Author Topic: GCN Games and Widescreen/Progressive Scan  (Read 2667 times)

Offline Garaphin

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
GCN Games and Widescreen/Progressive Scan
« on: March 10, 2003, 06:09:19 AM »
Hi everyone, I apologize if this has been addressed already in the past...

I'm interested in upgrading my video rig to a widescreen (16:9) HDTV running compatible games in progressive scan mode.  Now my question is, how many GCN games (rough estimate) support the 16:9 video size?  I know some games like Super Monkey Ball 2 and Eternal Darkness have options to set the screen for 16:9 dispay, but I think I've also heard that starting up some games in progressive scan mode will automatically adjust the video width to widescreen proportions.  Can anyone shed some light on this?

thanks!

-Garaphin

Offline aoi tsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2003, 03:42:41 AM »
i can think of roughly 20 games that support 16:9, and i know there's around 40 that support progressive scan. On average, most EA Sports games support both, and most Nintendo games support progressive scan.

i don't have any experience playing games in progressive scan mode, so i can't comment on whether or not they automatically switch to 16:9 when played in progressive, although it seems like this would be an option left to the gamer to choose in options.

Check out Mingesium's Ultimate Game list (the link is in my sig). There's several progressive scan games on the list, and i believe several 16:9-compatible games.  
"Snake felt a hunger for Meryl blossom within his loins."

Offline Azule

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2003, 05:25:28 AM »
I don't have the TV either, but some games say that the TV may set itself to 16:9 mode automatically, just because you set the game to progressive scan mode, (I think) even sometimes though the game may not support 16:9.
I have crabs, would you like some?

Visit TendoFire, it's for your own good, OK!