Author Topic: NBA Thread: Brought To You By The Tampa Bay Raptors Of Toronto  (Read 674515 times)

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
What even was that at the end of regulation? George Hill misses a go ahead free throw because he’s weak, his bloodline is weak, and he will not survive the winter. Then, J.R. Smith gets the offensive rebound three feet away from the basket, doesn’t pass to a wide open LeBron James, and dribbles out to the three point line because reasons. Did he like not know the score or time left in the game?

That was hella sloppy, Warriors. They’re pretty lucky LeBron James is playing with Kevin Love and a bunch of holograms.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Somebody is going to get their teeth knocked out by the end of this.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
Durant played terribly and got bailed out by that replay. This team has pissed me off so much this year. I don't even feel good after this win. 
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
This game NEVER should have been this close. the Cavs could barely break 95 against the Celtics... we know we are better defensively, but we didn't put the clamps on them like we should have.

Lucky for the Cavs, Lebron went for 50+ tonight to just barely lose.
OT was the Warriors lucky break here. Hopefully they come out to win in game 2-4 and not play games thinking they "got this".

edit: I just rewatched the end of the regulation again. Lebron was SOOO PISSED at JR. LOL
I feel like that was probably the 1 chance they had to steal one in Oakland. I don't think Dubs gonna let Lebron go for 51 again. No none else on the Cavs are close to good enough to fill in that gap though.

edit2:
also just rewatched the end of OT.... smh
TT got that flagrant 2.... EJECTED and then hit Dray in the face with both the ball and his hand... smdh possibly suspended for game 2.
but it gets worse. K.Love walked onto the floor... leaving the bench during the skirmish. He could be suspended for Game 2 as well. smmfh Cavs are royally fucked for game 2 in Oakland.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2018/06/01/nba-finals-could-tristan-thompson-suspended-game-1-skirmish/662604002/

But on a positive note, both JR and Javale are making #Shaqtinafool
- Javale with the uncontested, all alone under the hoop Rimjection of his dunk. LMAO. dumbass

- JR Smith with the rebound next to the rim with 3 seconds left in a tie game, dribbles out and realized they haven't won so tries to make a last second pass to the baseline corner 3 since he already missed an open LBJ at the top of the key for a game winning shot.

With a bonus Appearance for TT
- Getting a flagrant 2 ejection and possible next game suspension in the last 2.7 seconds of OT for a game you've already lost, and possibly getting K.Love suspended for next game as well because he had your back but you had to act a fool cause you mad you lost

and this is only Game 1 of the NBA Finals.
everyone thought this would be boring. The Rivalry is Real.
Even Lebron shoved Curry near the end, he and Curry were exchanging words, Klay got involved. TT was following them around like Lebrons pitbull... he was obviously looking to get into some ****, which is what led to the incident above. Gm2 gonna bit LIT AF too. just watch
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 08:59:05 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 09:08:22 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
WOW, that game.  I knew the Cavs wouldn't be able to cut it in OT.  Can't believe JR blew it.

As for the end of OT, the best you can say for TT is that it technically may not have been a punch?  But that's stretching it.  And then Kevin Love was close enough to the bench to be pulled back by an assistant coach, so maybe he can skirt by?  Otherwise, it's looking like a 40 point blowout in game 2.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
It would be a complete double standard but also entirely expected if Tristan Thompson and/or Kevin Love don’t get suspended given that bullshit the NBA pulled with Draymond Green in the 2016 Finals. Game 2 is a waste of time if the Cavs lose their second best player.

The ramifications of Smith’s foible would then have even greater ramifications. It wouldn’t have changed the outcome of the series because the Warriors are a much better team. This could be a straight up sweep instead of the Cavs taking home court advantage and not potentially losing two players.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
I rewatched the K.Love thing.

He wandered on the court during the mess that was TT getting the Flagrant 2 Ejection, and an assistant quickly pulled him back to the bench as soon as TT started going at Dray.
I don't think they'll suspend that for him since he didn't come off the bench during the skirmish, but was already wandering on the court before it started.

Is it technically a rule violation....?
I don't know the exact wording, but if it's something like "not being in the game but being on the court when an altercation takes place" then... I guess the league gotta do what the league gotta do.

Cavs will be screwed in Gm2. Nance will get his chance to start though. Not sure who covers for Love. He's a rebounding machine and an outside threat. Also the only other Cav in double digits... w/ 21pts. Korver is too big of a defensive liability if his shot isn't immediately passing through the hoop

edit: There is no way TT doesn't get suspended for the next game.
He assaulted another player on the court with the ball and his "fist" to that players face AFTER being ejected for an aggressive Flagrant 2 on a shooter avoiding a 24 second violation at the end of the game.

If Dray could get suspended for a call that wasn't made after the game was over 2 years ago, then TT should absolutely be sidelined and shipped back to Clevelend early for what he did.
K. Love should be fine though.... I think.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 12:31:31 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
I still see Draymond's finals suspension as a make up for his non-suspension during the OKC series, but I see your point in the TT situation.

I feel really bad for LeBron.  Don't think he stays after the season.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
I still see Draymond's finals suspension as a make up for his non-suspension during the OKC series, but I see your point in the TT situation.
The NBA shouldn’t get to make up for it though. Either suspend him when it’s appropriate or don’t. The action that got Draymond Green suspended didn’t make any sense, and LeBron James didn’t get any penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct when he stepped over Green. I get the idea that the NBA was trying to milk that series, but it puts a stain on the league. Letter of the law states you cannot leave the bench. Love was on the court when he shouldn’t have been and he kept walking towards the scuffle before an assistant coach pulled him back. The rule is silly, and it previously wrecked an entire series, but unless the NBA gets rid of it, I think it should be followed.

Anyway, Kevin Love is apparently not suspended according to an ESPN source. No word on Tristan Thompson yet.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 05:24:55 PM by Adrock »

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
During an altercation, all players not participating in the game must remain in the immediate vicinity of their bench. Violators will be suspended, without pay, for a minimum of one game and fined up to $50,000.

He has to leave the "immediate vicinity" of the bench, which is loose enough to merit the no suspension.  Also, I saw someone pointed out that he was standing on the court when the shot went up, well before the altercation.

I'm glad they didn't suspend him.  Hopefully that makes Game 2 better than it would've been.  I like the "spirit" of the law being followed in this case since the point is to prevent full on brawls, and there's no way Kevin Love was about to throw hands.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile

JR ain't ever living this moment down. LOL
"I knew we were tied"

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
The basketball fan in me is glad Kevin Love wasn’t suspended because it means we get a better Game 2. The side of me who thinks that rule should be abolished because it sucks wants it followed to the letter until the NBA realizes how much it sucks and gets rid of it. Back in 2007, Amare Stoudemire and Boris Diaw got suspended even though they didn’t escalate the situation, but they left the vicinity of the bench. Same with Kevin Love. He’s past the three point line. I don’t like the idea of following the spirit of the law because then the NBA gets to cherry pick.

I think it’s good to have a rule though it should be more about escalation than simply leaving the bench area. If a player on the bench walks a little on the court to pull one of his own guys away, sure.

JR ain't ever living this moment down. LOL
"I knew we were tied"
That makes this situation so much worse. Smith even got a rebound with 7’0” Kevin Durant in front of him.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
I am expecting maybe a 4- 6 game series. Either going to be a sweep by Golden State or something a bit more interesting.   I am rooting for the Cavs though partly because of Clarkson and Nance because they were Lakers and I feel for LeBron as this might be his last series as a Cav.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Iggy is doubtful for gm2, so it'll be interesting to see if the Dubs can manage to slow down Lebron while continuing to keep the rest of the Cavs relatively neutralized.

I always figured Dubs in 5, but seeing how the Cavs were playing previous to this, and knowing that there is NO WAY Lebron can play at 100% effort and all 48 minutes for EVERY GAME, I was hoping for a clean sweep.

Nance is ok, but Clarkson is trying to hard to become the man.
He has talent, but he ain't gonna be Lebron's Kyrie, not this season.... and not next season either, becuase Lebron will be in Philly. LOL

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Another NBA record for Curry and The Warriors
Most 3 Pointers made in a Final game = 9

and we need some pre-game HYPE intro's like they used to do back in the day. Sell you on the drama, recap the road to the moment, point out the little fueds throughout the season, etc etc

Here is someone's mock up for last years finals. It's still relevant today, but he NBA on NBC theme really takes you back though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guM04bMHuBc

Finals MVP Curry is coming for his crown.
Lebron just couldn't hoist his whole team up on his shoulders to carry them to the finishline this time. The man is tired. Outside of Love, and tonight, Hill.... most everyone else was just there to fill in the 5 needed on the court.

I still don't get how TT wasn't suspended for his actions in last game though. He got ejected, and before leaving the court, started another altercation that was deserved of another flagrant 2 for being a purposeful blow to another players head... but they somehow downgrade the initial Flagrant 2 to a F1, and then completely dismiss the ball/hit to Drays face.
I mean I don't really care if TT is on the court or not, but I think it sets a bad precedent to let that slide, because if that was Draymond, we all know he'd be missing at least game 2, if not gm3 as well.

But whatever.... 2-0 headed to Cleveland.
This game went exactly how we expected gm1 to go.
Let's hope the Dubs can win gm 3 in CLE and not let Lebron back in this series.

edit:

edit2:

If you all want to know why the Cavs didn't really compete in OT of Gm1 and why Lebron looked like he just didn't have 110% to give in game 2....
https://twitter.com/RohanNadkarni/status/1003493390175129600

He left it all on the court in regulation of Gm1. Finding out they had a TO they didn't use literally broke his spirit. A man surrounded by incompetencies. He knew that was their 1, best and probably only chance to win one in against this team (in Oakland... during the first 2 games)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 03:52:04 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
That mockup intro was great. I still remember the NBA on NBC theme. I’d love for them to bring back the intros on ABC or TNT, but maybe we’re just old and out of touch. I read an article a couple months ago where a lot of younger fans just watch the recap on YouTube. No, it’s the children who are wrong.

Anyway, the three pointer Curry made to beat the shot clock pretty much sums up how this game went for the Cavs. Outside of James and Love, the Cavs were hard to watch. I can’t believe Coby Altman was talked into not only taking Jordan Clarkson but giving up a draft pick too.

Warriors fans chanting “MVP” whenever Smith did anything last night just opened Pandora’s Box. I’ve seen fans cheer when a player on an opposing team messes up, but chanting “MVP” is next level trolling. I feel like we’re going to start hearing that more and it’ll lose its impact.

I think there’s a reasonable chance the Warriors drop Game 3. Not because of any adjustments Tyronn Lue makes. The Warriors just get bored. If they’re going to lose a game, Game 4 would be better. I’d rather see a sweep so this awful series can be put out of its misery.

Also, I was wondering where that Twitter video was going. I thought, why am I still watching this? Then 1:41 happened.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 12:19:07 PM by Adrock »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
The MVP Chant was pretty funny. along with the standing ovation at JR's intro before the game.
Every Warriors fan realizes that we got so damn lucky that 1st game, and we all know who to thank for being an idiot. It won't carry over to Cleveland though.

I also think that while the Cavs will play better at home, and Lebron might renew his efforts back to a Herculean level, I think this is when KD will step up and dismantle their defense from the midrange while Curry and Klay stay alive from 3. Hopefully if they must drop one game for the gentleman's sweep, it's game4, and Lebron will know it's a mercy game meant to bring it home to Oakland.

Also that Twitter vid.... Lebron looked like he was about to cry. He literally had a career performance where he left all he had on the court, after hoisting his entire team on his shoulders.... and is let down by incompetent people all around him... but he has no one to blame but himself, as the coach he put in place didn't request a time out. The player with the ball that he insisted be overpaid didn't know what the score was and ran out the clock instead of putting the ball in the hoop for the win.
I'd  have more sympathy for him if this wasn't a mess of his own design.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
That mockup intro was great. I still remember the NBA on NBC theme.

As well you should. That song was "Round ball Rock", composed by John Tesh. Still a fantastic song.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 12:19:10 PM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
I feel worse for James than you do because most role players on a championship team get overpaid. Also, the Cavs front office J.R. Smith’d twice last summer, they played chicken with the Pacers to get Paul George and lost, Kyrie Irving found out then they traded him rather than weather the storm. If the Cavs had either George or Irving, this series wouldn’t be such a nightmare for James. Maybe Irving still needs surgery, but they didn’t know that. I’d take those chances. Instead, they turned a top 20 player into George Hill, Rodney Hood, Jordan Clarkson, and Larry Nance Jr.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Is the failed PG trade the reason Kyrie wanted to jump ship? Were they attempting to trading Kyrie for PG13?

I've heard several reasons of why Kyrie demanded a trade, but nothing ever definitive as the official reason.
Had they still had Kyrie, they would have made quick work of the East. Add PG to that, and we have a series that's going 7... Maybe.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
Nothing official, but I follow the Lakers so I’ve pretty much heard every Paul George trade rumor.

1. According to The Athletic’s Jason Lloyd, there was a three way trade between the Cavs, Suns, and Indiana that would have netted the Cavs Paul George and Eric Bledsoe. That fell apart when Dan Gilbert let David Griffin walk.

2. According to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski, Indiana wanted Kyrie Irving for Paul George straight up, but the Cavs rejected that “several times.”

3. According to ESPN’s Dave McMenamin, the Cavs front office, coaches, and team support staff met to discuss Irving’s future. Irving heard about the meeting, felt expendable, and requested a trade a couple weeks later.

The Cavs wouldn’t have had Paul George and Kyrie Irving as any trade involved both players never had hem going to the same team. In any case, George and Bledsoe would have been a hell of a lot more entertaining than the dumpster fire LeBron tries to put out every night the Cavs roll onto the floor.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
The Cavs wouldn’t have had Paul George and Kyrie Irving as any trade involved both players never had hem going to the same team. In any case, George and Bledsoe would have been a hell of a lot more entertaining than the dumpster fire LeBron tries to put out every night the Cavs roll onto the floor.

LMAO

Ok gotcha, I think I heard some of that. Kyrie heard about a failed trade, and then demanded one to a contender or something.
Bron and PG might have been interesting. add in Bledsoe and yeah, this series would be so much better. The Cavs in general would have been so much better.

So PG to the Lakers? or is there any chatter about him sticking it out in OKC one more year?
I heard something about him blaming their failed playoff run on missing Roberson, and possibly riding out OKC for 1 more year....

edit: One thing I do know about the off-season....
With all the Front Office drama with Colangelo in Philly, Lebron must be watching that real close right now.
If he can get his guy in the front office, and then take his talents there.... 76ers become the new "guaranteed" path to the Finals in the East.
I don't know how many are on the Bron to Philly train, but that's where I've stacked my chips since months ago. Perfect opportunity for him to come push his influence over how the organization is run.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 03:00:33 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
I’ve heard that rumor. I can’t see that happening. Westbrook’s supermax contract makes improving the team so much harder and one Roberson is not moving the needle. Unless George can get more help, he’s ultimately deciding where he’s more comfortable not winning a championship.

Most people think Paul George to the Lakers is a forgone conclusion. If he wants an easier path to a winning team, there are better options because he’d have to convince James to join him this year and/or Kawhi Leonard next year. I heard the Rockets are going to make a run for George if they can’t land James, but either scenario requires a sign and trade, and no one wants Ryan Anderson’s contract. I think he ultimately signs with the Lakers, but among the teams with cap space this offseason, the Sixers make the most sense for him as far as fit.

I try to be a reasonable Lakers fan. One Paul George isn’t turning the team into a contender. George AND James would, but I’m not convinced they’re better than the Warriors. Some Lakers fans are trying to push the narrative that Kevin Durant is in play because he doesn’t like being the fourth favorite Warriors player, and he wants to lead a team. The only way I see Durant leaving is mental fatigue. The Warriors get bored, and they’ve shown signs of it all year. And even then unless he really, really wants to mentor Brandon Ingram, I see no reason why the Lakers would be his first option. Sometimes the worst part about being a Lakers fan is dealing with other Lakers fans.

Sorry, I heard that nonsense Durant rumor again today, and I just needed to get that off my chest.