Author Topic: NBA Thread: Brought To You By The Tampa Bay Raptors Of Toronto  (Read 674257 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
+
Portland is in trouble. Down 2-0 to the Pelicans after hosting home court i nteh 1st 2 games..... smh.
They probably ain't making 2nd round, but hopefully they can make a series out of this and not get swept 2 years in a row.
They ain't made the 2nd round since 2014. So Dame Dolla better sync his watch for Central Time so he knows what time it is once he get to New Orleans.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Go Pels!  #DoItBIGGER
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
OK, there we go: after being humiliated in the 1st game in the series, the Jazz came back & won Game 2 against the Thunder. I wasn't able to watch the game since apparently the Playoffs are on NBA TV now...and I don't have it. However, judging by the play-by-play text, the Thunder tried to 3 point shoot their way out of their problems...and it failed spectacularly at the end.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
I'm glad the Jazz didn't let me down tonight. Everyone else did.

Pacers almost pulled it off, but if it wasn't for Lebron going 20-4 by himself against Indy in the opening to the 1st quarter, Cavs lose this game by 10. Lebron going to Philly in the off season

The Timberpups were disappointing today. They had another solid opportunity to topple the Rockets and squandered it again by once again going cold and playing like ****. The Rockets were not shooting good and were beyond vulnerable. The Nuggets could've gotten the job done.
I hope the Pups show up at home. this last game was beyond embarrassing (and boring... this is the game that should have been on NBA TV).

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Crazy to think that this could be the first time in SEVEN YEARS that LeBron doesn't make it to the Finals.  He may not even make it out of the first round.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Crazy to think that this could be the first time in SEVEN YEARS that LeBron doesn't make it to the Finals.  He may not even make it out of the first round.

Man I been saying that for months. For a minute, it looked like he might not even make the playoffs.
Lebron can't carry his team to the finals if the last 3 games show all the rest of the team is capable of bring to the table. Especially when Love is hurt again.
Cavs only won game 2 because OLADIPOOOOO!!!! got those 2 quick fouls and was out for most of the 1st qtr.
2 more minutes to the game, and I bet Pacers woulda won.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 05:10:05 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
Man, what is going ON with the Blazers? The Pelicans are just wiping the floor with them. It's like winning that last game against the Jazz to secure the 3rd seed drained them of all their will to fight.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!

Man I been saying that for months. For a minute, it looked like he might not even make the playoffs.
Lebron can't carry his team to the finals if the last 3 games show is all the rest of teh team is capable of bring to the table. Especially when Love is hurt again.
Cavs only won game 2 because OLADIPOOOOO!!!! got those 2 quick fouls and was out for most of the 1st qtr.
2 more minutes to the game, and I bet Pacers woulda won.

He's carried an arguably worse team to the finals before (only to get swept), but competition is stiffer for him now.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
This current team of LeBron hasn't had the luxury of an entire regular season to "figure it out".
LeBron tired himself out in the 1st quarter of the last game scoring all the starting points.
And the only reason the Cavs had that kind of lead in the first place,  was because Oladipo carries his team, and from what I hear, they are absolute trash when he isn't on the floor. So the 2 quick fouls the that whole 1st quarter out of whack.
Oladipo I think only had 1 more fouls the entire rest of the game, abs they only lost by 3 at the very last second.

I don't think Lebron can do that for 11 more wins just to get to the NBA finals. They barely got that game 2 victory.
And now even K.Love is playing injured again.
I could be wrong... And they may invent a Playoff MVP for LeBron if he gets his team there, but I just don't see it happening.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 07:05:28 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
It’s the Raptor’s year to lose to the Warriors in the NBA Finals.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
I said something, so now the rest of the Cavs showed up to play today (and in style, since they all showed up in matching tailored suits).... at least for the first half.

LeBron can't do it all. Love had to play through the pain, and EVERYONE else on that team needs to step it the **** up.
Sounds like the message was already delivered.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Ha, ha. Yeah, not so fast on that one.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
LOL, Cavs. I don’t hate the team. I just really hate Dan Gilbert.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
Good on the Wizards & Bucks putting up an actual fight tonight. I've always thought that if the 1st Round was going to be so spectacularly boring & one-sided, they should take it back to 5 games instead of the extended 7-game series.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile

I didn't get to see/listen to the 2nd half buy LMAO @ The Cavs.
can't believe they blew that 17pt lead at the half, and almost came back to just to come up short.
Bron going to Philly next year. I'm tellin you. Finals ain't happening. I'm very doubtful on a game 6 in the 1st round at this point. LOL

I'm really hoping the Trailblazers and the Timberwolves can get at least 1 win in tomorrow.
Trailblazers are already in a Win or Go Home situation..... (3 seed getting picked on by the 6th, smfh)
Utah also need needs to go up 2-1 on OKC

Offline broodwars

• View Profile

can't believe they blew that 17pt lead at the half, and almost came back to just to come up short.
Bron going to Philly next year. I'm tellin you. Finals ain't happening. I'm very doubtful on a game 6 in the 1st round at this point. LOL

I'm really hoping the Trailblazers and the Timberwolves can get at least 1 win in tomorrow.
Trailblazers are already in a Win or Go Home situation..... (3 seed getting picked on by the 6th, smfh)

To be fair to the Blazers, Seeds 3-8 in the West were separated by something like 1-2 games, so this year 6 beating 3 is not that unheard of.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile

To be fair to the Blazers, Seeds 3-8 in the West were separated by something like 1-2 games, so this year 6 beating 3 is not that unheard of.

Looking back... Blazers had the 3 seed by a nice sized margin for a long time before Lillard went down just before the end of the season. But you are right about the final records. 3-10 were all really close in the end.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Blazers are less than 18 game minutes away from watching the rest of the playoffs from home.

Pelicans on sniper mode. They making EVERYTHING right now. I don't see much hope for a comeback, even if Blazers get hot right now.

edit: Yep. Blazers swept 2 years in a row in the first round.
I believe that's 10 straight Playoff losses in a row for Portland.

and they out the playoffs before some teams even played a game 3.... what's the rush Portland?

Do they make some major changes in the off season or just tweak it a little?

« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 08:52:30 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
Meanwhile, even the Timberpups had the self-respect to win ONE game against the Rockets. -_-

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
1. “Thanks for beating the Thunder again.” - Signed, Magic Johnson

2. I don’t really keep up with the Jazz so this is the first time I’ve seen them, but what the hell is up with those alt jerseys? Ew.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
And the Jazz have now taken the lead in their series against the Thunder, 2-1, with a commanding 115-102 win.

Ricky Rubio had a triple-double with 26 points, 11 rebounds, and 10 assists. Meanwhile, Russel Westbrook and Carmelo Anthony combined for 28 points.

Yeah...I don't see this series turning against the Jazz at this point the way they're currently playing.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
1. “Thanks for beating the Thunder again.” - Signed, Magic Johnson

2. I don’t really keep up with the Jazz so this is the first time I’ve seen them, but what the hell is up with those alt jerseys? Ew.

Yeah, I despise the Orange jerseys & that wretched red court.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
What I want to know is why was Kyrie courtside talking to Donovan Mitchell at the game tonight....
I know he ain't playing right now, but the Celtics have a morning game tomorrow.

and the SportCenter guys agree on The Jazz uniforms and court
"The uniforms are TERRIBLE, and the court is.... dicey..." - SC @ Night

LOL

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
Russel Westbrook is taking getting humiliated by Ricky Rubio well. -_-

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/987929077528125440

"I'm going to shut that s*** off next game, though. I guarantee that."

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
So yeah...there is a reason for those fugly flame-based Jazz uniforms & court: they're supposed to symbolize the Utah sunset over the Red Rocks mountain range.

Yeah...no. I'm FROM Utah, and even I find that reference to be way too obscure. The gradients overcomplicate the uniforms, and fire is the theme of the Phoenix Suns, not the Jazz. We've always used a music or ice theme.

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/12/25/16817926/utah-jazz-uniforms-new-city-sunset