Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*  (Read 3141480 times)

Offline Invincible Donkey Kong

• DK Crew. HUH!
  • Score: 7
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Wii rumor thread *bring your own salt*
« Reply #1600 on: October 18, 2009, 02:02:07 AM »
What is this crap?  Like Deguello I question the durability and functionality of such a screen (the sensitivity of the section of screen that sits on the "crease," for example, in whether there is dead space or not), though I would have to experience it in person to really judge the product.

But never fear, as I guarantee we will take what we have learned from the DS (including our mistakes) and apply it to our next handheld, no matter what direction we choose to take.  I recommend taking my word for it. :reggie:
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 02:03:46 AM by ReggieFA »
Buy Zap's perler bead art!
https://www.etsy.com/shop/NewDonkCityVending

Operation: Get Zap a Switch GoFundMe:
https://www.gofundme.com/get-zap-a-switch

Summer of Donk ~ 2017 Twitch meetups! ~ DKC2
https://www.twitch.tv/zapr2k

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: October 18, 2009, 03:15:09 PM »
What is this crap?  Like Deguello I question the durability and functionality of such a screen (the sensitivity of the section of screen that sits on the "crease," for example, in whether there is dead space or not), though I would have to experience it in person to really judge the product.

But never fear, as I guarantee we will take what we have learned from the DS (including our mistakes) and apply it to our next handheld, no matter what direction we choose to take.  I recommend taking my word for it. :reggie:

I love you! There I said it!

I can't begin to imagine what Nintendo has in store for their next hand held or home console. But I'm glad to read Reggie himself (it is him right? wonder if he can take a hammer fist better than me?) acknowledge that they will learn from their mistakes when making their new machines. Not that I think there were many mistakes, except for the first DS being ugly.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: October 18, 2009, 06:46:33 PM »
But I'm glad to read Reggie himself (it is him right?)
I highly doubt it, it's just someone who can do a pretty good impression of him. I'm pretty sure it is the alt account of someone else here.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: October 18, 2009, 07:50:08 PM »
Don't worry Mop_it_up, I've got a little glass globe waiting for Caterkiller too. You'll both be on a shelf protected from the cruelties of the world.

Easycure, we're gonna need some more snow. :P

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: October 18, 2009, 08:05:20 PM »
Don't worry Mop_it_up, I've got a little glass globe waiting for Caterkiller too. You'll both be on a shelf protected from the cruelties of the world.

I already bought a second freezer to scrape out. What will 'Killers theme be for his globe?
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1605 on: October 19, 2009, 02:53:36 AM »

I already bought a second freezer to scrape out. What will 'Killers theme be for his globe?

Frosty the Snowman VS. Jack Frost locked in an eternal martial arts duel over who controls Winter. That should be the theme.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: October 19, 2009, 02:45:06 PM »

Frosty the Snowman VS. Jack Frost locked in an eternal martial arts duel over who controls Winter. That should be the theme.

If 'killer is Frosty the Snowman and can use his arm (which is made from a branch) as a fighting staff to do those Kilik moves he claims he can do..

THEN **** YEAH!
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: October 19, 2009, 03:04:24 PM »

If 'killer is Frosty the Snowman and can use his arm (which is made from a branch) as a fighting staff to do those Kilik moves he claims he can do..

THEN **** YEAH!

"Crouching Snowman, Hidden JackFrost" I can see it now, Jack hurls a cluster of icicles and Frosty bats them all away with his 'staff arms' all while traditional Chinese string music is playing. Would be freaking amazing.
My Game Collection

Offline Invincible Donkey Kong

• DK Crew. HUH!
  • Score: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: October 19, 2009, 04:38:47 PM »
I don't know what's going on here, but I feel like kicking all of you in the teeth.  Just let me put on my punting shoes. :reggie:
Buy Zap's perler bead art!
https://www.etsy.com/shop/NewDonkCityVending

Operation: Get Zap a Switch GoFundMe:
https://www.gofundme.com/get-zap-a-switch

Summer of Donk ~ 2017 Twitch meetups! ~ DKC2
https://www.twitch.tv/zapr2k

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: October 19, 2009, 05:42:23 PM »
RUMOUR: The user "ReggieFA" is the real Reginald Fils-Aime. Could it be true...?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: October 19, 2009, 05:43:57 PM »
RUMOR: Ignorance, is it a coincidence that IGN is the first 3 letters? "IGNorance"

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Wii rumor thread *bring your own salt FOR YOUR WOUNDS*
« Reply #1611 on: October 19, 2009, 07:13:20 PM »
RUMOUR: NWR will be changing its name from Nintendo World Report to Not Worth Reading at the start of the new year.

^Clickable!

just kidding folks, love the site

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: October 19, 2009, 08:56:45 PM »
RUMOR: NWR forums will be able to embed videos for hilarious reasons like the one above.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: October 23, 2009, 06:46:40 PM »
DSi to get DSi Speak?

Quote from: Siliconera
Reporting error code 206602 on the Nintendo support site results in an interesting message:

Error Code: 206602 Nintendo DSi Shop – Nintendo Points Card or Nintendo DSi Download Ticket Error

There appears to be a problem using the Nintendo Points Card or a Nintendo DSi Shop Download Ticket.

* Make sure you entering the number in the correct field in the Nintendo DSi Shop.

o For Nintendo Points Card redemption, enter the number off the Nintendo Points Card in the "Add Nintendo DSi Points" section off of the main Nintendo DSi Shop page, and select "Redeem Nintendo Points Card."

o To redeem a Nintendo DSi Download Ticket number, such as for the Nintendo DSi Speak Channel, enter the number off the Nintendo DSi Download Ticket in "Settings and Features" off of the main Nintendo DSi Shop page, then select "Nintendo DSi Download Ticket."

* After verifying you are entering the number in the correct location, retry the number again and make sure it is being entered correctly.

Voice chat via DSi confirmed?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 07:02:40 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: October 23, 2009, 06:52:01 PM »
The DSi has a built-in microphone, right? Seems perfectly plausible.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #1615 on: October 23, 2009, 06:55:49 PM »
Sounds preferrable to Wii Speak.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline N-World

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: October 24, 2009, 12:58:06 AM »
Nah, it'll be the same thing:  Use it once and forget it about it afterwards.

Coming up next:  DSi horse attachment.
Third parties haven't really given the Wii a fair shake. - Dequello

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: October 24, 2009, 01:00:23 AM »
Nah, it'll be the same thing:  Use it once and forget it about it afterwards.

Coming up next:  DSi horse attachment.

Are we getting a new Animal Crossing DSi game to use it with? Then we will see someone like Renegade Kid make an FPS with it and afterward it fades into obscurity.
My Game Collection

Offline hylianhero5249

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • Shogun Gamer
« Reply #1618 on: October 26, 2009, 07:31:35 PM »
...but it sounds like this is going to have "shaders", which could conceivably make better graphics than the Wii.

Wii 2 is a portable system? Or, an even more interesting an idea: Wii2 is DS2 and it can act as both a hand-held and a TV console. I think similar ideas have been batted around in the past regarding a dual portable-console system.

God thats been my dream for the longest time. Even if it's still two seperate consoles (one home, one portable with its own games), the ability to use one to play the others games would be like a utopian age in video games in my opinion.

So in other words, what you've been dreaming of is the PS3 and PSP, with their "remote play" capabilities?  Granted, it's limited right now but it's a good start if you've into the kind of games both platforms offer.

This post was useless since i admitted as much at the end of my post...
But yeah, as you mentioned its limited now and unfortunately I don't have much interest in their game line-up. The last PSP game I heard about that I thought "man, i'd love to play that game; too bad I don't have a psp" was Maverick Hunter X...

Actually, what you mentioned was the PSP Go, which is a whole different beast from the normal PSP and PS3.

Well being disinterested in the PSP in general, i've very little knowledge on the pspGo aside from the fact its doesnt take UMD's anymore.

You can also program it to accept the Dualshock 3 as a controller, so you can play games using that (which must be rather awkward having to prop the handheld up somewhere and play while leaning close to see what's going on).
You could just get some A/V cables and play the PSP on your TV with the Dualshock.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: October 27, 2009, 07:01:46 PM »
Goldeneye coming to Wii?

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/10/26/rumor-animator-resume-lists-work-on-goldeneye-2010/

Shortly before being pulled from the internet's intimidating view, an animator's online resume may have let out a secret -- concerning an iconic secret agent. According to the eagle-eyed Superannuation, Craig Peck listed work on a game dubbed "GoldenEye 2010 (Wii)," created in association with British developer Eurocom.

Eurocom previously worked on the PlayStation 2 version of Activision's Quantum of Solace tie-in. Assuming "GoldenEye 2010" isn't merely a nostalgic codename, it seems the publisher could be looking to a well-regarded classic for inspiration on a new James Bond game. Alas, Hollywood can't keep up with Activision's annual aspirations.

The publisher won't divulge any of its plans this early, leaving us to wait for further information or for our time-traveling correspondent to confirm the game's existence. He's really more of a GoldenEye 2020 fan -- looking back, that really was the best of the remakes".

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #1620 on: October 27, 2009, 07:57:09 PM »
Since it's an Activision shooter, I can smell how it's announcement and beta screenshots and nonexistant trailers will turn out.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: October 27, 2009, 10:02:04 PM »
I was gonna post this a few days ago, but since Eurocom has made other James Bond games that no one has cared about, I didn't bother.
This just seems like another one of those games with the Goldeneye label attached to it to garner interest from nostalgia.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: October 27, 2009, 10:13:14 PM »
garner interest from nostalgia

Yeah, that **** never happens...

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: October 27, 2009, 10:16:45 PM »
garner interest from nostalgia

Yeah, that **** never happens...

I'm not saying nostalgia won't bring interest, I'm saying I don't think the game is gonna be worthy of bringing back that nostalgia.
Eurocom has made several 007 games and none of them have been remembered. Why would calling this one Goldeneye suddenly change the game?

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: October 27, 2009, 10:22:40 PM »
Well for three reasons:

One -- Why **** on a game we know nothing about?

Two -- This game, if even real, is called Goldeneye Wii, meaning it's exclusive. I'd say that's at least a bit interesting.

And Three -- The Conduit, the game everyone and their skank ass moms hyped up, was made by the developer who made "50 Cent: the Game."