Author Topic: Mafia LVII:Friendship is Chaos End game thread & MVP voting thread.  (Read 21712 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.

Rarity(Khushrenada)  even though she was so unlike her generous self and much like her greedy and selfish discorded self she was greedy for Discord (Oblivion's) head for what he did to her. So like a rockslides of Tom's the votes kept on coming on from the remaining ponies in the the desert. Pinkie Pie (Silenced) threw out a vote but it was a prank vote much expected from the Pink party pony. Big McIntosh (Nickmitch) being the quiet and strong and long standing pony in the world of Equestria and in forum games knew he had to stand strong and get out Discord.

Discord maybe possibly being confused by his own chaos magic or maybe he figured that he had lost and it was over voted for himself. He wasn't to sure to be honest.

AppleJack (Mop it up) just stood back and was in shock at was happening that she didn't vote.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 05:46:45 PM by Khushrenada »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: Mafia LVII:Frindship is Chaos End game thread and MVP voting thread.
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 12:40:46 AM »
Oblivion was voted out. Oblivion was Discord. As per the rules. If the GF is voted out he doesn't get a hit for the night. He attempted to kill Khushrenada who was Rarity and who was Discorded. He attempted to discorded Super and Silenced. SUPER was a normal pony and Silenced was Pinkie Pie. The discord on Super wasn't effective because townies can't be discorded. Silenced was protected from the discord because of the Invisible Ink.

Apple Jack was Mop it up. Even if Silenced was discorded AJ was still normal and that would still cause the townies to still win the game. 
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 12:54:59 AM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 12:41:04 AM »
The way the voting for MVP is going to work is there is going to be 2 MVP's. One for the Villian's side and one for the Mane 6 and ponies side. Everyone in the game will send me a PM with a their choices for both a MVP for both sides. I will give my thoughts on everyone's play which you may take into consideration or not for your vote.

As for prizes there will be 2. Ohhboy has before the game started decided to give the leftover prize from the previous Mafia game to one of the winners. I have decided that whoever gets the Mafia MVP will get that prize.

Whoever gets the Mane 6 or pony MVP will get the MLP:FIM themed prize which I will be getting when I have a chance to in the coming days.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 01:05:29 AM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 12:41:47 AM »
This is the first game which I have tried to have many moving parts in the game and it could have used some fine tuning to be honest. The Chocolate Rain was the hardest part to manage. Essentially the Chocolate Rain was the Blue Shell from the Mario Kart Mafia games but to a more higher degree.

I also tried to put in some extra abilities for the roles depending on what day it was. I know the Mafia when there is two Mafia's in the game can get different things but I thought I would try this out for any future hosts to try their hand at this type of idea for future games for singular roles.

Now about the supposed rigged game. I am just going to say this. Chocolate Rain was in play at the time. Every action in the game could be altered in a way that it could go wrong or beneficial to both sides. It was a way to get items to other people where it was not possible otherwise. The townies could unwittingly be protecting the GF from an item attack, the mafia could attack their own teammates. The Mafia took the risk in sending the hit out there and well they lost a teammate. You don't always have to be aggressive with your hits. On night two you didn't send in the hit and well townies decided to start voting out inactive people which I might add wasn't you guys. All the Mafia was active this game each day blending in the vote.

Okay now onto the individual players and my thoughts.

Ceric- Not much to say about your play. You voted for apdude and well you got unlucky when Silenced got the Katana Blade the first day and used it on you. You did managed to identify Twilight Sparkle right away and kill her. Also only 1 person got binoculars in the whole game and that was stevey on day 1 so essentially the townies were blind as far as roles go unless they trusted each other with roles. Also you managed to get the Elements of Harmony item right away and make it so that the townies couldn't use them.

Insanolord- only real noteworthy thing you did before you died was investigate Nickmitch and I told you he showed up as a townie. That could have told you two things. He was the queen or a normal townie. You got killed along with Ceric the 1st night.

Apdude- Not much that you did other then get voted out and used the anvil on Ceric. Which I am quite amazed at. It seems everyone was spot on for Day 1 with their targets.

Bustin98- You played fairly well despite the hand you were dealt in that you essentially were to die as your role. On the second day however because of the area the game was in I came up with a way to save your life if you could manage to keep the tie till the end of the day. It didn't happen and well because of the Mafia broke the tie essentually and in the end kinda spelled their own doom with it. Your vote was spot on and I am glad someone paid attention to it when it counted. In essence you voted out Discord before it actually happened.

TJ Spike unfortunately you were a victim of bad items and a tie gone wrong. I don't think you stood out that much in the vote either. Hope you play next game.

Unclebob- If I remember your plan of action it was to stay under the radar so that you wouldn't die. Because whatever you do you die. Maybe you need to look at all your games and make a drastic change to your playstyle.

jrlibrarian- Fluttershy There unfortunately wasn't a way at that time to get out of the vote. There was the element of getting the KO gas from the previous day and the people voting for you would have had to be affected by the item by other people.

Shyguy- Not much that you did this game that I could see as far as Items went. I will say that you were a genius with the voting pattern and keeping yourself hidden as far as getting votes for the townies and townie roles go. You played like you usually do. You were out there but you were wispering in the ear of all the townies and pretty much getting them to vote for people. In that regard you were great. You did great staying alive in the vote while going unnoticed. The only thing that I think may have have hurt you was the bringing me into the game or bring to much attention to yourself.

Oblivion- I will say that your play after Ceric died was pretty good and spot on as far as finding and discording the Mane 6. Probably the only mistake you made was not sending the hit on day 2 which could have possibly won the game had misfortune not happened.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 02:25:59 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 12:45:45 AM »
Hey Shyguy. Look at me. I'm posting in a locked thread before Maxi posts his info. Money. Best superpower on Earth.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 03:50:20 AM »
Here's what was going on from my perspective:
Day 1 - I want to post some crazy, on-tilt messages to push suspicion away from myself and also look non-threatening, or at least amusing, to mafia since historically I've been bumped off early. Apdude caught on to what I was doing, but unforunately I was distracted with... Fallout. :brony

Day 2 - jrlibrarian seems like as good as a target as any, being a late bandwagoner. I'm inclined to side with TJSpyke because I figured if he was mafia, he'd have bumped me off on day 1 given our history of spiting each other on the forum :brony
Khushrenada sent me a message trying to butter me up, and I was a bit suspicious, although I guess a legit message would look pretty much the same anyway.

Day 3 - Khushrenada had a whole voting bloc working together with some apparently good circumstantial evidence that tjspyke was mafia, so I was inclined to switch my vote to tj at the last minute (and also because it was funny). I still had my plan to vote out jr the next day so I was okay if he turned out to be a townie. I was still worried about the worst case scenario of Khush being mafia so I had my fingers crossed for the buzzsaw.

Day 4 - Ran a train on jr with Khush's support, since I helped him out. I figured it was highly likely he was mafia given that he had narrowly avoided more than one vote out, and it was also highly likely that if he was mafia, so was Shyguy. Shyguy was pretty suspicious anyway. If he wasn't, I had no backup plan and things could have gotten awful.

Day 5 - Mafia gets randomly killed, townies luck out. Khush had a list of suspects that jived pretty well with reality, so I believed he was legit. Game seems to be in the bag at this point. And it was!

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2012, 06:10:46 AM »
Other than guessing Ceric as mafia after getting a lucky katana, things pretty much fell apart for me from there. I think the MVP is pretty obvious if we must vote.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2012, 09:57:06 AM »
I didn't want to kill players like Khush, Stevey, and SUPER right away because they make the game more interesting. I always hate when all the prolific posters get killed early and the game becomes a ghost town.

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2012, 11:40:02 AM »
I may have played it wrong, since I'm not a townie very often for some reason, but my theory on this game is if your just a regular townie you should be extra vocal to...

A) draw attention to yourself so even if you eat a mafia hit the important townies stay alive
B) draw out Mafia bandwagon votes
C) try to set up an aliance with some people you think are clean via PM's to a least get more info out there

So with that I feel I did my part, though unfortunately I didn't get to play very long, but still fun to watch.

For MVP's I'm thinking Silenced played a good game.  He seemed shifty enough that the Mafia didn't want to target him as he may potentially get bandwagoned, but was putting out enough good info that the townies didn't want to vote him out.  Struck a nice ballance with that.  Honorable mention to Khush, and Bustin (though I still don't understand what happend there on day 2), Super was pretty entertaining as well.

Mafia side probably Oblivion.  Shyguy seemed a little too reluctant without any reasoning, plus he voted me out day 1.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 12:37:35 PM by apdude »

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2012, 12:35:41 PM »
Let's ask why Maxi targeted me with Chocolate Rain and then lied and said it was randomized?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2012, 12:36:13 PM »
Basically apdude with the Bustin98 vote I added to Bustin's role that he could save himself and whoever he was tied with if they were either a townie role or a normal townie. If whoever he was tied with was a Mafia player then he would die and the Mafia player would live. It was only in the area of Cloudsdale though which was on Day 2.Cloudsdale is the city in the clouds and the city where all the Pegasi live and also where the weather is made in Equestria. However he had to keep it tied till the end of the day. It was on him to do it and well there was some breakage of ties and he lost the vote.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2012, 12:45:10 PM »
Are townies allowed to PM each other?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2012, 12:57:47 PM »
Shyguy I wasn't lying when it was randomized. That was the first randomized that happened. I put everyone's name on one list that was alive at the time and then the hit, items and role actions in 3 seperate lists so that the hit would get a chance to get protected against. Your name was atop of the list Shyguy and they get the hit because there is is no other actions like the katana blade or buzz saw that could kill people. Also Someone did get a buzz saw while chocolate rain was up but decided to not use it because he wasn't wreckless. If he been it would have gone after Khushrenada and we would likely still playing the game and Oblivion might still be alive today. The Mafia's choices are why we are here today.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2012, 01:00:51 PM »
Are townies allowed to PM each other?

What do you mean by that and when?
After their death?  No and I was monitoring everything to make sure that didn't happen. This also goes to the Mafia. They can PM me though. While they are alive yes and it is encoraged.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2012, 01:01:15 PM »
Why was my name atop the list? what randomizer software did you use?

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2012, 01:01:36 PM »
I was killed because I PM'ed Maxi too much.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2012, 01:02:43 PM »
I used Random.org as I always do for these games. Your name was on top of the list after the first randomization.

Nope you weren't killed because you PMed me to much don't be silly.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 01:04:39 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2012, 01:04:59 PM »
I don't believe you.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2012, 01:06:13 PM »
Well you are free to believe that but I have said my piece and you have said yours and we can just leave it at that.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2012, 01:06:59 PM »
It's not over. this game should be forfeit due to mod cheating.

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2012, 01:13:15 PM »
Maybe I'll change my MVP vote to Shyguy for exposing the fradulent results!  ::)

Face it you guys were in trouble after day 1. 

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2012, 01:21:04 PM »
I think every Townie should vote Me for Townie MVP.  If it wasn't for my large amount of Bad Luck and Charisma you never would have killed the Godfather on the first day.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2012, 01:25:36 PM »
Maxi, you need to look at this:

Just my way of locking up the game. The real Pinkie Pie came forward on the bait and I knew for sure you were the last mafia member. Contrary to what you might think, the mafia wasn't going to win this game. I've had a solid block of 6 townies, myself included, since the end of day 3 whom I deduced to be innocent and I've been going after my prime suspects from there. Although Fzeroboyo was part of that group and he was playing in name only basically. You were second on my top suspect list after TJ Spyke and if it wasn't for the pressure I had from my group to go after jrlibrarian, you would have been targetted Day 4 instead. It helped that jrlibrarian refused to talk with me and make a case not to hit him. I felt he was innocent but got nothing from him to let me the townies away from him. There was a lot more work done behind the scenes in private messaging than you saw in the voting threads. That way, it makes harder for the mafia to know who to target.

Khush sent this to me in a PM. Doesn't he say that he was PMing other townies? How the hell is the fair for the Mafia? Mafia is supposed to be a game of the uninformed majority versus the informed minority.

**** this. I defintely will not be playing another Mafia game.

EDIT: I'm talking about during the game.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2012, 01:27:17 PM »
Maxi has ruined mafia.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2012, 01:29:21 PM »
Shyguy I'm sorry that you are not happy with the results and I was considering making the next game that I host my last one but if you are not happy with the results then I will make the game after that one my last one on one condition. You have to be my cohost. If you think I was cheating then well I need to have someone to double check me on items,roles, and hits and such. Also as the co-host you need to watch both seasons of the show. I you don't agree with this then the next game I host then well the next game will be my last game as a host.
Alexis, she/her/Miss