Author Topic: NBA Thread: Brought To You By The Tampa Bay Raptors Of Toronto  (Read 681656 times)

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
I thought the Sixers almost had it there up four with like a minute and a half left. Oh well.

Go Warriors.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Sixers were just too green. Too many stupid turnovers. They gonna be a good team next year too tho. So 2nd round into the playoffs after running #TheProcess for the last however many years, I think they were a success.

But Yes, Warriors in 4, then Warriors in 4 again.
Back2Back

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
Kawhi Leonard was spotted at a Dodgers game after not even bothering to join the Spurs on the bench during the playoffs. Magic Johnson is part-owner of the Dodgers and president of basketball operations for the Lakers.

At least try to be a little less transparent, guys.

Jeanie Buss better start writing another tampering check to the NBA.........

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
So the Cavs thought they were gonna come into Boston and and sleep walk over this young team...
Lebron and the Cavs ended up getting their teeth kicked in with both Boston Feet, and never recovered.

I'm still not sure if I want my Warriors playing this squad. LOL
they just continue to march on with or without a general. Gonna have to call the the Boston White Walkers.
Hopefully the away team can do much better tomorrow. Walk into Houston and steal 2 games ;)

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
I really wish other teams had gotten into the Final 4. At this point, it's all teams that have won NBA Championships before, especially the Cavs & Celtics. Kind of boring at this point, though by the old code I suppose I have to support the Rockets since they're the team that beat my team.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
You really want to see Harden and CP3 chip?

I tried to get excited for how good the Rockets were this season, and followed them to see how much of a threat they are, but I just can't stand watching Harden play baiting for BS fouls, and CP3 flop for calls. And the worst part about it is that Harden does it so effortlessly and obviously, yet the refs still call it. Every. Fucking. Time.
I want them to get swept at home, and then finished off in Oakland. and not just because I'm a Warrior fan, but because I despise Harden's game. I'd root for whoever was against him.

Watching him sit down on the court and give up while the game was still going against the Spurs last year was great. I want to see it happen again. We got great strip clubs in SF too Harden, I'l show you where to party this year when you come visit. LOL

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
You really want to see Harden and CP3 chip?

Hell no. I hate that stupid beard (and his tendency to fake Superstar fouls) & I've disliked Chris Paul since the Deron Williams days. I've never liked the Cavs, and I like the Celtics even less than usual because of  Hayward.

At the same time, though, I just can't get excited over the Warriors. From what little I've seen, there's not all that much difference between them & the Rockets. I'm sure they're a fine team, but they just don't interest me. Plus, California gets enough Championships, thanks.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Better Cali to get one more than let the Rockets have ANYTHING at all. LOL
Warriors have lucked themselves into one of (if not) the best teams in NBA history. This may never happen again. It's best we all just sit back and enjoy it while we got it. Literal Game Changing team here (and that was before Durant...  Durant just broke the NBA by adding himself) that plays to win on both ends of the court.

We can hope for a Dubs Celts matchup. I'm ok with Lebrons streak being broken.
But I think the Cavs would be the more predictable and therefore easier matchup.
Brad Stevens is doing way too much over there in Boston. LOL

and I feel like if the Celts made the Finals, suddenly Kyrie would be feeling better by game 4. Possibly even Hayward by game 6 (assuming it made it that far). Could be exciting from a fan perspective
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 09:57:59 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline segagamersteph

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
The Celtics are still going, that's all that matters for me right now. Just hope they can sweep the Cavs.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
This is the only series I’m actually supporting the Cavs. I’ve been conditioned to dislike the Celtics. I fell off the NBA wagon in the late 90s, just tuning in every once in a while. I was sick of seeing the Lakers on TV and winning all the time. Weirdly, I didn’t get back into it until the Lakers and Celtics met in the Finals in 2008. If you’re even a casual basketball fan, you pay attention to Lakers vs. Celtics. I picked the Lakers because my dumb cousin used to be obnoxiously into Larry Bird’s Celtics (who almost always beat the Sixers back then). The Lakers lost that Finals and I was like, “Well, I guess I’ll follow the Lakers now.” That’s literally the only reason I’m a Lakers fan. I know it’s silly. It’s just as arbitrary as everyone else’s fandom.

Still, I’m supporting the Warriors to win it all this year because every other choice is.......... not great. Golden State is the only team I can’t find something I dislike besides maybe Draymond Green’s antics. How can anyone not like the Warrior’s system? After this year, I just want to see some other team in the West eliminate the Warriors. I don’t like any team winning all the time, even teams I like. That’s boring. I follow certain teams, but I’m more of a basketball fan in general. I want competitive play in most cases.

Not Warriors vs Rockets though. I want a sweep, four straight blowouts. I don’t hate the Rockets, but something about them just rubs me the wrong way.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
::HIGH FIVE::

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
Yes, all according to plan.

Offline segagamersteph

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
I can see that Adrock. Me, I am not that complicated. I am a Bulls fan through and through. Once they are out, I revert to hating any team from the Midwest that isn't the Bulls. Right now that's the Cavs. I want it to come down to West coast versus East coast, for that to happen it has to be Celtics vs. Golden State. Plus, Stever Kerr played for my beloved Bulls and he needs a few rings as coach to round out the career.

Plus obligatory down with Lebron comment here.

Edit: That game tonight was a blast to watch though.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
My Warriors came out and did what they had to do.

Dray took a T early on to let Harden know we wasn't playing none of that bullshit tonight.
....honestly, I don't know why he did it. But as long as he didn't get himself ejected... or kick anyone in the nuts, I'll let it slide, for now.

and of all people, CP3 turned to Durant and said "Shut up and play ball"... well, shut it down CP3.
edit: and then CP3 pulled a cheap shot....
Take the L, quiet the crowd, and just be happy you made it this far. LOL
It's not over yet, but we feeling good about taking Game 1.

I still got a bone to pick with Kerr and his questionable at time coaching. Why did he pull Durant, who was killing the Rockets, at the end of the 3rd quarter, when we had our foot on their throat, and still steadily apply pressure. We were up 15 with about little less than 2 minutes left in the 3rd.
LET.US.CRUSH.THIER.SPIRITS. it's what we do in the 3rd. Durant could've rested the beginning of the fourth. Kerr ends up bringing him back in for the final minute as the Rockets miraculously bring it back down to 5. Never should have happened. You snuff out that flame when you have a chance. Harden and CP3 can't handle the pressure, we all know this. Don't let them think they still have a chance. Shut it down when the opportunity presents its self.

As Chuck said. "Warriors in 3"
LMAO
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 10:59:42 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
HAHAHAHAHA Celtics going to the finals.

Lebron is leaving Cleveland sometime during the halftime break in Cleveland on Saturday.
Destination: TBD (Philly? LA? MIL? HOU? TOR? UTAH? NY? LOL?)

I thought Bron was gonna hoist the entire team on his back and carry them to the W, but Taytum gave Lebron that shoulder to the chops.... and the will to carry them all dissipated quickly.

But damn was this a BORING ASS game. I had to multi-task. Both teams were not entertaining on the offensive end. There were a few good plays here, and a few good plays there, but it was like barren desert inbetween.

oh, and
**** YOU JR ::clap, clap, clap clap clap::
**** YOU JR ::clap, clap, clap clap clap::

"I think they said Forget You JR" LOL @ the live broadcast radio edit

I thought they were gonna issue a Flagrant 2 for that shove to the back, I wonder if they upgrade it post-game. But I don't know if Lebron wants to use his 1 post-season wish just yet to save JR instead of using it to possibly eliminate an opponent teammate instead.
I'm damn sure he's already called in for the Ref Assist® for game 3 & 4. Gotta push this to 6 games minimum.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 12:57:54 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
I wouldn’t be surprised if the Cavs got the Ref Assist for the rest of the series. The league knows the Cavs with Lebron are more valuable in the Finals than the Celtics without Kylie Irving. Then again, neither team is going to give the Warriors a decent run. At least there’s a somewhat rivalry with revisiting Warriors vs Cavs for the 37th time. The Finals are going to be a LOL-fail this year.

Anyway, Suns got the top pick and the Kings get the second that I’m sure it will somehow botch. Despite the nice payday, I feel really bad for whoever gets picked by the Kings. It’s so important for a player’s development to be in a situation where they can succeed. Michael Jordan was able to lead the Bulls instead of playing behind Clyde Drexler. Even last year, Donovan Mitchell was drafted 13th then traded to like the one team and system that made him the first option. Put Mitchell in just about any other situation, and who knows if he breaks out the same way?

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
Yeah...as much as I loved Jerry Sloan, the guy was notorious for taking talented rookies & sticking them on the bench for a year or sending them to the D-League so they could "learn how to play in the NBA." I sometimes wonder how much further them team could have gotten if Deron Williams was allowed to play more in his 1st season, etc.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 09:36:36 AM by broodwars »

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
I wouldn’t be surprised if the Cavs got the Ref Assist for the rest of the series. The league knows the Cavs with Lebron are more valuable in the Finals than the Celtics without Kylie Irving. Then again, neither team is going to give the Warriors a decent run. At least there’s a somewhat rivalry with revisiting Warriors vs Cavs for the 37th time. The Finals are going to be a LOL-fail this year.

I totally disagree. The Celtics present at least half decent matchup against the Warriors. The NBA is crazy if they think Lebron and 14 rotting corpses makes for a more entertaining series than a Celtics/Warriors series.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
I said “more valuable” not “more entertaining.” LeBron will make the NBA more money and higher ratings than a Celtics team with Irving on the bench.

The Celtics will put up a better fight than LeBron and the junior varsity team he’s running with, but they’re still getting wrecked by the Warriors.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
The top 2 picks in the draft going to the place that doesn't need them (the West) should prove that the NBA got out of the rigging game when Stern retired.
Lebron is leaving Cleveland sometime during the halftime break in Cleveland on Saturday.
Destination: TBD (Philly? LA? MIL? HOU? TOR? UTAH? NY? LOL?)
Lebron: "After realizing that I have more money than most nations and every state but California, I've decided to take my talents to League of Legends."
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
Warriors in 5?

Did they not feel like playing basketball tonight?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
apparently. They didn't bring the energy tonight. Klay was off. Curry was scurred. Durant wasn't interested in doing it all alone, and Dray just gave the **** up. LOL

We'll check them for 2 in Oakland. and then see if we can settle this in Houston.

Warriors have tied the NBA playoff record of 15 straight home game wins in a row. So I'm hoping we get a performance for game 3 to set that record of 16 straight home wins, followed up by some separation of 1 more in game 4.

Tonight was disappointing, but we did what we needed to do by winning at least 1 in Houston.
Any more than that was just icing on the cake, and boy did I want some icing. LOL.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
Curry doesn't look all there. It's obvious he's not 100% but some of those shots looked painful. Klay not hitting anything as well was a bummer.

That being said, PJ Tucker is not going 8/9 from the field and 5/6 from 3 again in this series. Neither is Eric Gordon going 6/9 from 3.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
They come to Oakland, and will hopefully be ran right back out the building. We will finish this in Houston.

Hopefully 3 days of rest allows Curry to get his **** together. We need Sky Fucker to return and the the Splash Bros. needs a sighting. It's been a while since they made it rain.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
It was WET as **** in Oracle tonight.

41pt BLOW-OUT for the rockets.
I'm not sure if that's the worst playoff loss in history, but I'm sure it's the biggest Warrior playoff beatdown delievered yet, probably even the largest Rocket playoff loss ever as well.

Dubs also set another NBA record with most consecutive Home Playoff Wins tonight.

Here's to 2 more great performances form Chef Curry against the Rockets, and then 4 more for the victory lap against whomever comes out of the East.