Author Topic: Video Games Live on PBS  (Read 4546 times)

Video Games Live on PBS
« on: March 15, 2010, 05:08:37 PM »
So this may be old news to some, but this June PBS will be airing VGL on it's concert series.
I am so excited! I have tried so many times to see it live, but it just never works out. Has anybody seen it?

I have been watching crappy youtube videos today and I had forgotten how much of an emotional reaction it elicits in me. I almost cried watching the Kingdom Hearts one. (probably not good, as I am currently on campus surrounded by people.)

Thoughts?

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: Video Games Live on PBS
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 05:23:15 PM »
I am pretty glad that this is happening. I personally love the Zelda music and that gave me an emotional response. It is simply the best video game music.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 05:45:26 PM »
Zeldas music is absolutely tremendous! And hearing it orchestrated is amazing! (Eh Nintendo, Eh? How about it?)

The Chrono Trigger soundtrack is another one of my favorites.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 07:16:33 PM »
I had forgotten that this was announced awhile ago. I will probably watch it, although I am not sure how good it will be.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 09:11:35 PM »
I had forgotten that this was announced awhile ago. I will probably watch it, although I am not sure how good it will be.

I have generally been pleased with the quality of PBS's Concert Programs (When they're not destroyed by pledge drives every 15 minutes that is)

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2010, 04:29:53 PM »
I am bumping this because I found a site with all the showtimes. It is showing for me tonight at 10 pm.

http://videogameslive.com/index.php?s=pbs
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2010, 12:21:49 PM »
The only listing for New York appears to be New York City, ugh.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2010, 12:46:37 PM »
Well go ask your local station to show this. There is a link at the top.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2010, 09:43:47 AM »
I e-mailed my local PBS affiliate, and I got a reply back. It looks like I won't be able to watch it. The reply I got was that this is aired during one of their pledge marathons, but that most of the stations airing the special are getting the tour and give away tickets to people who pledge money; the guy then said that since the tour is not coming here (which doesn't surprise me since these types of events never come to western New York), they would not be able to capitalize on it to get pledges and thus don't plan to air it. He did say they have the right to air it if the VGL tour ever does come here, but that doesn't seem likely.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2010, 05:46:47 PM »
Well TJ I would contact Video games live and see if they can come to your area. I have seen some requests be made and they followed up on them.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2010, 10:29:49 AM »
I think I'll just see the concert when PBS puts it out on DVD/Blu-Ray, as they said they would at the beginning of the year.  None of my PBS affiliates are carrying it.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2010, 10:02:24 PM »
This is gonna be awesome
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2010, 10:11:08 PM »
So I watched it last night and they had lots of great music. A few notable ones were Starcraft 2, Castlevania, Civilization IV, Sonic the Hedgehog, and of course Zelda. There was many others as well.

I for some reason always cry whenever the Zelda music comes on. I really enjoyed the show. Hope they air it again soon.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2010, 10:15:11 PM »
I think I saw a girl gamer cheering for Sonic.

• bridge for everyone and all ages
  • art and culture
  • bleeps and bloops
TT is a genius.

A little too much Civilization 2 and Warcraft for my taste, and the Zelda theme was reprised twice...but it's all very high quality music.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 11:10:43 PM by Bit.Trip.Rowsdower »
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2010, 10:35:45 PM »
Thanks so much Maxi for sharing the showtimes! I could not for the life of me find them on the PBS site.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2010, 11:12:12 PM »
It's coming locally in November.  I'm going.... backstage!

Contacted a friend who's done some volunteer work and he suggested I volunteer to help with things like the costume contest and such.  I shot off an e-mail and was put in touch with the right person who took me up on the offer.  I'm still looking for 1-2 more people to help out, so if you're near enough to me, hit me up. ;)
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2010, 10:06:41 AM »
Darn it I want to go but I'm on the west coast.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2010, 10:10:40 AM »
Yeah, but they have plenty of shows that you can at least attend. 14 just in Los Angeles alone, 2 in Rohnert Park, 13 in Sacramento, and 7 in San Bernardino.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2010, 10:20:09 AM »
When and where are the ones in San Bernardino?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2010, 10:23:38 AM »
My bad, apparently I was looking at the TV schedule for it rather than the tour schedule.

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2010, 12:12:02 PM »
Yeah, San Bernardino has a ton of PBS stations for some reason. But the closest the live show has ever gotten is L.A.