Author Topic: Mafia 44 - Mighty Mafia Power Rangers Sign up thread! Join now!  (Read 16791 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: Mafia 44 - Mighty Mafia Power Rangers Sign up thread! Join now!
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2010, 10:41:50 PM »
I was just going to PM you about it Nickmitch.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2010, 10:49:58 PM »
I'll play!
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2010, 03:59:26 AM »
Rules and roles would be great Unclebob.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2010, 02:54:19 AM »
Could someone sticky this topic?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2010, 06:24:29 PM »
I'm in as a Mighty Morphine Power Ranger ;)

Rubber Ducky Yellow :D

It's based on a summer camp skit I saw years ago that spoofed the rangers.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 06:27:30 PM by Stratos »
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2010, 06:34:14 PM »
IN.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2010, 12:05:35 AM »
More info will be posted tomorrow. :)
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2010, 01:28:34 AM »
Thank you Unclebob.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2010, 01:40:12 AM »
Please no one change your author icon until the game starts! I'm not going to recognize you when you change it, so let's not start early...

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2010, 08:03:43 PM »
mine isn't just some random picture of the green ranger, mine is of MY green ranger toy

NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2010, 05:48:08 AM »
More info will be posted tomorrow. :)
I guess you forgot or something.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2010, 09:22:52 AM »
I meant tomorrow's tomorrow. ;)

Naw, seriously, I didn't forget, I just got sidetracked.  Info later this evening -promise.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2010, 10:48:08 PM »
Roles:

Citizens of Angel Grove:

You, fine folks, are the backbone of this game.  Zedd and Rita have come to earth, disguised as two of your - your mission is to find them and vote them out!  However, it is dangerous out there!  Zedd and Rita are powerful magicians who may use their magic to force you to fight with them!  But have no fear - the Power Rangers, rumored to be five normal teens from right here in Angel Grove - will be there, fighting Rita and Zedd every step of the way.

Villains:

Master Villains - Lord Zedd and Rita Repulsa
At the beginning of each day (via nightly action PM'd to the Host), one master villain (Alternating each day - if one villain is voted out, the other villain will still be limited to picking every other day) will pick a "townie" to cast a spell on.  The townie will remain under that master's spell until either they are defeated or the master villain is defeated.  Each Master Villain can only control two townies at any given time.  Additionally - Zedd and Rita KNOW THE SECRET IDENTITIES OF THE POWER RANGERS.  The Master Villain with the most townies under their control will win the game - if the villains defeat the Power Rangers.  Additionally, the Master Villain who wins will be allowed to choose one other player that was under their control at some point to win a prize.  The only way to defeat a Master Villain is to vote him/her out of the game.

Special Bonus Power - Once during the game, the Master Villains can choose to disable the Ranger's communication with Zordon.  To do so, they must PM the GameMaster with the name of who they believe Zordon is.  If they are correct, communication with Zordon will be cut for two days.  If they are incorrect, they fail and will be unable to use this power again.

Monsters - Transformed Townies
Normal Townies will be transformed - one each day - into a monster that will attack Angel Grove and the Power Rangers.  The player will select two weapons that are his/her weakness (via PM to the Host).  If a Ranger chooses to attack you with said weapon, you will be defeated and out of the game.  If you survive the day, you will be given the option (via nightly action PM'd to the Host) to destroy one other player.  This means, possibly, multiple monsters could be attacking multiple players (and, thus, multiple Rangers) nightly.  Monster attacks against Zedd/Rita will fail.  Monsters DO NOT KNOW THE IDENTITIES OF THE POWER RANGERS OR WHO ZEDD/RITA are.  Zedd and Rita can communicate with the monsters if they so wish, and are encouraged to give them direction (i.e.: who to vote for, who to attack).  However, the information given to monsters should be minimal - because, as an alternative to defeating them, it may be possible for the Rangers to break the spell cast upon the townie.  Monsters can also be voted out of the game.  A townie that has been transformed into a monster can win a prize by becoming one of the elite soldiers in Rita or Zedd's army - if Rita or Zedd wins and picks you as their most loyal subject.

Troublesome Duo - Bulk and Skull
Two players will be selected to play as Bulk and Skull.  These two players cannot have a monster spell cast upon them, nor can they be recruited as Rangers.  The only way to remove Bulk or Skull from the game is to vote them out.  Each night, Bulk or Skull (alternating while two remain, otherwise, whichever lives) will get to "investigate" one player (via PM to the Host).  Their goal: Expose the secret identities of the Power Rangers.  To win, the team must identify and publically unmask all five current Rangers before either the Rangers are defeated or before Zedd and Rita are defeated.  They may only make one proclamation each day as to who they believe are the five Power Rangers.  Investigating a player who is a Ranger will reveal to them that Ranger's color.  Investigating a normal townie will reveal that the player is a townie.  Investigating a spell-bound townie will reveal that said player is a monster.  If Bulk or Skull investigates Zedd or Rita, their magic will hide them as normal townies.  If Bulk and Skull manage to identify all five Rangers (they do not need to do so by color, just player's names), the team will both win prizes.  If they reveal a monster, they may want to share this information with the Power Rangers.  However, doing so may reveal their own secret identities.

The Good Guys:

Big headed mentor - Zordon
You are an unusual player.  You cannot be voted out.  You cannot vote.  You cannot die.  Before the game starts, players will send the Host PMs with a "vote" as to whom they wish to be the most powerful player of the good guys.  Whomever gets the most votes will be given this role.  Starting off, your role will be a small one - you will get to know the secret identities of the Power Rangers.  You will communicate with them and hold them together.  If needed, you will recruit replacement Rangers from within the ranks of the normal townies.  If the Rangers win and defeat Zedd and Rita, you will win a prize!  Additionally, you will get to pick one other Ranger who has risen above the rest to receive a prize.

If Zordon's communication with the Rangers is disabled, he will be knocked out of the game for two days.  This will prevent him from communicating with the Rangers and will prevent him from picking replacement Rangers when needed.

Red Ranger:
The only Ranger with a special "power" - Because of your great leadership skills, if you are attacked at night by a monster, you will inspire a random teammate to take the hit for you (so long as teammates survive).

Rangers
Each day, each Ranger will send the host a separate PM.  Include the name of the monster you wish to take on and the weapon you choose to use.  If you succeed, the monster will be defeated.  If you fail, the monster will have the chance to attack an individual Ranger at night.  You can defend yourself or another townie against attack if you know to protect yourself (or the teammate) from the monster attacking (via nightly PM to the Host containing the name of the monster you think will attack and who you wish to defend - yourself or another townie.)  If a monster attacks the Red Ranger and he fails to prevent the attack, the other Ranger who takes the hit will fall, regardless if they were on guard against the attack themselves. Additionally, you can be voted out by townies.

Replacement Rangers - Recruited Townies
If a Ranger falls, either in battle or by vote, Zordon will be allowed to choose a replacement Ranger by sending the host the names of three townies.  After removing Zedd/Rita (if applicable), one townie will randomly be chosen to replace the fallen Ranger.  Zordon can only replace up to two Rangers per night.  If Zordon chooses a townie that is under Zedd/Rita's spell, that spell will be broken and the former monster will become a Power Ranger - with all the knowledge that Zedd/Rita gave them before.

Weapons:
Blade Blasters
Megazord: Battle Mode
Tyrannosaurus - Can only be used by Red Ranger
Mastodon - Can only be used by Black Ranger
Pterodactyl - Can only be used by Pink Ranger
Triceratops - Can only be used by Blue Ranger
Saber tooth Tiger - Can only be used by Yellow Ranger
Sword of Power
Power Blaster
Power Lance - Can only be used by Blue Ranger
Power Bow - Can only be used by Pink Ranger
Power Sword - Can only be used by Red Ranger
Power Daggers - Can only be used by Yellow Ranger
Power Axe - Can only be used by Black Ranger

Daily Time Line:

Day:
New Ranger(s) will be notified.
New Monster will be notified and announced (via Host) and will need to PM Host with the weapon that is their weakness.
Thread will be created - Active Monsters will be listed as well as a recap of events.
Each Player Votes in the thread - Remember, the goal is to vote out Zedd and Rita.
Rangers need to PM Host the monster they wish to attack and the weapon they wish to use.
Bulk/Skull make make a post in the day's thread proclaiming which five players they believe to be the Power Rangers.

Night:
Any voted out players will be removed from the game.
Zedd/Rita get to pick a townie to cast a spell on.
Any remaining monsters need to PM Host with who they wish to attack.
Rangers need to PM Host with the name of the player they wish to protect.
Bulk/Skull need to PM Host with the player they wish to investigate.
Zordon needs to PM Host with replacement Rangers candidates (if applicable).

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2010, 04:04:17 AM »
So if a new monster player fails to call a weakness, do you pick one at random I assume?

This is rather complicated but I am excited to try it.
My Game Collection

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2010, 08:59:24 AM »
Good point.  If the new monster doesn't pick a weakness on the first day, they forfeit their night action.  If the new monster doesn't pick a weakness in two days, he/she's out of the game.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2010, 06:07:03 PM »
But will you pick a weakness for them? It could be used to exploit the system by strategically not choosing a weakness if it guarantees they are not going to die that night.
My Game Collection

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2010, 09:17:01 PM »
Unclebob have you contacted people if they want to play?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2010, 10:46:06 PM »
But will you pick a weakness for them? It could be used to exploit the system by strategically not choosing a weakness if it guarantees they are not going to die that night.

It also guarantees they get no kill that night - basically, they get to spend the day doing nothing - as if they aren't a monster at all and Zedd/Rita wasted their spell for that day.  Also, if Bulk/Skull investigates them, they'll still show up as a monster.

Oh, here's a treat - if Bulk/Skull investigates a monster, they'll also find out that monster's weakness (if they haven't chosen one, B/S will find out when it's been picked).

Maxi, I haven't yet - gonna let the sign ups run a short while longer before I start harassing people. ;)

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2010, 02:42:04 PM »
Could you update the first post with all the info in the thread? Also who is playing as well. It has been a few days and nobody has signed up so now I would think would be a good time to contact people.:)
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2010, 02:47:33 PM »
*reads instructions*

I'M SO CONFUSED
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2010, 02:53:47 PM »
When the game starts I can help you out if you would like Halbred. For all the roles and stuff I find it best to wait for what role you have so you don't really have to worry to much about to many things.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2010, 03:13:58 PM »
Cool. Thanks, Maxi. I'll need it.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2010, 06:32:39 PM »
If a transformed monster does not submit a weakness during the day, they will not be able to perform a night action.  All players will be made aware that this monster will be inactive during the evening, as not to waste their own night actions.  If the monster fails to submit their weakness on the second day, then they will be removed from the game.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2010, 06:40:24 PM »
13/25 signups.  Think we can push it there?  Or, at least, to 20? :)

I didn't realize I already had 13 people signed up.  I was getting a little disappointed with the turn out.  I *may* trim down the number of active rangers if we don't get enough people signed up - but surely we can do this!  I'm going to start sending out harassment PMs tomorrow, so if you don't want to be harassed, sign up now.  Also, bans for anyone who doesn't sign up.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2010, 07:46:45 PM »
iv been green ranger for 11 days now!
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post