Author Topic: More games on the e-shop retail section?  (Read 3926 times)

Offline MukiDA

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
More games on the e-shop retail section?
« on: August 17, 2012, 06:03:46 AM »
I can't be the only one hoping for the e-shop retail launch to not be limited to simply NSMB2.

For one, I want DOA:D. I don't care if I have to buy it twice, I just want that game permanently embedded into my system.

The same thing goes for TheatRythm, which I don't actually own yet. 99 times out of 100 I'd rather whip out my 3DS than my iPhone for 5 minutes of fun, and that game seems plenty apt for that kinda use.

There's a few other games I'd wait to get cheap, but for the most part, "small bits of fun" genres like fighting or puzzle seem perfect for this purchasing option. James' comments on the podcast definitely shot my hopes way up for e-shop releases of existing titles, so hopefully we'll see some of the older stuff come back =3

Offline xcwarrior

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
Re: More games on the e-shop retail section?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 10:21:14 AM »
I wouldn't hold your breath, this is Nintendo. But maybe it will happen.
Nintendo ID: XCWarrior
3DS code: 1289-8376-3350. PM me if you want to swap.
Steam and backloggery.com are also: XCWarrior

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 04:27:55 PM »
Some of this is happening, but I hope a lot more of it happens too. For example, a version of Nano Assault is coming to the eShop, and that's a retail game I blame myself for not picking up.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 07:53:28 PM »
Nano Assault is perfect for the eShop, especially since they're adding Circle Pad Pro support to that version.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2012, 08:59:37 PM »

For one, I want DOA:D. I don't care if I have to buy it twice, I just want that game permanently embedded into my system.

I feel that way about just about every 3DS game. I don't want to carry cartridges anymore... it's 2012.

At this point, I tend to get much more excited about Eshop than retail games mostly because of the convenience.

Offline xcwarrior

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2012, 10:28:15 PM »

I feel that way about just about every 3DS game. I don't want to carry cartridges anymore... it's 2012.

At this point, I tend to get much more excited about Eshop than retail games mostly because of the convenience.

I understand the "convenience" thing and all, but I will always prefer having a physical copy for games. I like actually owning the game, not just a code to play the game. Especially with Nintendo's way of tracking what you own vs don't own.
Nintendo ID: XCWarrior
3DS code: 1289-8376-3350. PM me if you want to swap.
Steam and backloggery.com are also: XCWarrior

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 03:37:32 PM »
Which is why it's great that Nintendo's offering both options. Those of us who would prefer to own it digitally can do so, and those who want a physical copy also have that choice.

J.P. Corbran

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2012, 03:57:13 PM »
The perfect situation would be if physical games came with a code to download the digital copy so that you always have it with you.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2012, 04:01:49 PM »
The problem with that idea is I could buy the game and keep the physical copy but give someone else the code, resulting in a "lost sale."

J.P. Corbran

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2012, 04:20:57 PM »
And that's the biggest reason it will never happen. I just hope that third-parties start releasing their games digitally, and not just Nintendo.
Although we have no real way of knowing how easy or difficult the process of a digital release is for a third party developer, I hope that Nintendo has made it a really viable option for them.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2012, 04:43:00 PM »
Rumor has it that Nintendo's made a very good deal for third party publishers, with people in the know making comments to the effect that publishers would be crazy not to take advantage of the terms Nintendo's offering.

J.P. Corbran

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2012, 06:50:52 PM »
Well that's the best news I've heard all day.
Seeing as how it has seen a recent release on IOS, I would hope that Sega would release Rythm Thief on the Eshop as well.