Community Forums > NWR Mafia Games

Mafia XXXII: Day 2

(1/10) > >>

NWR_DrewMG:
We'll be getting an early start today.  I can't promise that I'll start an hour early every day, but I have everything ready to go, so no sense waiting an hour to post it.   

As a rule, the voting day will probably open up between 8 CST and 9 CST on a regular basis, depending on how my morning workload is.

Anyways, here's what you came to see:

-=*=-

The group of Toads settled down into the Castle courtyard for the first time since "The Incident".   A notice had gone up around the Kingdom asking everyone to come, so that the matter at hand could be discussed.  Professor E.Gadd, having now cured himself of his appearance affliction, took the podium.

"Thank you all for being here today.  I would like to announce to everyone that I have developed a cure for Toad-itis, but I only have one batch ready today.  I think it is in our best interest to try to decide which of us is King Koopa, and give him the batch first!  None of us are safe with that monster among the crowd!"

And so the Toads debated fiercely for hours.  Fingers were pointed, accusations were made, and voices were raised.   At the end of the day, it was decided that vudu had been acting PARTICULARLY monsterish that day, and was the most likely candidate.  He was pushed toward the center of the room, complete with his "Hello, my name is BIRDO" nametag and asked to drink a potion.  He was about to drink the potion, when...

"WAIT!"

Pale burst into the room, his pockets overflowing with gold coins.  He was wearing fancy gold chains and had on a new pair of shoes.

"WAIT!  I've changed my mind."

The crowd groaned.

"I'd like to change my vote from Maxi to Khushrenada," Pale said.

"If you do that, then we will have no clear majority.  You'll be sparing vudu's life.", E. Gadd replied.

"Yeah, whatever," Pale said, counting a large stack of bills.

"Then, alas, we will save this cure for tomorrow.  No need to waste a batch if we can't all decide who is most likely to kill us while we sleep.  Thanks for coming everyone!  Goodnight!"

Somewhere in the background, Wario's nasally cackle could be heard.

----

Pale had just counted his hundredth bill when he came across a curious sight - a small bottle of liquid that said "drink me".  For a moment, he thought maybe it was a dose of the cure that E.Gadd had been talking about, so without a second thought, he picked up the bottle and began to chug the milky liquid inside.

I know what you're thinking - the liquid wasn't poisoned.  It was, in fact, just milk.  However, it was while he was drinking the bottle of milk, that Pale felt a hammer hit him in the back of the head.  That was the last thing he ever felt.

A curious thing about this Toad affliction - in death, it wears off. 

Pale began to change back into his old self, but it was too late for this townie.

----

Late that night, a shadowy figure snuck into a mushroom shaped hut.  Inside, someone was sleeping, and snoring slightly.  The shadowy figure walked up to the bedside and stared down at his victim.  He tapped on the forehead of the sleeping Toad.

"..huhhhhWhat?" Spak-Spang awoke from his sleep, just in time to have a poisoned mushroom shoved in his mouth.  With a shrug of his shoulders and a look toward the camera, the townie Spak-Spang fell off the screen, and out of the game. 

-=*=-

RESULTS:

Wario changed Pale's vote to Vote Khushrenada, therefore vudu and Khushrenada are tied in the vote at 8 apiece, and both survive to day 2.

Pale (townie) was hit by the Hammer Bros.

Spak-Spang (townie) was hit by the Mafia.

-=*=-

Day 2 starts HERE.

Vote for 1 other player by typing "vote" and their name in bold.

If you change your vote, you must leave unbold (but not erase) your old vote.

The day ends at 11 PM CST.

Night actions are due by 7 AM CST tomorrow.

Mafia Godfather, send in your hit and your assassin.

Luigi, send in your protection action.

Mario, send in your investigation.

Wario, send in your changed vote.

Hammer Bros, send in your hit.

Koopa Jr, send in your frame-job.

vudu:
THANK YOU WARIO!!

Stratos:
That story made me laugh out loud. My roommate must think I'm crazy to be laughing this early in the morning.

decoyman:
Toad, realizing he's still holding the turnip above his head that he plucked the day before, sets it down and rubs his trembling, aching arms.

Well, lots to think about this morning... We lost two townies yesterday – two townies who are good, veteran players of the game. That doesn't bode well. But Wario perhaps helped us not lose more (if, vudu, you are in fact on the townies' side... if you're NOT, well, there'll be a double-vedetta next game, mind you ;) ).

As of now, Spak, who is confirmed townie, said that if he was hit last night, to vote Maxi. Maybe Spak ruffled some feathers in PMs. Don't know. But I'm willing to give a dead townie his last wish.

Vote Maxi.

Dasmos:

--- Quote from: decoyman on March 26, 2009, 10:11:55 AM ---As of now, Spak, who is confirmed townie, said that if he was hit last night, to vote Maxi. Maybe Spak ruffled some feathers in PMs. Don't know. But I'm willing to give a dead townie his last wish.

Vote Maxi.

--- End quote ---

The danger with this is that it's an easy set-up. Now I'm not saying to completely ignore it, but just be wary when basing a vote around something like this. Looking back at Day 1, Maxi didn't seem to do anything suspicious or influence the days play in any way. But as you say, it could all be in the PMs.

I'm still going to push my vote for Khushrenada.

It's almost criminal how many people came to vote by his side before he even came back to explain himself. While his excuse for deleteing his post seems valid it doesn't explain the amount of support he had without being present throughout the day.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version