Author Topic: NBA Thread: Brought To You By The Tampa Bay Raptors Of Toronto  (Read 674237 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
LOL. I knew someone would post the Harden Disrespekt (Not that I can see your YouTube video....)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Oh, I see the disrespekt isn't just on the court. LOL

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
I found the kicks for Caterkiller

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
A couple quick questions:

1. How much trouble are the Warriors in without Steph Curry?

2. Is Kawhi Leonard intentionally tanking his trade value?

Steve Kerr doesn’t think Curry will be ready for the first round of the playoffs. Today, the team would play the Timberwolves. Assuming everyone else comes back, Golden State should win that series.

As for Kawhi Leonard, if I may put on my tinfoil hat, it certainly looks like he’s sending a message to the Spurs as well as every other team in the league: He wants out of San Antonio, but if you’re not a team he’s willing to play for, he is willing to sit out almost an entire season. Leonard is also a free agent next summer. I’m not sure any team trades anything of value under those conditions.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile

Well, let me put it to you this way: they just got blown out by the Jazz 110-91, who are struggling to even make the playoffs, in Oakland.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
Well, let me put it to you this way: they just got blown out by the Jazz 110-91, who are struggling to even make the playoffs, in Oakland.
Without Curry, Durant, Green, AND Thompson. In my previous post, I specifically said without Curry (since the others are expected to be available for the Playoffs) and Kerr doesn’t expect him back for the first round.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile

We were literally running the B-Squad, headlined by our G-League rookie running point and as leading scorer. With the addition on Draymond, it might not have been a blow out, but Dray doesn't really provide offense. With the addition of just Klay that would have been a much closer game, and with Durant, a win for sure.

but here is my analysis I posted yesterday elsewhere:
The Warriors haven't exactly been expending the same effort on defense during this regular season as they may have in the previous 3. If anything, since ASB, they've shown that they are actually capable of playing that kind of defense, they just haven't extended it for more than 1-2 qtrs in any particular game before they became sloppy and passive again. (in other words, this team has not been focused/"locked in" this season at all)

And I'm sure we (Warriors) can beat whoever is in the 7th seed w/o Steph, but I really think that comes down to who that ends up being for it is a 5 game or 7 game series.

OKC has an unreal amount of motivation against the Warriors. They only have 7 games left over the next 3 weeks and considering their position, 3 more losses could put them out of the playoffs all together. 5 of their next 7 is against playoff/potential teams (including the nuggets, who have beat them 2/3 games so far this season.) 1 of those games will be against the Warriors who will want to see them miss the playoffs. NO, HOU, SA are the other 3 playoff teams they are facing.

MIN I'm not all that worried about facing, and it's much more likely as they have a much easier schedule than OKC from here on out. 5 of their 8 final games is against teams not making the playoffs, and the only team that poses a potential threat is The Lakers.
The 3 teams they really gotta worry about is DEN x2 and The Jazz

The Spurs w/o Kawhi isn't really on my radar as a threat in a 7 game series. It might go to 5 w/o Curry, but I'm confident we got that. But looking at their upcoming schedule... they might be watching the playoffs from home anyway. 6 of their next 8 are all playoff/potential teams here (7 if you wanna count the Lakers that haven't been technically ruled out yet). The only gimme game they got is vs The Kings

The Pelicans.... they've been playing great, especially after doing 5 in 7 days and only losing 1, that 1 being to the Rockets.
I'm not sure how they'll hang against the Dubs minus Curry, but we've beaten all 3 times this year so far. Getting a clean sweep in the regular season will go along way with cleaning them up in the post season too. Unfortunately for them, 6 of their last 8 are also against playoff/potential teams, but I'm sure they'll win atleast half of those (SA, CLE, LAC, possibly OKC too)

LAC... no worries here. They would be lucky to make it in. 8th seed, 7th seed, 6th seed, i see it being in and out for them. 7 of their final 9 (8 if you count LAL) all playoff/potential teams fighting for position. But like I said, I think they'll be lucky to seed at all.

The Jazz I have some reservations about, but only if they actually start hitting shots and for whatever reason, we haven't flipped that defensive switch. I don't think they take a 7 game series, but I see them making it tough w/o Steph on the floor. I shouldn't even count their next 3 games w/ Memphis, Dallas, and a depleted Celtics. But the 5 games after that, they play the Lakers 2x, and the Clippers, so they have a good chance of maybe climbing up from that 8th seed where they currently sit (hopefully to that 4th or 5th seed tho)

The Nuggets I'm not really sure about. Outside of Jokic, I can't remember who's on the team. I ain't worried about this team though, they just lost to Miami, Memphis and Dallas this month. But their remaining schedule is full of position jockeying teams too, so who knows if they climb into the playoffs or not. Everything is so close between 4-10.

and if you wanna include them....
The Lakers - maybe next year. Great push at the end, but too little too late this season.

The hardest thing to determine is who will be in any position from 4-8
and Steph is determined to come back during the 1st round (assuming it longer than a 4-5 game series).
Kerr thinks we can get by Rnd1 w/o him, but I'd rather he be ready to go just.in.case.

It's a damn shame we can't NBA 2K it and turn off injuries and fatigue so we can get all teams at their best giving their all. This season has been plagued with injuries, luckily some teams are able to weather those storms

So to get back to the question
A couple quick questions:1. How much trouble are the Warriors in without Steph Curry?

in the 1st round... assuming everyone else comes back healthy and no more injuries.... not much. But I doubt any team outside of LAC gets done in less than 5-6 games.

Quinn Cook has turned out to be pretty good. with him running starting Point, and Durant and Klay to outlet to, we'll be alright. He very active on D and producing on O.
but unfortunately McCaw is a BUST offensively. dude can't find his shot for nothing. another '15/'16 Harrison Barnes.
2nd unit w/ Klay, Liviingston and West will be fine as long as the later two can hit shots.
if the 2nd unit can maintain or extend a lead, we are in good shape.
Bell needs to be a little more aggressive on Offense, and Damion Jones didn't look bad in his limited minutes last nite either.

Overall I think we'll be fine in the 1st round.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 12:50:15 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
I found the kicks for Caterkiller

Oh lord! Man if I shoes like those it would change everything...

I would seriously rock those! Rock em hard!
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
I acknowledge my cold take on the Jazz. No one thought Donovan Mitchell was going to be this good in his rookie year. I’d still lean toward Ben Simmons for Rookie of the Year. Mitchell can ball though.

I also acknowledge my cold take regarding the Pacers. Jebus, Victor Oladipo is playing well above expectations this year. Time will tell if that’s sustainable. I won’t make any predictions considering how wrong I was. The Jimmy Butter trade is still trash though. I don’t know what the hell the Bulls were thinking.

I’m on the fence regarding the Kyrie Irving trade. The Celtics got the best player. Full stop. However, considering Irving’s sulking, the Cavs didn’t do terribly. Using the pieces from that trade, the Cavs got some decent young pieces and still have the Nets’ lottery pick this summer. It shouldn’t be too difficult to trade Kevin Love should the team decide to tank next season.

I don’t know if the Rockets are as good as their record. I still expect to see Warriors vs Cavaliers for the 37th time in a row. At the same time, as illustrated above, I’m pretty awful at basketball hot takes.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
Well Portland's collapse was unexpected. If the Jazz win their 2 remaining games, they'll have the #3 seed in the West. Not bad for a team that was lottery-bound in December.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Warriors are screwed right now.

If OKC shows up, and you know they have the unreal level of motivation against KD and the Warriors, but they don't have Curry to draw defensive out of the paint, I can only hope the Warriors really do have a "switch" and actually flip it so they can make it to the 2nd round.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
I see the Warriors decided to throw tonight's game, so it looks like the Jazz just need to win tomorrow night to win the 3rd Seed.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
It's a damn shame we couldn't beat either NO or OKC tho.... because we really don't want no OKC w/o Curry.

Our team lacks a motivator right now. Durant is just kinda there.... Dray just chillin trying not to get his last Tech. and Klay is just trying get his 20.

Tonights game was pathetic on both ends of the floor for the Warriors.
I really hope it's all a motivation thing. If we had atleast beat the Jazz... I think they woulda moved down to 7th, as OKC owns the tie breaker. But I'm not sure if OKC is stuck at 7th yet...

And I never thought I would see POR in trouble of losing the 3rd seed with how good they were playing. I thought they were up enough games that even a minor collapse wouldn't change their positioning. I guess McCollum just couldn't keep it afloat alone.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
I’m not ready to panic regarding the Warriors yet. Teams care more in the Playoffs, and the Warriors were never in danger of falling below the second seed so games like last night didn’t move the needle. I don’t think it matters who they play. They’re still the team to beat in the West just like the Cavs, even as the fourth seed, is the team to beat in the East.

Three to nine in the West is crazy close. It’s interesting that the Spurs and Pelicans are playing each other and the Timberwolves and Nuggets are playing each other in the final games.

Still, I only partially care. The Jazz and the Sixers are great stories, but the NBA is so top heavy that it almost doesn’t matter. I’m personally rooting for the Sixers in the Playoffs because I’ve lived in and around Philadelphia my entire life. I root for them except when they play the Lakers. I don’t expect the Sixers to go anywhere though it’s a successful season for them either way.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
I wanted to hop on this morning, but I've been crazy busy all day. on the radio they said that OKC can't even be in 7th regardless of who wins loses today. LOL

Jazz could end up with the 3rd seed, and Nuggets could be in the playoffs making MIN sit out for the 14th year in a row.

Warriors could end up playing the Spurs, Pels, TWolves or Nuggets....
all much more easier targets than an ultra motivated OKC witha Curry-less Warriors.

edit: All is good in the Golden State. We got the Kawhi-less Spurs. :D
and good for TWolves making it in at the 8th seed vs the slightly weakened Rockets.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 11:27:32 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
Looks like annihilating the Warriors last night took too much out of the Jazz, as they're set to lose to the Blazers, which I believe would move them down to the 5th seed against the Thunder.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Up by 40 at the half on a clearly unmotivated Warriors should have clued them to tap the breaks a little and save the rest for tonight.

But the Blazers do have DameDolla back, and he was motivated to get that 3 seed back.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
I wanted to hop on this morning, but I've been crazy busy all day. on the radio they said that OKC can't even be in 7th regardless of who wins loses today. LOL
I was trying to figure out which team would end up where based on tie-breakers then realized it didn’t matter.

Looks like the Warriors will play the Spurs.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
just an FYI, but Kawhi is out for a leg injury.... thigh or something. Zaza took out an ankle last year

We got the best possible outcome for having slept walked through the majority of this season with a beer in one hand and a bag of cheetos in the other. But if Kawhi suddenly decides he gonna play now.... I'm not sure how I'd feel about that.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
just an FYI, but Kawhi is out for a leg injury.... thigh or something. Zaza took out an ankle last year
It’s his quad. I figured they were related.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 11:51:14 PM by Adrock »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
It’s his quad. I figured they were related.

They're not, but I didn't want to ruin the meme. Zaza got away with a dirty play, intentional or not.
Quad injury was a pre-existing irritant I believe.

So here's what happens after the next 8 game minutes are up in the POR v UTA game
If portland wins we get

Rockets vs Wolves
OKC vs Utah
----------------------------------
Portland vs NoP
Warriors vs Spurs

If Jazz win, we get

Rockets vs Wolves
Portland vs NoP
---------------------------------
OKC vs Jazz
Warriors vs Spurs

FYI, Portland is currently winning, and Dame wants that 3 seed.
so.... GO PORTLAND!!!

edit:
LOL
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 12:52:26 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
Oh well...we didn't win the Division & the 3rd seed, and the Thunder are probably the worst matchup the Jazz could have in the 1st round. Still, considering where we started this season, ending with the 5th seed is still a win in my books.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 10:51:39 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile

There's also been 2 episodes of Game of Zones
(I might edit in links later..... but probably not)

edit: and these Donovan Mitchell's he's wearing tomorrow are pretty dope.

I'd rock these, but gotta remove the "rookie" on them first. I know why he has it on there, but I would need something else there instead.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 02:23:47 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »