Author Topic: NBA Thread: Brought To You By The Tampa Bay Raptors Of Toronto  (Read 674291 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: NBA Thread: Out for the Season (Broken Hand)
« Reply #1925 on: December 09, 2019, 02:18:27 AM »
AD just scored 50 versus KAT and the T-Wolves.  I am loving this team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4IoROjTFOk
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: December 10, 2019, 04:30:27 AM »
Anyone catch the end of the Kings Rockets game tonight!!? LMAO!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQssRp1iZXM

I swear, watching Westbrick and Harden both fail at the same time is a true joy. One of my joys from this season since I have to root for my team to continue losing for the remainder of this season.

a few seconds left in the 4th, game tied, Westbrook gets the layup and calls "GAME OVER" with one second left on the clock.
Kings call timeout. Advance the ball to the front court. Get the inbound to Bjelica for an open 3.....
shots in the air, time runs off the clock and.... BOOM. Kings win by 1.

Rockets stand on their home court dumbfounded as to what just happened.

I jumped up so quick, laughed and cheered so hard, I gave myself a headache. LMAO

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: December 10, 2019, 10:13:57 AM »
That result won't stand. The refs missed a call with 7 or 8 minutes left in the fourth quarter that hurt the Rockets, so they can protest and ask for either the retroactive win or a re-do of the last half-quarter of play.

(No, I'm not serious. That is a completely ridiculous idea, and surely no sane person would think a protest like that could really be entertained.)

--

Oh wow, that was a heck of a way to end the game though.  Great job, Kings!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 10:17:27 AM by ejamer »
NNID: ejamer

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1928 on: December 13, 2019, 03:18:28 PM »
I guess there is a NBA League Pass free preview going on until the 19th.  https://www.nba.com/scores#/   
Anyone looking to watch any of those games?   
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: December 13, 2019, 08:13:40 PM »
Forgot to post this the other day. Super classy crowd reaction from Toronto to Kawhi Leonard.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: December 14, 2019, 08:32:45 AM »
Forgot to post this the other day. Super classy crowd reaction from Toronto to Kawhi Leonard.

We (i.e. Raptors fans) will always feel sad that he chose to leave. I still think that staying one more year, maybe two at most, could've been a very good situation for him. But what's done is done.

Kawhi earned full respect for his professionalism, his hard work, and his success while on the team. His approach to the media and the fan base was flawless while here. He's going to see a lot of love from this country for a long, long time.

My only disappointment is that the Raptors are playing so poorly right now and couldn't put on a better show when he came to town. They don't meet again, right?  Oh well... Hopefully they'll have things back on track for the Christmas showing.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 08:34:23 AM by ejamer »
NNID: ejamer

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1931 on: December 17, 2019, 09:36:41 PM »
Well it had to happen at some point in the season.  The Lakers finally lost away from Staples Center.  They were down AD and Kuzma and had to have a balanced scoring attack to keep it close.  Some late free throw missed from Howard and LeBron could of kept the Lakers in it but the Lakers lost 105-102.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: December 17, 2019, 09:48:42 PM »
Some bad late game decisions by the Lakers. James taking that three pointer when he was 0 for 4. Frank Vogel keeping Rondo in for the last possession when he isn’t a shooter. Rondo taking the last shot. Green looked like he was running to the corner. No time for that. Run toward the ball, man. That was a winnable game. I didn’t think James asserted himself enough. I wonder if he was taking it easy because there was no Davis and the Lakers play the Bucks on Thursday.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: December 17, 2019, 09:49:59 PM »
There goes their of dreams of 74-8

Lebron is a fraud. /s

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: December 19, 2019, 11:42:57 PM »
The Lakers got worked even if the final score doesn’t look like it. They were never really in the game. Got within like seven points, just couldn’t close the gap. It didn’t help that the Lakers got four points from the bench. Granted, they were on the final game of a five game road trip, and the Bucks were hitting hella threes. On the plus side, Danny Green showed up on offense.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1935 on: December 20, 2019, 12:05:44 AM »
Bench needs to produce more when Kuzma is out and let the starters rest a little.  I wonder if until Kuzma comes back maybe KCP needs to come off the bench so there is a scoring punch off the bench and have Bradley start like he was at the start of the year.

This game was difficult to watch in the first half where the Bucks were up by a large margin.  It also doesn't help when Giannis is hitting 3s better than last season.  He must have gotten 3 point training from Kyle Korver in the off season and in training camp. People have been saying that Giannis needs to get better at the 3 last season to be the best player in the league. Well that has happened and I am genuinely scared for the league with how Giannis is playing.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: December 20, 2019, 01:59:05 AM »
Giannis hit a Deep 3 with no fear.

my hopes for the Bucks to crater in the off season and Giannis to flee to the Bay are fading quickly. LOL

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1937 on: December 20, 2019, 09:53:22 PM »
So this keeps on coming up in the NBA news and it has been expanding on as far as the plans go. 
This is about a in-season tourney for the 7th and 8 seeds in the conferences.  Here is how it would work.

The NBA season would be reduced to 78 games. This would in theory start in the 2021-2022 season on a trial basis and would have an option to continue the following season.

There would be an in season tourney and a play in tourney.

The in season tourney would start play around Nov 24th 2021 and goes till Dec 11th 2021. (Dates are tenitive)
In that tourney there would be 8 divisional games played. 4 home and 4 away games. The 6 division winners and 2 wild card teams would qualify for the quarter finals. Semi finals would be played as a double header and the finals would take place 2 days after the semi finals. Semis and Finals will be played at a neutral site like Vegas.  Basically where there is no home court advantage. Players on the winning team would split 15 million amongst each other and the couching staff would split 1.5 million.  There could be different prizing for the teams that made the final 4. 

This is how the play in tourney would work.

The regular season would end on a Saturday as opposed to Wednesday, giving teams a whole week before the playoffs start.   
Top 6 teams in each conference is in the playoffs.  The 7 through 10 seeds will have a chance to get in the playoffs by playing each other. The 7th and 8th seed would play each other with the winner clinching the 7th seed. The 9th and 10th seed would play each other with the winner of that/those game(s)? would play the loser of the 7/8 seed matchup to determine the 8th seed.   The first 2 rounds would be played as usual and when it gets down to the final 4 teams they will be reseeded based on regular season record.

https://www.nba.com/article/2019/12/20/nba-proposes-78-game-season-among-changes
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: December 23, 2019, 08:10:53 PM »
The Jazz have traded the Corpse of Dante Exum and 2 2nd Round picks to the Cleveland Cavaliers in exchange for Jordan Clarkson.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28362393/sources-jazz-agree-deal-dante-exum-picks-cavaliers-jordan-clarkson

Well, I'm glad to finally be rid of Exum, a guy who's played so poorly even when healthy that I still can't believe we held onto him as long as we did. Coach Snyder flat out refused to play him more than garbage time, which says a lot considering how absolutely wretched our bench is. While I'm not fond of how much we gave up for this guy, I can't say that our bench could possibly get any worse than it is right now. We also got rid of his dead weight of a contract, as Clarkson is on an expiring one. That game against the Magic where the bench gave up an 8-32 run was probably the last straw with management (thankfully, we still took the game back and won).
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 08:13:26 PM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1939 on: December 23, 2019, 08:44:50 PM »
As a fan of the Lakers, Clarkson was on the Lakers for a time and he is a great facilitator and scorer.  You probably won't get much defensively but he can rebound decently for a guard.   
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: December 24, 2019, 06:41:08 AM »
Looks like the Jazz aren't done gutting their useless bench, as they immediately released Jeff Green upon their (expected) loss to Miami. There's little love lost there with the fans, as Green (unlike Exum) routinely played heavy minutes on the bench and was still extremely sloppy and unreliable. The fanbase outright hated seeing him on the court. In his place, the Jazz signed...Rayjon Tucker from the Bucks' G-League Affiliate?  :o

The theory right now is that the Jazz are looking to poach talent off their G-League Affiliate, the Salt Lake City Stars, who have been very successful of late, and they needed warm bodies to throw onto that team.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: December 24, 2019, 02:36:35 PM »
I clicked into this thread hoping to see broodwars comment on Dante Exum. Was not disappointed. ðŸ‘

Do the Jazz have any current rivalries? Jeff Green will sign with one of those teams and immediately be efficient and effective because y’all are the Jazz.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: December 24, 2019, 04:05:43 PM »
I'm pretty sure no one was watching yesterday besides me, but I tuned in and watched these boys playing DEFENSE. They were making appropriate switches, and communicating enough to switch off mismatches and keep the opposing offense from getting easy ball movement.
It wasn't perfect, but damn was it nice to see them playing like a team that knew what it was doing.

We had a 25 point lead at one point if I remember correctly, and even though they let the lead slip at the beginning of the 4th, partially because of Dray being overzealous with aggressive passing attempts, it was a good 3.5 Qtr effort that lead to our first 2 game win streak this season.

Now we gotta play the Rockets tomorrow..... I don't see that going well at all, but maybe we get an Xmas surprise?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1943 on: December 24, 2019, 04:10:59 PM »
I'm pretty sure no one was watching yesterday besides me, but I tuned in and watched these boys playing DEFENSE. They were making appropriate switches, and communicating enough to switch off mismatches and keep the opposing offense from getting easy ball movement.
It wasn't perfect, but damn was it nice to see them playing like a team that knew what it was doing.

We had a 25 point lead at one point if I remember correctly, and even though they let the lead slip at the beginning of the 4th, partially because of Dray being overzealous with aggressive passing attempts, it was a good 3.5 Qtr effort that lead to our first 2 game win streak this season.

Now we gotta play the Rockets tomorrow..... I don't see that going well at all, but maybe we get an Xmas surprise?
I didn't actually see the game as I was watching the Suns versus the Nuggets at the time but I did see D'lo score like 25 of something at some point in the game. Warriors are healthy aside from Curry and Klay but I was kinda surprised yesterday at the result.  Now the Suns next game is against the Warriors up in the bay area. This has got to be a game where we win and break our skid in the standings because the 3rd and 4th game is going to be Blazers and Lakers which I don't think we are going to win. 
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1944 on: December 24, 2019, 04:13:36 PM »
On the Laker front tomorrow is the Xmas game versus the Clippers and it looks like everyone is going to be playing.  AD and LeBron versus Kawhi and George.  Also Rondo and Kuzma will be back who missed the season opener so that should be very helpful.   I am thinking a Laker win although it will be close.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: December 24, 2019, 05:07:58 PM »
I clicked into this thread hoping to see broodwars comment on Dante Exum. Was not disappointed. ðŸ‘

Do the Jazz have any current rivalries? Jeff Green will sign with one of those teams and immediately be efficient and effective because y’all are the Jazz.

Well, we had a big rivalry with the Nuggets back in the Carmelo Anthony days, and we had one with the Hornets (now the Pelicans) back in the Deron Williams/Chris Paul days. The closest I can think to being a "rival" these days is probably the Rockets, since they've bounced us out of the playoffs several years in a row now.

And yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Exum & Green turned their careers around elsewhere, but they certainly weren't going anywhere under Quin Snyder. It actually says a lot about how bad Green has been that management was all "Exum? That guy we never play because he's a corpse we reanimated with black magic? Yeah, we have to trade him. Green? That guy we play 18+ minutes a night from the bench? JUST CUT HIM!"

Davis probably would be on the chopping block with them if he didn't have an expensive contract. Plus, he was playing alright until he got injured for 4 weeks.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: December 26, 2019, 12:12:32 AM »
The Lakers have no answer for the Clippers. More accurately, the Lakers’ answer to the Clippers is to lose a 15 point lead in the second half and look like a JV squad when it matters. I hate that I stayed up to watch this game.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1947 on: December 26, 2019, 12:29:38 AM »
Clippers were playing zone most of the game and they dealt with this sort of thing in the Miami game.  They just played into the Clippers hands by shooting 3s and driving and finding the right man.  It was frustrating to watch.  Kuzma went off in the 1st half and he was benched most of the 4th quarter.   
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: December 26, 2019, 02:24:13 AM »
I'm late to post but....

MERRY MUTHAFUCKIN CHRISTMAS FROM THE BAY!!!!!!!
Warriors beat the Rockets on Christmas!!! Houston is cursed for the rest of the season.
Beaten by the GState Warriors GLeague Warriors!!!! LOL

we also happen to have 3 wins in a row. We can now go into a slumber and claim that as our Championship for the season and continue on our path to the #1 Pick this season.

That **** was sooooo unexpected. I watched form the get go celebrating the early lead, and expecting to never see it again. After watching Westbrick continue to try so hard to still be so terrible, I knew we still had a chance to stay in this.

I also heard Curry was doing some sort of training with the team, which means he could be back sooner rather than later. We must've gotten assurances from Adam Silver that a Top 4 pick is ours regardless of outcome this season. LOL

and then to watch the Lakers lose to the Clippers on their home court. #ClippersStadium

hate to see the Clippers win, but LOVE to see the Lakers lose.

not to mention the Buck went down today (operation Golden Giannis is still a go!!!)
and the Pels get a win with that 8 win to 8 loss ratio. (now 9's)

Truly a Very Merry Christmas!!!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 02:33:02 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: December 26, 2019, 10:31:35 PM »
and this.... this is the look of a man that realizes he may have made a tactical error.....