Author Topic: Xbox mini spotted at Bioware's booth.........  (Read 1338 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Xbox mini spotted at Bioware's booth.........
« on: May 14, 2004, 06:36:35 PM »
in their invite only area,
according to Shogmaster over at Beyond3D Forums

Unforunately, I did not see it personally, but my good friend I went to the show with did. He was asking for a certain poster and they took him into the invite only area to get it for him. He followed in. And there, he saw a miniature XBox (about 1/3 the size of the current version), running Jade Emprie demo. It had the DVD drive in the middle of the face instead of the left side, and still had 4 ports, and styling resembled the current one. It looked "ready to be put on the shelf" according to him. They rushed him and his friends back out with the poster, but he was absolutely positive about what he saw.

Later We were at the Tecmo booth talking to a marketing honcho we know there and we mentioned it to him and his reaction was "we didn't get our's yet!" instead of "really! I didn't know such thing existed". Apprently he was already expecting theirs.

You really think Microsoft is gonna release a new, sleeker, slimmer, smaller version of the Xbox, and not mention it at all?  I know quite a few people that might buy an xbox at the right price if they(me included), had room for one.
And this might boost their sales in Japan also, since their biggest complaint besides being an American product is that the Xbox is just too big.

I also heard prior to E3 that Sony was supposed to reveal the PSTwo.  Has anyone heard anything about it?  

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: Xbox mini spotted at Bioware's booth.........
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2004, 08:00:52 PM »
Maybe it was a dev kit?

Offline joeamis

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Xbox mini spotted at Bioware's booth.........
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2004, 07:26:29 PM »
Sounds legit.  I just don't hope this is an indication that Bioware is infact going to be purchased by Microsoft like the rumors are saying.  Did you know MS literally slipped Bioware 10 million just recently I think it was at GDC.