of the gauntlet. It takes him having to realize/accept that he is dead for him to totally pass away.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
Re: SPOILER ALERT: MCU Thread (Captain Marvel)
« Reply #152 on: March 07, 2019, 11:58:15 AM »
Bumping for Captain Marvel spoiler conversations.
My Game Collection

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 08, 2019, 01:17:31 AM »
my daughter LOVED T!!!

she was laughing, excited, and even asked a question during a specific scene.

Maria: "Call me (???) one more time, and I'm gonna shove my foot where it don't belong"
Talos: ".....am I just supposed to guess where that would be!?"
edit:(My daughter: "Where is her foot gonna go!?
me: straight up his ass butt)

Goose was definitely a scene stealer. (my daughters favorite character in the whole movie)

I really liked the message they had for young women and younger people in general.
The "don't let them get you down, tell you your not good enough, and that you'll never be what you aspire to be" message. And they managed to not shove it down your throat. It was prominent enough that it was obvious to those old enough to understand it.

There was tons of action, a bit of a twist, and we got answers to several long standing questions whether you were asking them or not.
Loved how they kept teasing about Fury's eye. LOL
Eventually we'll learn how he lost it.... right. He will neither confirm or deny anything.... :.

fun times. I enjoyed it. It was a fun ride.
I know they changed the origin a bit, but Carol being powered by the Tesseract works for the MCU.

Also love that they setup the reappearance of Monica Rambeau.
I wonder if that's an Endgame cameo or a Phase 4 cameo.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 01:51:01 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 08, 2019, 01:20:49 AM »
Fucking great movie. That mid-credits scene was great...and shows you who is the character that's been hidden in the Endgame trailer.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #155 on: March 08, 2019, 01:24:35 AM »
my daughter LOVED T!!!

Did she ask to enlist in the Air Force?
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 08, 2019, 01:49:09 AM »
my daughter LOVED T!!!

Did she ask to enlist in the Air Force?

No... she asked where her foot was gonna go.
Kinda forgot to add that in the post. LOL

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 08, 2019, 12:49:15 PM »
Good fun film. I wish there were some better fights, it was great how she realizes what's holding her back, but I was hoping for a bigger fight against the AI. It just felt like a bunch of ass kicking, which is fine, but I would have liked a more expanded showdown for the film's climax. Though I did like how he challenged her "mano a mano" and she just pummeled him, similar to how Loki got pummeled by Hulk in the first Avengers.

Guess the fight with the AI will be saved for the sequel. I do wonder how a sequel would go, do we get an explanation of her helping the Skrulls find a home and her fighting the Kree/AI, or will it take place after Endgame? Both somehow?

Also curious where are Maria and Monica? It would be great to bring in Monica as someone like IronHart or another new hero in the future. I feel like she has a future in the MCU, and she was adorable.

I loved Fury and Carol's chemistry. Made me a little sad, because they would have been great together in a sequel. Not that it won't happen still, but I'm not sure how many more films Jackson will be doing.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 12:54:31 PM by Stratos »
My Game Collection

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 08, 2019, 03:00:14 PM »
Monica Rambeaux = Photon

Look her up. The next Captain Marvel I believe.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 08, 2019, 03:01:20 PM »
I reckon (and am hoping) the mantle of IronHeart will go to Shuri.   She's perfectly placed to suit up.  She's got the brains, the tech, the materials, the facilities and now the motive to take over from Stark when if/he's written off in Endgame.  We also don't know if she was dusted so she may still be alive.

As for my thoughts on Captain Marvel.  I had a great time with it.  As is the general consensus, it certainly wasn't Marvel's best but it was a great romp and it was fun seeing someone so OP just go to town breaking stuff.  She did seem to be a bit emotionless at times but given the fact she has amnesia and is constantly chastised for displaying emotion I think it works well.

Some nice surprises in it too.  The opening Marvel Studios logo thing was a very nice touch.  Some very audible 'awwwwws' from the majority of patrons in my showing.  Nice to see the origins of the quinjet.  And of course the life and death battle where Fury lost his eye.

They handled the cat quite differently in this.  In the comics the cat is actually Carol's.  Yet here they just stumble upon him and he just tags along.  Which is fine I guess but I was hoping Carol would have had a bit more time with Goose.

I think it also would have been a fun fan moment to see Carol in the traditional black swimsuit leotard thing with the yellow stripe in one of her flashbacks, relaxing by a pool or something.  Also, sad to see the sash didn't turn up. 

As for the post credit scenes.  Talk about drumming up Endgame hype.  Many gasps as all of the main Avengers suddenly appeared on screen, then many more when Carol turned up.  (That's why I love going to the earliest possible showing. All the die hard fans are there, really invested in the movie and the atmosphere in the cinema is charged, really enriching the experience.)  They could have improved the last one though.  When Goose spat up the tesseract it should have knocked something expensive off the desk.  Since that's what cats do afterall.

Going again this afternoon for a second viewing.  Then it's the loooong wait to Endgame. 

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #161 on: March 09, 2019, 08:48:54 PM »
Just watched it.  Great movie.  I was most impressed with how they got the crickets in the Louisiana scenes.

Very nice that they set up Monica Rambeau to be in future films since she'd be 20+ years older, so right around the age where she could start caping up in Phase 4.

The mid credits scene was perfect.  While I kinda expected her to make more of a grand entrance in endgame, that scene was just the best.

One of my favorite moments from the film was when everyone was sitting around waiting for the audio to load on the computer. Fury was just being patient while Captain Marvel was like "WTF?".  I laughed that whole time.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #162 on: March 10, 2019, 06:14:21 PM »
I watched Captain Marvel the other night and I enjoyed it a lot.  The start of the movie was a little odd and I felt out of place in it but that was probably intentional for the 3rd act and how that all played out.    Something felt off when Vers went and talked with the Kree Supreme Intelligence and that device on her neck changed her mind and she went off and did her mission.

When Vers got dropped on Earth it was like I was transported back to the 90s and the tone was pretty funny with everything.  I do like the buddy cop theme between Fury and Vers once they got going.

I do think what they did with the Kree refuges was interesting and it subverted my expectations from Secret Invasion. Although it kinda went along with it in that in this and Secret Invasion they both needed somewhere to live but in Captain Marvel it was handled differently.

When I was talking with my friends the other night about the movie I asked them if Fury had that cat in the previous movies in the MCU and they said he didn't so I am kinda wondering where the cat went between the end of Captain Marvel and the first Iron Man.   Kinda interested in that. 

The mid credit scene tied into some of the Endgame trailers I saw and I was like that is so cool and glad to see Carol in Endgame.

Finally I want to say I like how the third act was resolved versus Yon-Rogg. He tried to bargin out of actually fighting Captain Marvel when she was full binary and tried to get her to fight him on his terms but she said "I have nothing to prove to you" to take back the power he had over her from the first act.  Nicely done.

Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 10, 2019, 11:42:29 PM »
I liked Captain Marvel a lot. When I rewatched both Black Panther and Ant-Man and the Wasp, I realized they were better the second time (more so the former). I got to appreciate it for what it was, not what I wanted it to be. I think my problem was I kept expecting them to be better than previous MCU movies or to show me something I’ve never really seen before which isn’t completely fair though it would be nice. That said, I went into Captain Marvel with a different mindset so that’s probably why I enjoyed it more.

The filmmakers did an excellent job with Carol’s arc. No complaints there. And an important note is that Captain Marvel wasn’t upstaged in her own movie like Black Panther and Ant-Man (though at least The Wasp was in the title). Brie Larson did a great job. She had amazing chemistry with Samuel L. Jackson. Speaking of, it was good to see him in a substantial MCU role again. I was a bit disappointed that Phil Coulson wasn’t in it as much, but I’m just nitpicking. The writers made smart choices, more importantly the right ones for the movie. Coulson is in this as much as he needs to be in this.

They nailed the 90s. The loading joke was *chef kiss*. Stan Lee’s cameo is probably his smartest cameo in any Marvel movie even though it completely breaks the universe. He’s reading the script for Mallrats and presumably playing himself in that movie which now exists in the MCU. What would Stan Lee be famous enough for to have a cameo in Mallrats? It’s a joke that’s just worth having despite being completely illogical like the X-Men appearing in Deadpool 2.

I really liked the slow build up and how Captain Marvel didn’t just go wild with her powers. They’re playing the long game. You can’t just go full Man of Steel in the first movie. You never go full Man of Steel because you write yourself into a corner and then make Batman v Superman. It would have been nice if Ronan the Accuser did something this time except he didn’t, and they just teased him doing things which felt like a waste since we know he dies in Guardians of the Galaxy.

My only major problem was how the Starforce/Kree soldiers just wouldn’t use their guns at the end of the second act. They’re just not shooting Fury, Maria, and the Skrulls. “Eject them into space.” Why? Just shoot them. I don’t understand why they won’t just shoot.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 12, 2019, 01:31:37 AM »
Stan's parts really don't need to be logical. The fact that he's been able to cameo in Fox Marvel, Disney Marvel, and Sony Marvel is enough to know he is Stan the Man.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: March 12, 2019, 02:42:29 AM »
I would definitely not say that this movie has ruled out a Secret Invasion story at all.  This is 25 years prior to current events. And who's to say that the Skrulls were honest with them and aren't the bad guys after all?  I don't think we have any guarantee that all the skrulls that ended up on earth actually left.  There was a whole frigate thing in earth's orbit with many ejection pods after-all. Surely more than Director Krennik's pod landed.

I wouldn't at all be surprised if a big Skrull curve-ball is pitched our way sometime in the next phase or two.  If anything, this set up is a stroke of genius because if they do go that path one day it'll make the reveal far more powerful.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #166 on: March 12, 2019, 04:26:51 AM »
Captain marvel did a dookie in her panties.
Made you look ****.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #167 on: March 12, 2019, 04:27:17 AM »
It's very stinky send help!
Made you look ****.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #168 on: March 12, 2019, 04:28:13 AM »
Only real gripe with the movie is the skrull are good guys like wtf.
Made you look ****.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #169 on: March 12, 2019, 01:47:49 PM »
I would definitely not say that this movie has ruled out a Secret Invasion story at all.  This is 25 years prior to current events. And who's to say that the Skrulls were honest with them and aren't the bad guys after all?  I don't think we have any guarantee that all the skrulls that ended up on earth actually left.  There was a whole frigate thing in earth's orbit with many ejection pods after-all. Surely more than Director Krennik's pod landed.

I wouldn't at all be surprised if a big Skrull curve-ball is pitched our way sometime in the next phase or two.  If anything, this set up is a stroke of genius because if they do go that path one day it'll make the reveal far more powerful.

This is a good point.  If the Skrulls were still the villains at the end, then there would always be the question of "Well, did they get all of them?".  But since they're shown as the victims, you wouldn't really have any reason to suspect any of them would still be on earth.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 12, 2019, 02:58:35 PM »
I mean, they're an entire race of beings. Just because some are sympathetic and or heroes, it doesn't rule out the possiblity of bad ones coming in the future.  Heck, the fact they're sympathetic may give rise for great storytelling of refuges just doing whatever it takes to make a home for themselves.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #171 on: March 13, 2019, 03:40:34 AM »
I have been watching the New Rockstars YT channel for several months and they tend to do these full movie breakdowns for the MCU and DCU movies. Well worth a watch.

For BnM.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPXDl-HRjlk
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 13, 2019, 11:49:44 AM »
Stan's parts really don't need to be logical. The fact that he's been able to cameo in Fox Marvel, Disney Marvel, and Sony Marvel is enough to know he is Stan the Man.

The best part was how she looked at him, and gave that knowing half-smile. I like to think she could tell he was a Watcher and thought "Don't worry, your secret is safe with me".
My Game Collection

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 13, 2019, 09:10:00 PM »
Pretty sure the intentional focus on Talos's daughter seeing him I'll the Kree soldier will end up having a huge impact on the Secret Invasion storyline. My assumption is you won't see the Skrulls again until the post credits scene of Captain Marvel 2.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 17, 2019, 07:27:23 PM »
Skrulls could still go bad. Maybe the next generation of Skrulls are jerkish. These things happen in cycles.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post