Author Topic: Batman and Mulder to Voice XIII Characters  (Read 2530 times)

Offline WindyMan

• It was the dog.
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • WindyMan's Roller Derby Notes
Batman and Mulder to Voice XIII Characters
« on: July 14, 2003, 07:44:41 AM »
Holy X-Files, Batman!  Adam West and David Duchovny are added to the voice cast of this anticipated shooter.

XIII is the cel-shaded first-person shooter that everyone's talking about, and for good reason.  The game's presentation has it pass off for a real-life comic book.

Today, Ubi Soft has announced that two big names have signed on to lend their voice talents to the game.  David Duchovny of X-Files fame, and Adam West, the original Batman, will both be heard in XIII.

Here's Ubi Soft's take on Duchovny:

"XIII isn't like any videogame I have ever seen -- it plays like a suspenseful movie with a conspiracy-ridden storyline filled with enough twists and turns to keep everyone guessing," said Duchovny. "Players are in for a lot of surprises with this game -- things are never what they seem, making for good drama and a great game."  

XIII is a stylish, first-person shooter thriller featuring a conspiracy of epic proportions. Duchovny takes on the role of XIII, a secret agent with complete amnesia who must discover clues behind his true identity. Avoiding pursuit by the FBI, who accuse him of assassinating the president, and a mysterious group called the Twenty are just two of XIII's challenges; he must also uncover sinister plots against the U.S. government from its highest offices.

And here are the details on Adam West:

"XIII's visual style is extremely eye-catching," said West. "The game's comic text and pop-up windows are similar to elements we used with the Batman series to stay true to the comic. In XIII, it builds this graphic-novel world to the last detail."  

XIII features a unique visual style utilizing cel-shaded graphics to showcase the game's comic roots. Based on a popular graphic novel, XIII employs various comic elements, including pop-up windows and cartoon text to make the graphic-novel world come to life. Adam West, who played one of the cartoon world's famed heroes, Batman, plays the role of General Carrington - a hard-nosed military general leading an independent inquiry into the presidential assassination. Carrington is the only one who can help XIII find out his real identity and the truth behind who killed the president.

Steven "WindyMan" Rodriguez
Washed-up Former NWR Director

Respect the power of the wind.

Offline Benad

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2003, 01:42:41 PM »
Could someone explain to me why this makes me sad?
What about the gameplay?
Geez...  

- Benad

Offline Bonzeemer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2003, 04:08:02 PM »
*sigh* I miss the X-Files,well when duchovney was on it.
But I agree what about the gameplay?
I'm bonzeemer..your not.

Offline WindyMan

• It was the dog.
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • WindyMan's Roller Derby Notes
RE: Batman and Mulder to Voice XIII Characters
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2003, 08:03:20 PM »
Don't worry about the gameplay, it's golden.  Look up our E3 impressions about the game, sillies.
Steven "WindyMan" Rodriguez
Washed-up Former NWR Director

Respect the power of the wind.

Offline Berto2K

• This could be you, at E3.
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2003, 08:45:50 PM »
Ya, I have heard nothing but praise so far with this game from everywhere. Including, ign, pgc, xplay, and gamespot.
Pietriots, we roll out to get the lol out.

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2003, 09:58:22 PM »
I would be all over this game if it wasn't an fps.  :/  Generally I hate FPS games, but I will definately be trying this one out.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Benad

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2003, 02:58:31 AM »
Yes, I've seen XIII's coverage everywhere, but I'm still shocked about a press release that only talks about the voice overs, the story and the graphics... Anything but the game. At least the developers themselves showed us something interesting...

- Benad

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2003, 03:12:31 AM »
Benad, you will be playing from a first person perspective, you will have lots of different weapons to use. What more is there to say about the gameplay?  It's an FPS.  It's been done to death.  To make the game appealing, you need to show why it's better than all the other FPS games out there.

It's like talking about the gameplay in an RPG.  You know that there will be a menu.  You know that you will need to level up.  You know that there will be different character classes.  There's only so much you can say.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2003, 08:59:39 AM »
It seems they're brining in a cast from various parts of the entertainment industry. A few months ago, they made a press release that Lady rapper Eve would contribute and now 2 television personalities that shaped pop culture. Who's next?

As far as gameplay, I believe they announced this as a launch title back in 2001, and they just kept delaying it. Hopefully the delays will result in a stylish FPS. But one must wonder how much cash they're throwing around to get their voice talent...
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline Gamefreak

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2003, 10:16:04 PM »
lol They will get Miyamoto as the voice of the villain for some great Engrish action

Anyway, what's up with Ubi Soft anyway? Splinter Cell, Prince of Persia, Beyond Good and Evil, Rayman 3, and XIII.....wtf?! They're supposed to be a crap company, what gives?....Well at least the other French giant, Infogrames, is continuing to be as crappy as ever....
Well, I hope Ubi Soft continues to make great games, and for goodness sake doesn't drop GCN support....Well, I doubt they will. Rayman 3 came to GCN first even...gasp..