Author Topic: Old-  (Read 2274 times)

Offline cubeless

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Old-
« on: February 08, 2003, 06:32:01 PM »
 Ok, I know it says "GameCube hardware," but I'd like to know if there's a place to talk about the hardware from older systems. Why? Well, a friend of mine is making a Gentendo, a mix of an NES, SNES and Genesis. The old technology is quite endearing, so I'd like to see something talking about projects such as these. If there is a place, let me know, or redirect this post. Thanks.
The Zebra will win if he...

1. Remains focused
2. Realizes it is a race

Wise words, from a wise man

Offline NarmaK

• View Profile
Old-School Technical
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2003, 06:05:31 PM »
The only way i could think of doing that is to duct tape all 3 systems together.  I think all those systems use different power sources and different AV cables, I think the nes and snes use the same AV cables but it would probably screw up the A and V quality to split them.  I would try to plug all the AV cables into one cable that has AV in at one end and AV out at the other, then i would try to add a three way switch. The same thing would probaly work for the power cables but unless you have experience with electronics you might start a fire.  If yer friend doesnt want to just use duct tape I would try and find a new case to put the raw hardware of all three systems in, I would look for a small PC case but that costs money so for a cheap solution an old crappy vcr case would work if its big enough. If you cant find a crappy giant broken vcr just cut all the systems up and melt the peices together. Something that would be a big problem is ventilation, make sure your friend uses fans or the Gentendo will overheat and stop working. PC fans would be best if you got the money.

blah blah blah all this talk makes me wish i had the systems to make myself a gentendo, oh well maybe ill make myself a DCN192.

Offline Sean

• View Profile
Old-School Technical
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2003, 05:40:51 PM »
I'll just stick with my consoles, separately all sitting in my entertainment center, hooked up together through stereo thanks to this beautiful RCA switchbox.  I would never defile my systems.  NES, SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, Dreamcast, etc...they ain't goin' nowhere.  Nor are they changing shape and transmogrifying into a single unit.  
"I think that if the devil does not exist,
and man has therefore created him,
he has created him in his own image and likeness."
from Fyodor Dostoevsky's THE BROTHERS KARAMAZOV