Author Topic: Microsoft Enters Into Agreement To Acquire Activision Blizzard For US$68.7bn  (Read 7173 times)

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Ideally someone buys Konami. We can all agree. They used to be one of my favorite third parties, but whoever inherited/retirement funded Konami needs to replaced. I'd like Sony to buy Konami and put Kojima on the board. I would say have him become the CEO, but he already has his own company. Konami is worth about 6 billion. Which, compared to other game companies is small. There are a few over-valued tech companies in the space now.

As much as I like Metal Gear, I'd rather see an epic Goemon game. A rebooted version of Silent Hills would be nice.

Konami is the least likely to be bought since most of their money comes from non-videogame related industries in Japan.  Unless Sony really wants to own a bunch of health centers, spending over 6 billion to buy them is no where near what they gaming IP's are worth.  Especially when Konami already gutted most of their own game studio's and drove away all the top talent, it's not worth much as a gaming company since they cant develop much either.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Ideally someone buys Konami. We can all agree. They used to be one of my favorite third parties, but whoever inherited/retirement funded Konami needs to replaced. I'd like Sony to buy Konami and put Kojima on the board. I would say have him become the CEO, but he already has his own company. Konami is worth about 6 billion. Which, compared to other game companies is small. There are a few over-valued tech companies in the space now.

As much as I like Metal Gear, I'd rather see an epic Goemon game. A rebooted version of Silent Hills would be nice.

Konami is the least likely to be bought since most of their money comes from non-videogame related industries in Japan.  Unless Sony really wants to own a bunch of health centers, spending over 6 billion to buy them is no where near what they gaming IP's are worth.  Especially when Konami already gutted most of their own game studio's and drove away all the top talent, it's not worth much as a gaming company since they cant develop much either.

Indeed, hence my joke earlier about the Yakuza never selling Konami.

Been seeing wild speculation lately about one of the big tech companies buying Sony's PlayStation division, and I'd like to know what they're smoking. The PlayStation division is not only Sony's most profitable division but IIRC it's their *only* profitable division. Why in the world would they sell it?
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.