Community Forums > Movies & TV

Khushrenada's Pretty Late Oscar Thread. 2019 Edition.

(1/2) > >>

Khushrenada:
Well, I predicted it last year and it has come to pass.

--- Quote from: Khushrenada on March 04, 2018, 11:08:44 AM ---Man, these Oscar threads keep getting made closer and closer to the start of the ceremony. Next year, I'll be typing it just ahead of the show.  ;)

--- End quote ---

Hopefully my actual picks for the winners this year also turn out to be as accurate. No time to go into the detail I'd like so here's the breakdown in case you were still looking for advice.

Short Film Animated - Bao
Short Film Live Action - Mother
Short Film Documentary - Period. End of Sentence
Sound Mixing - Bohemian Rhapsody
Sound Editing - First Man
Film Editing - Bohemian Rhapsody
Visual Effects - First Man
Makeup and Hairstyling - Vice
Costume Design - The Favorite
Production Design - The Favorite
Cinematography - Roma
Original Score - If Beale Street Could Talk
Original Song - Shallow
Animated Feature - Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse
Documentary Feature - Free Solo
Foreign-Language Film - Roma
Adapted Screenplay - BlacKkKlansman
Original Screenplay - The Favorite
Supporting Actor - Richard E Grant
Supporting Actress - Regina King
Best Actor - Rami Malek
Best Actress - Glenn Close
Best Director - Alfonso Cuaron
Best Picture - The Favorite

I'll talk more about it all later.

Order.RSS:
Looks like you were correct on 13/24 if I counted correctly! How's that stack up to previous years?

I don't think I saw any of the movies nominated this year besides Black Panther, so I don't really have opinions on anything haha. The trailer for Green Book looks pretty good, but on Twitter I saw a lot of people comparing it to Crash (2004), whichhhhhhhhhhh I haven't seen either but not heard great things about, put it that way.

Still want to see the Miles Morales movie, maybe Vice too because I really liked The Big Short. Any other good recommendations? BlacKkKlansman and First Man sound great from their subject matter. I should take more time to watch good films again instead of shallow popcorn junk maybe.

ShyGuy:
The Oscars are rigged!

broodwars:
I didn't watch the Oscars, as I don't every year, but I'm happy that Into the Spider-verse got the recognition it deserved.

nickmitch:
The Oscars were pretty good without a host.  I missed the open, but apparently Queen played.  They seemed to minimize the skits and speaking between the awards, which was kinda nice, but the show still felt really long.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version