Author Topic: My Gamecube is having problems  (Read 2875 times)

Offline Perfect Cell

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
My Gamecube is having problems
« on: February 07, 2003, 09:32:14 AM »
The videos on some video heavy games skip, other than that the games play perfectly. What should i do? Clean the lens myself or send it to Nintendo for the 75 dollar repair? or buy a new gamecube?

Offline jesus_crowbar

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2003, 12:20:52 AM »
Check your discs man, then maybe get a CD cleaning kit... If all else fails, send it to nintendo, because if it ain't your fault, they may pay

Offline Perfect Cell

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2003, 04:59:54 AM »
Its not the disks, its the lens on the console deck itself  

Offline Riotamus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2003, 03:27:12 PM »
I agree with jesus_crowbar, but what the frell are you doing with your 'cube?, i've read on some other 'site that if you smoke, the 'tar may get onto your lens. This may sound like a joke, but if you've got a white painted ceiling and you smoke, scrub or whipe a section of your ceiling and tell me i'm wrong.

Offline enigma487

• Scalar, The Destructor!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2003, 10:07:38 AM »
yeah.  if someone in your house smokes, or if you have a woodburning stove, electronics that circulate air to cool just get nasty is a big hurry.  i'm a technician at Best Buy, and you can tell when an item has been in a house where people smoke alot or burn wood.  it's just gross.  just take a Q-tip, get it wet with windex, and wipe the lens clean.  let it dry for about 10 minutes and try it out.

Offline The Doc

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2003, 09:15:54 AM »
Hey this is my first post in the technical discussion section of the forums so let me introduce myself. My name is Aaron and I am A+ certified. I build and repair PC's as a hobby and I hope to as a steady job in the near future. Now to the question at hand, I would agree with the Best Buy technician and to try cleaning the lens of your console with a Q-tip. In the end, if that does not do the job either send it back to Nintendo for repairs or just buy a new GameCube.

The Doc