Gaming Forums > Nintendo Gaming

Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

<< < (3/5) > >>

Evan_B:
I think you can probably create a decent gameplay loop based on the pre-established foundations. For example:
1) Find a launch point or a subterranean entrance within a region that helps Link get to a sky island. Create some sort of mini challenge there, similar to shrines, that once completed, releases a lock for the main dungeon.
2) Once all locks have been released, Link can access the launch point that takes him to the region’s dungeon.
3) Region dungeon is long-form puzzle and combat content that limits usual skill set, grants some element crucial to the main quest.

As there are eight regions to Breath of the Wild’s Hyrule (one being Central Hyrule, which could have Hyrule Castle as its dungeon) and seven years shown in the etchings from the promotional material, one might assume that finding a region’s corresponding dungeon would require scouring its topography for locks/keys/what-have-you. Now, the developers could scale the number of these locks back in comparison with Breath of the Wild’s 120 shrines, and in doing so, make each lock or the corresponding dungeon more substantial as a result. However, I’m just theorycrafting here and people who complained about the Divine Beasts and the lack of traditional 3D Zelda content in BotW are stupid, so I’d be fine if we still had to find a large amount of mini puzzles.

Adrock:
I mostly liked the Shrines. 🤷‍♀️ Not all of them were winners especially the gyro ones. And there were a few instances in which they could have been placed more strategically on the overworld to make fast traveling to certain areas easier like north of Great Hyrule Forest. Still, I wouldn’t say no to some traditional dungeons in Tears of the Kingdom though I kind of want to see an old-school Zelda since we haven’t had one of those in nearly 20 years so maybe do that instead.

Luigi Dude:
I imagine we'll still have Shrines or something similar to them since those were great rewards for exploration and were mostly well liked.  The biggest complaints were too many Test of Strength shrines and the music and look of the Shrines being the same.  I'd imagine Shrines in Tears of the Kingdom will probably have a variety of looks and music to help make them feel more unique, and the Test of Strength Shrines will either be greatly reduced, or have a much larger variety of enemies to fight so they don't all feel too similar as well.

stevey:
NWR didn't get to go to Nintendo's Zelda preview event that everyone is bragging about today?

--- Quote from: Adrock on January 13, 2023, 01:39:25 AM ---
--- Quote ---Is the Switch Pro, or Switch 2 on the horizon? and what do we know about that?
Where are all the credible rumors surrounding that?
--- End quote ---
1. Nothing announced.
2. Last rumor I read, a Switch Pro was planned and quietly cancelled due to some weird thing that happened in 2020.

--- End quote ---

The story is way more complicated from what I've heard. Originally the Switch Pro was delayed/shelved and the OLED was uncancelled in 2021 due to the chip shortage. With fake internet monies craze dying and chips being easy to get in 2022, they were going to release the Pro/(new) console but decided to wait until patches are available to take advantage of it sometime around spring 2023. Meanwhile, they made a metric ton of Zelda themed OLEDs in spring/summer 2022, which they were forced into storage due to TotK being delayed to May 2023. Since Nintendo wants to get their money worth out of these OLEDs and even has balls to charge a $10 surcharge for sitting on them for a year, they killed the Pro to not compete with the Zelda OLED's sales and delaying it more will cause it to bump heads with the next console releasing next year. The Pro might live on as part of the "Switch" 2's backwards compatibility but Nintendo is considering not even including it. People in the know are trying to raise a backlash about Switch 2 not having any backwards compatibility to make Nintendo change their mind on it.

BlackNMild2k1:

--- Quote from: stevey on April 26, 2023, 12:17:37 PM ---NWR didn't get to go to Nintendo's Zelda preview event that everyone is bragging about today?

--- Quote from: Adrock on January 13, 2023, 01:39:25 AM ---
--- Quote ---Is the Switch Pro, or Switch 2 on the horizon? and what do we know about that?
Where are all the credible rumors surrounding that?
--- End quote ---
1. Nothing announced.
2. Last rumor I read, a Switch Pro was planned and quietly cancelled due to some weird thing that happened in 2020.

--- End quote ---

The story is way more complicated from what I've heard. Originally the Switch Pro was delayed/shelved and the OLED was uncancelled in 2021 due to the chip shortage. With fake internet monies craze dying and chips being easy to get in 2022, they were going to release the Pro/(new) console but decided to wait until patches are available to take advantage of it sometime around spring 2023. Meanwhile, they made a metric ton of Zelda themed OLEDs in spring/summer 2022, which they were forced into storage due to TotK being delayed to May 2023. Since Nintendo wants to get their money worth out of these OLEDs and even has balls to charge a $10 surcharge for sitting on them for a year, they killed the Pro to not compete with the Zelda OLED's sales and delaying it more will cause it to bump heads with the next console releasing next year. The Pro might live on as part of the "Switch" 2's backwards compatibility but Nintendo is considering not even including it. People in the know are trying to raise a backlash about Switch 2 not having any backwards compatibility to make Nintendo change their mind on it.

--- End quote ---

Hopefully those "people in the know" already got their way, as this job listing was found the other day talking about developing "cross platform" and for current and future Nintendo hardware
https://www.nerd.nintendo.com/files/Job%20Offer%20GAMETECH2023%20EN.pdf

my interpretation is that is speaking about backwards compatibility.... but I could be wrong.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version