Author Topic: Luigi-Themed DLC Adds Over 80 Stages to New Super Mario Bros. U  (Read 9571 times)

Offline jvgsjeff

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
    • JVGS
Re: Luigi-Themed DLC Adds Over 80 Stages to New Super Mario Bros. U
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2013, 08:34:34 PM »
How is $30 hard to justify? The original game was and is $60, and includes about the same amount of levels as this expansion.

For non-retail games, eShop games usually top out at $20 or so. And I  don't believe any of Nintendo's first-party WiiWare games sold for more than $10-12. But this isn't even a new game, it's just DLC that's going to re-use existing maps and swap out the levels with different ones. I'd be shocked if they charged $30 for this.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2013, 08:42:42 PM »
I suppose the price would be lower if there wasn't much EXTRA work to be done. Whose to say these extra levels were just tweaked levels of some originals cut from the game for whatever reason?

Just throwing it out there.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline NeoThunder

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2013, 10:44:53 AM »
This is and should be the purpose of DLC. I hope other developers take notes on how it should be done.
Wii# 4120-9638-2308-7614
<BR>
<BR>Mario Kart# 3178-8705-8094
<BR>
<BR>Faith is the complete surrender and acceptence of total control

Offline Razorkid

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2013, 02:27:03 PM »
$20-$30 is not unreasonable for the amount of content they are putting out in this DLC.  Also, with full retail games up next to games below $10 on the eShop, this particular DLC will not look out of place or offensive at a possible price point between $20-$30 due to the amount of content that's being offered.

That being said, I like the suggestion that it should be offered as packs of levels or worlds and as one whole lump sum at better value. But I suspect it will be released only as a whole as this is suppose to be a unique adventure for Luigi and not just a pack of time trial or coin rush levels with no context between the two (or as much context as any mario game level has).
"All the world is blind to my passing..."

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2013, 07:46:46 PM »
its the year of weegee
woo